Gay/Straight Roommates?

ShaneR

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Probably the most awkward part of the arrangement came from my parents, whose reactions mirrored some of the loopier homophobic remarks in this thread. I just let that roll off my back ... I was an adult by that point and didn't need their approval of my friends or roommates.

I had this problem with one woman who was my roommate. Her parents could not believe that a man and a woman could live under the same roof and not have sex. They also thought their daughter's reputation was ruined for life. Maybe it was, but the living arrangements had nothing to do with it. We had a huge garden apartment with bedrooms and baths on opposite sides of the common area and kitchen. My bedroom was as big as any apartment I could have afforded on my own. It didn't interfere with our very separate social lives.

Where there was a rapist in the neighborhood, we did do some 'there's a man around the house stuff' like leaving some of my clothes or boots in the common area or my raking a few leaves even though there was landscaping service with the apartment. That didn't seem like too much of an imposition under the circumstances.

Last edited:

Garfunkel

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm gay and every male roomie that I've had was straight. No, I never fell for the room mate, none of the men had issues with women questioning their sexuality, and never once did my Bf think that I was sleeping with my roommate. Not one of them ever had a problem and I was best man at the weddings of all 3 of my roommates. This is one of the most ridiculous questions that I have ever heard.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I had this problem with one woman who was my roommate. Her parents could not believe that a man and a woman could live under the same roof and not have sex. They also thought their daughter's reputation was ruined for life.

Holy "Three's Company," Batman! Was the roommate in question Suzanne Somers or Joyce DeWitt? :rolleyes: