Gaydar effectiveness and YOU!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by yngjock20, Aug 21, 2007.

1. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    Many people say that they have excellent gaydar, men and women alike; but do you sometimes find it's use more effective in real-time rather than, let's say, watching a tv show or looking at a picture?

About 70-90% of posts in the Celebrity Endowments section of LPSG pose the same question, "Is ________ gay or straight?" Even people with the best gaydar ability have difficulty being able to read celebrities depending on the their level of skill in acting or "hiding."

So my question, again, is do you find it more difficult deciphering a celebrities' sexual orientation (or anyone for that matter) because you aren't dealing with them one-on-one?

2. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I'm thinking of George Michael, Elton John, Lance Bass, Richard Simmons..... no, not really that hard.

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not too concerned about someone famous being gay or not. An encounter isn't likely to happen, though I've met many "famous" people. In the scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

4. dervin

dervin New Member

Albums:
    I'm pretty good with just a picture.

An example...

I have an internet buddy who I have known for years. He was a university student who went to a good religious school. He had a girlfriend.

The first time I saw a picture of him, I immediately thought, "This guy's coming out of the closet one day!" I showed the pic to a "real life" friend who is gay (and who was also friends with the guy). I asked him what he thought and he said, "That guy's just waiting to bust out." I showed the pic to a "real life" friend who is straight (and who was also friends with the guy...we all post on the iMDB message boards) and asked him what he thought. He said, "Handsome guy. His girlfriend is lucky."

About a year and a half ago, my friend sent me a private message. He told me he was bi. Six months after that, he finally admitted he was gay. He now has a boyfriend. They'll be staying with me when they visit Toronto for the film festival.

I've been pretty good with celebrities too. I remember the first time I saw a picture of Michael Stipe. I just knew he was a pillow biter. Same with Rock Hudson, Anthony Perkins....

I think that gay people give off a vibe and its not just in person. I don't no how to describe it. I just know that I have rarely been wrong when I have suspected someone (in person or via a pic) to be gay.

5. B_IanTheTall

B_IanTheTall New Member

My gaydar is almost 100% accurate when I'm at a gay bar or club...

Otherwise I think it is thrown off by the number of straight guys that (have) take(n) a peak or two or three or more, in the locker room or at urinals. I'm sure that my own bisexuality also affects the accuracy of my gaydar.

Any other guys think their gaydar has been misaligned by large number of guys looking at their ample equipment? How about your own biness?

6. speshk

speshk New Member

Gaydar is fun but I would never bank on it. 'Been wrong too many times.

7. Elngyn

Elngyn Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hi i just had to post this :

Im pritty sure that gaydar like menny other things is an ability
    that some posess with neer Olympian presision and others with more every
    day skill (My Guess... its realy a matter of how preceptive you are in the minute clues).Case in point my boyfriend, he has the Uncany ability to peg anyone as ether gay,straight or even Bi and to what degree by ether Sight or sound alone it dosnt matter if a guy is acting straight or genuinly dosn't know yet. He is like a human sexuality devining rod. When i asked him to tell me or teach me how to do it he was realy perplexed, he just realy dosnt know the best explanation i ever got was "I just feel it ". I totaly envy his ability to do that ...well ether that or his ability to know anyones penis size in mucth the same way ( hes actualy so good at that he told me how big i was and was more corect then i was in his guestamate over my mesurment ...though its a pain to have to convert everything over from centemeters ) :18:

8. hungscot86

hungscot86 Member

Albums:
    a straight ? guy in my office claims to have gaydar, although he has a girl friend and a baby I think he may be gay or bi .My question is I a guy claims to have Gaydar is he telling me that he is gay

9. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    hmm...well...i haven't had much experience...but, i did call T.R Knight.

10. B_IanTheTall

B_IanTheTall New Member

It could mean that he is telling you that he has a gay brother...

11. Principessa

Gold Member

No, he is not telling you he is gay. :confused: He is telling you he has gaydar. :rolleyes:

12. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I have never been wrong.

13. whatisup618

whatisup618 New Member

Uh yes i find that if i can be around them one on one i can find out if there gay faster and better.

14. snobbes

Gold Member

Agree, neither of them makes me hard.

15. huw ginnit

huw ginnit New Member

Albums:
    I guess the acid test is the walk down a plane, train or bus's aisle, with a good gaydar, you will invariably notice that the people who look up are generally gay.

Funny isn't it... They stop looking at their book or doing whatever they are doing, and look at you....

anyone know or researching why??

Does it go back to cave-men times or is it a modern phenomena?

Is it the continual hunt for like mindedness or built in as a self defence mechanism, checking out who is with us and those who aren't, a preservation device?? Is it a learned reponse? Can you train it to be better?

16. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    Personally, I have A-1 gaydar. I too called T.R. Knight the first time I saw Gray's Anatomy. Lance Bass I knew was gay when I was in the 8th Grade and RJ Helton from A.I. season one; read him before he even opened his mouth. I agree with some of you on here who said that there's a certain look or vibe that guys give off that will determine their sexuality.

For the longest, I'd tell people that you can know someone's gay in a picture by how wide their eyes are opened. Not if they're overly exaggerating a facial expression, but just a normal pic. I don't know why it worked, but that was the vibe I'd get and I was right 100% of the time.

I also have a theory about telling a man's size, but I'll save that one for the next time a thread like that pops up.

17. DimaBoy

DimaBoy Member

Well, that is an amazing gift! Tell us which celebrities are sensed by your gaydar!!!!
    What do you think about Roger Federer for exemple?

18. B_blogboardbusters

B_blogboardbusters New Member

well I must have pretty shitty gaydar because I just read someone say that they stuck their tongue between some guys foreskin and his dick, and of course I thought immediately that he was a fullonfag, but I read 90% straight 10% gay

19. Proppie

Proppie Member

I have no gaydar. Our two chiefs of staff were pegged as gay and they married to women. I assume that everyone is straight until they tell me otherwise.

20. D_Tintagel_Demondong

I'm pretty sure that Federer is not gay, despite his cream blazer.

It's Pride week in Ottawa and I live on the cusp of the gay villiage. Those homos are everywhere. They aren't too hard to spot, but they don't attempt to hide anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted