Gay 'Uncle Tom-ism'

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
I've noticed for some time that here, in good old Great Britain, we STILL seem reluctant to get away from our need to portray gay people (in the media) as relentlessly camp.In amongst the Graham Nortons',Alan Carrs' Gok Wans' and surely worst of all Louie Spence (heave!) there must be better role models?Or maybe it's just that the media,along with the duplicity of certain individuals,won't/can't let go of this parody.Whatever the reason I find it all a bit depressing!!....

So, you can't be camp and be a role model? Graham Norton, Alan Carr, and Gok Wan, are being themselves.

God, what a self-loather you are. You think there's something wrong with these people, and are offended by them obviously. I hate to break it to you, but most gay men act like the people you've listed.

You're probably the biggest queen whoever lived.

S

superbot

So, you can't be camp and be a role model? Graham Norton, Alan Carr, and Gok Wan, are being themselves.

God, what a self-loather you are. You think there's something wrong with these people, and are offended by them obviously. I hate to break it to you, but most gay men act like the people you've listed.

You're probably the biggest queen whoever lived.
Er,people who need a 'role model' (whatever the hell that means?) have to be pretty sad and desperate to need any of the afore mentioned.The self loathing bit is also a piece of hackneyed garbage,used by peole such as yourself who obviously cannot think of anything of merit to counter balance a perfectly legitimate statement.It's just like those who throw around the word 'troll' when they find people whose opinions they can't influence.
I'd bet you a weeks wages that that Carr,Norton and Clary etc act nothing like that in real life and that ultra camp crap is for them a good money earner.Trouble is you do this sort of crap often enough you effectively convincing people that this is what most gay men are like in reality.It's all been done to death for gods sake! Good try tho'!!