Gay Youtuber, Disappeared...do You Know His Name?

Moodley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am looking for the name or atleast a photo of a gay youtuber who came out around 2014 or 2015. He came out in a video whereby he had these charts/cards and it had messages and he turned each one till it read the message that he was gay. He was had an ex wife and a child and he was verrrry cute... Towards the end of his channel, he was saying how hard it was to meet and date men and the last thing I remember before he stop posting was that he made a mistake and that he wasnt actually gay....

I know its a reach to find this particular person but hey worth a try...Plus his coming out video was a viral video at the time.

Reactions: txmmy

Thickshafted

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah, Ben Hobson. He's actually a really nice guy. We used to message each other back and forth (nothing nsfw before anyone asks!) and he was surprisingly down to earth and a really genuine person. I felt so bad for him regarding the confusion he felt and the mental health issues he faced afterward. The last I heard, he had things under control and was doing well. I think being in the spotlight was just too fucking much for him, as I know it would be for me (and a lot of other people too). I haven't heard anything about him in a while, but I hope staying out of the public eye has done him some good. Last I heard, he was living the good life on a beautiful island, and I hope he's still that kind of happy.

pogwoff1066

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, Ben Hobson. He's actually a really nice guy. We used to message each other back and forth (nothing nsfw before anyone asks!) and he was surprisingly down to earth and a really genuine person. I felt so bad for him regarding the confusion he felt and the mental health issues he faced afterward. The last I heard, he had things under control and was doing well. I think being in the spotlight was just too fucking much for him, as I know it would be for me (and a lot of other people too). I haven't heard anything about him in a while, but I hope staying out of the public eye has done him some good. Last I heard, he was living the good life on a beautiful island, and I hope he's still that kind of happy.
Someone on Youtube said he killed himself. I looked it up and came across this obituary

I have really bad face blindness, so I hope someone can confirm or deny. But I believe it's him right?

If it is how horribly tragic.

• Wow
Reactions: Thickshafted

Thickshafted

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Someone on Youtube said he killed himself. I looked it up and came across this obituary

I have really bad face blindness, so I hope someone can confirm or deny. But I believe it's him right?

If it is how horribly tragic.
That is him. That's so fucking sad. I'm shocked. He was such a nice dude. Ugh.

Thickshafted

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thanks for the confirmation.

Seems like he was a very sweet person, albeit with a very complicated and tragic private life.
Thank God he's at peace now.
Absolutely. He was an incredibly sweet dude. And his life was very complicated. He struggled and fought hard for years battling mental health issues. I'm so fucking sad he's gone, but I do hope he's at peace. I'm still kind of in shock. The last I had heard from him, he was doing so well. I was hoping that things were still moving in that direction for him.

Reactions: pogwoff1066