Gay/Straight Percentages in Profiles

ConstructionWorker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can someone explain this to me? I don't get how someone could be 90% or 35%, etc. I'm not being mean or judgemental, just wondering. Frankly I didn't know how to answer the question when I joined the site, always thought you were gay or straight with little room in between. Guess I never really gave it much thought. I jacked off with one of my teammates after football practice once in high school, does that count as a 1%, LOL?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're new or you would know this has been discussed many times. But rather than it being "one or the other" most sex experts believe that everyone is somewhere on a continuum. There are homophobic straight guys, straight guys who would NEVER do anything with another guy, str8 guys who would do something if they were in prison for 30 years, str8 guys who only fool around with other dudes when they are drunk or smoking something so they can blame it on that the next day, straight who played around with other guys in college or the military, straight guys who cheat on their wives once a year with another dude when they can't stand it anymore, straight guys who cruise gay areas, straight (married) guys with a boyfriend on the side, etc etc etc. What percentage would you assign to each of those along that scale? That's where it gets controversial. 10% to me might mean something entirely different to you. We aren't math equations; we're human beings. The sliding percentage scale is just a one more description a person gives about themselves in their profile. You need to take the whole person into account. Hope that has been of some help.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
I'd say your experience fits in the 1% realm. A lot of straight guys have some group guy jack off session somewhere in their history, myself included. It doesn't mean I'm into guys, but I know I'm not 100% pure either.