Gayness...+ Small Minded People

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is this? I go out and continually the gist of conversations is I'm gay, mainly because I like Prince! And other things which others 'perceive' as gay. They said they'd think I was gay if I wasn't so into tits...:rolleyes:

The apparent 'gay signs' are that I like Prince and that I write poetry. I know they're small minded and didn't pass high school education but wtf!?

It just annoys me. Really, I don't care what they say but...duh!!! It dumbfounds me how small minded they are. For one Prince doesn't even make gay music. If I could make music like Prince I'd be a very happy man. Although not as happy if I had a girl called Charlie :wink:

Anyone experienced this shit/have any advice? :rolleyes:

Blegh

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly everyone in the community where I grew up thought I was a lesbian because I was a tomboy. They thought that anyone who didn't adhere to rigid gender expectations was gay. I was "bashed" for this, too (mostly verbally).

I did not encounter this kind of thing in either Indianapolis or San Antonio, just the rural community I grew up in, and the conservative Catholic college I unfortunately went to.

Of course, at one of the science fiction conventions I went to I saw a button for sale that said "I would rather a bigot think I'm a lesbian rather than a lesbian think I'm a bigot". I should've bought that button. :smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What is this? I go out and continually the gist of conversations is I'm gay, mainly because I like Prince! And other things which others 'perceive' as gay. They said they'd think I was gay if I wasn't so into tits...:rolleyes:
The apparent 'gay signs' are that I like Prince and that I write poetry. I know they're small minded and didn't pass high school education but wtf!?
It just annoys me. Really, I don't care what they say but...duh!!! It dumbfounds me how small minded they are. For one Prince doesn't even make gay music. If I could make music like Prince I'd be a very happy man. Although not as happy if I had a girl called Charlie :wink:
Blegh

You can't worry what other people think of you (unless they are loved ones), that is their problem, not yours.

Prince may look gay, but he loves women. Maybe you don't have to tell everyone you meet that you like Prince.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know, I pointed out that Prince's wife (Mayte) was hot and that they couldn't do any better. I'd knock them out if I hadn't grown up with these people.

I guess I should ignore them and I do but it's getting beyond a joke.

I spose I do live in a rural town although it is a town...the only country we have is the moors. I feel your pain whatireallywant :tongue:

Silly ppl.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Of course, at one of the science fiction conventions I went to I saw a button for sale that said "I would rather a bigot think I'm a lesbian rather than a lesbian think I'm a bigot". I should've bought that button. >>

whatireallywant.

Sounds like a Nancy Lebovitz button. She sells lots of buttons at conventions. Makes her living doing it.

ShyGirly

Just Browsing
Media
Well scaredlittleboy you should get them to talk to me because i more than anyone know there isnt a gay bone in your body ;)
xx

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sounds to me like the bunch of people you hang around with are a bunch of tits!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: I wonder what my sexist, homophobic asshole ex would think of all this! He really liked Prince, too!

I'm cracking up over that. He apparently didn't get that message that straight men weren't supposed to like Prince. He got all his other ideas of what men and women were supposed to be like from standup comedians. :rolleyes: He couldn't handle the fact that I was so nontraditional... and yes, he lived in the area around where I grew up. I rarely dated anyone from there. I think the only ones I did were him, and one who I went out with once who was a Bible thumper who preached at me on our date! :eek:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I got similar treatment from some friends in high school & college - not because of my music taste, but because of my dress sense and the fact I used hand creams, lotions and moisturisers etc. Straight men shouldn't take care of their bodies and appearance, right? :tongue: (Though it was possibly because I stuck my tongue in the ear of a gay guy in my class during our class photo. And that I thought Brad Pitt was very attractive. And that I would have sex with my doppelganger should he exist. Hmm, maybe I am gay.)

I rolled with it - more than that, I played up to it, made it my 'thing'. It didn't go away, but it it completely removed any annoyance about it. Now come here and let me squeeze your peach, big boy. :naughty::biggrin1:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Blegh

When Purple Rain was released in 1984, I was 14 years old. The girls I knew (including me) loved him. Loved the music, thought he was sexier than sin, and had a wonderful sense of style with the Edwardian wardrobe. He kept beautiful women around him, had several gorgeous proteges' (Sheila E., Sheena Easton, Apollonia) and a knack for giving record companies the finger (slave tattoo on cheek) when they wouldn't let him out of his contract.

Back in the day, the guys thought he was gay and did not understand why the women fawned all over him. I often told guys to put on a ruffled shirt and play guitar if they wanted more action.

The more things change the more they stay the same. So you see, SLB, decrying Prince as too feminine or gay is the last battle cry for the anti-gay crowd. Losers.

Media
alot of people think i am lesbo or gay because i like boyish things and i am not the typical girl to get her nails and hair done or go shopping and gossip about someone's boyfriend. Girls are sometimes stupid....

btw u dont seem gay to me

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Blegh

Hmmm, you might want to try to stop sucking cock in public. That might stop the rumors... :wink: