Gay uncles more generous?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BigDallasDick8x6, Feb 11, 2010.

1. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gay guys make generous uncles, study shows.

Maybe everyone could use a gay uncle.

A new study found that homosexual men may be predisposed to nurture their nieces and nephews.

How gay uncles pass down their genes - Behavior- msnbc.com

^^I've always known this (I think a lot of gay men know it also) but learning the "evolutionary" reason for it was very interesting.

2. D_William Henry Hairyson

omg thats so trueee...i have a gay uncle and he gives me and my cousins presents all the time...

3. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Makes sense to a degree. I know its been somewhat true in my family. On the other hand, I know there are also many families that maintain no contact with gay relatives (and some for good reason).

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah, I am a gay uncle. I am pretty generous. If I have $...or have some things that my nieces or nephews may need...it filters down to them.

5. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    yep very true :) I have 10 nieces and nephews and 9 greats ... I think they can attest to that comment. hahaha :)

6. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Member

Gays are more generous period.

7. Fleur

Gold Member

In my experience, my gay uncle (who is also my godfather) was/is more generous with me. :) I was spoiled...I think the most "generous" thing he ever got me was a horse. And he let me get away with more stuff, was always more affectionate and loving too and sang to me all the time when I was a kid.

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Yup, it's true. I'm the gay uncle (as well as step-father) and in both cases they know they'll always get a lot more from me than their parents. It's also true with my god-child, though, so I'm not altogether sure it's simply a biological imperative although that's an interesting new consideration.

It still doesn't explain me being the "cool" one, though. :biggrin1:

9. catman

Gold Member

Doesn't everyone know GAY men make more money (and are better hung) than straight people? They are all uncut, they are all great lovers, better looking, don't pay taxes or ever have heart burn...

How is this news?

what is with all these rediculously open statements?

I am sure there are poor gay uncles out there, must like there are poor lesbian aunts and middle income gay uncles and....

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I really don't think it has anything to do with your sexuality frankly but more of how generous you are with gifts and affection.

11. Chase1600

Chase1600 Member

I’m a doting gay uncle.

To some extent, I can afford to be generous and am; I don’t think it’s so much about money. My nieces and nephews get vastly more, money wise, from their parents than from me.

But I’m very interested in their success, am generous, and was always engaged in adding special adventures and treats to their lives.

I was always big on promoting kids having a right to just be kids and take some time growing up. Their parents taught them a wonderful sense of responsibility; I was always saying give them time, they'll get there.

12. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am a gay uncle. It is maybe the best thing I have contributed to the world. I certainly have not done this to sway them in any direction. I am not sure if the article is eluding to this...maybe I am just tired. I think all uncles and aunts that don't have children have the potential to "spoil" there nephews/nieces. I just want them to be good men. Maybe I have done this to make sure they take care of me in my old age...LOL.

13. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    my niece calls me Aunty M.

14. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    The benefits of having a gay uncle don't always or necessarily have anything to do with having money. We're often, as Chase said, about being "doting", ie: listening, or being there in ways that a kid's parents or other adults in kid's lives aren't or, for many reasons, can't quite be. We're close enough to be intimately trusted but distanced enough to be intimately trusted, too.

#14 B_Nick8, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  15. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

gay uncle here that deviates from the norm, evidently

don't even gift for birthdays or Christmas

Bah, humbug! Your birthdays and Christmas are a a humbug!

16. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I am a gay uncle, and i have an impulse to buy niece things whenever i see them, the only thing is with my nephews they get the opposite.

17. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

My partner and I are the "gay uncles". We topped all of it. When we saw abuse we took in the Nephew and have made a home for him. We are NOT rich by any means, but we have sacrificed to do the right thing for a really good young man. He's not a kid any more and he now relates to us far more than his birth parents.

The facts however are that being gay has nothing to do with Kindness or generosity towards relatives. Both straight and gay people can do the right or wrong thing! The only difference I think between gay or straight might be their abilities to perceive need. This I have seen, but, it is a perception and I do not think that this is really genetic or guaranteed to be a "gift" given to gay men or women. Many gay men or women are horrifically uncomfortable around children. I learned over time that for reasons unknown I had a fear of "parenthood" and it was ten years of hellish care for an invalid parent that gave me the courage to take on the kid. They do not come with an owners manual and I can guarantee you that it has been very hard on our little family. Remember we live on a rural horse ranch with the nearest large city about 55 miles away. In spite of my initial misgivings about this, my nephew has taught me instead of the other way around. Parenting is sometimes learning together.

There is no such thing as a single rule. "Gay Uncles" are as diverse as the people who make up the men thrust into that position.

18. NCbear

Gold Member

I am a gay uncle and I've been kept from my nieces and nephews because my brother's wife is a fun-DAMN-mental Christian who thinks all gay and lesbian people--but especially gay male people--are child abusers.

Even when my first niece was born in 1990, she wouldn't let me pick her up or hold her. That's why I don't refer to Jane as my sister-in-law. She doesn't feel like any sister of mine.

Yes, it hurts. A lot. But I plan to let my nieces and nephews know where I live and what my contact information is. If they want to get to know me and my man, they'll know where to find me.

NCbear (who sees this as a pattern in my extended family, since this general situation has occurred only about four or five times already :rolleyes:)

19. D_Eddie Withagun

D_Eddie Withagun New Member

I'm screwing a gay uncle on the weekends. He's VERY generous in bed.

He's not my uncle BTW.

20. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

This is fucking hilarious! :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted