Gays are bad, evil horrible people.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Kassokilleri2ff, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Kassokilleri2ff

But why? There are tons of documented cases of gay sexuality throughout our history. Weren't the romans constantly having gay relations? I don't really know much and I really don't feel like researching it. But my point is, why is it that Christianity chose to make gays a bad thing?

Heres how i see it. In the bible is says gays go to hell. So Christians say being gay is a choice. From using common sense and from what i've learned on this site, being gay is not a choice. It can be brought to the surface, but it was obviously something you always had with you.
    But wait, if being gay is not a choice, then why would god make you gay only to send you to hell? So it must be a choice otherwise that means god would be an unjust god, but the bible says god is just! Gasp!

But what about all the history of humanity, i know there is tons of homosexuality in there. What made the Christians say it was bad? I guess most religions do huh?

I'm not sure what my point was. I was just reading some stuff and i felt like saying something on a post i guess. lolz. Yea.

2. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most churches thee days, as far as I can tell, are pretty corrupt (child molestors for example). If the people who actually run the Church don't make sense, how can you expect their teaches to at the same time. It is true as well, that homosexuality was widely accepted in the ancient civilizations (Romans, Greeks, etc). Like in the Greek culture you had Eremenoi and Erastes (gay relationships basically) that were widely known about and accepted (at least it says so on wikipedia). I watched a show once saying that hell isnt painted as a place for evil to burn t a crisp for all eternity. This show argued that the bible simply states, "Fine, you don't like god? GO to hell, do your own thing there, I don't care". It seems there's a lot that can be argued in completely different perspectives with evidence from the bible than what the CHurch presents.

Basically my point here is, research may not be fun, but ti's the ONLY way to separate truth from fiction. The one big thing about the medi in general is that most of the time, it fudges the truth to what is most convenient for you to believe for those whom deliver it (propaganda). I hope everything I said makes enough sense...and that it's not too bold of a statement (I've been crashed and burned for some stuff before haha)

3. sandwulf

sandwulf Member

Albums:
    Religious texts were written by man.
    That's all one really needs to remember in order to answer that.

4. dreamer20

Gold Member

In which verse is that stated Kassokiller? :rolleyes:

5. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

The bible is open to interpretation, and thats where we go wrong,you can't trust man,to interprete the bible as it might have been written.I would like to see that text, of how the bible was actually written,that Lex showed me.
    cigarbabe:saevil:

6. 9incut

9incut New Member

This pretty much sums it up right here. The Bible has been changed so much through history to fit the needs for the church at that time period that I doubt very seriously that it is anything close to what it should be. And I'm not an Athiest or any type of religion hater, that's just the truth.

7. mcr82

mcr82 New Member

Albums:
    the bible is a load of shi*!!

a fairy tale that has alot to answer for especially these days.

8. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Amen, ....oops, I mean hell yeah! The bible is a work of fiction.

9. lookout8552

lookout8552 Member

Albums:
  10. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am only evil when someone pisses me off

11. Hugh G. Rection

You should read the timeless tales of Sodom and Gomorrah. It will explain a lot to you.

12. arthurdent

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't have a Bible to check it, but I think it's in Deuteronomy 23, 1-2.

Supposedly only the ten commandments were handed down by God and none of those are anti-gay; everything else was written by men, some of whom must have been homophobic. Also the original meaning of the text may have been changed in various versions and translations. Purple monkey dishwasher.

13. dreamer20

Gold Member

Yes. That's the tale where Lot accidentally set his house on fire and subsequently caused two cities to be engulfed in flames. Sadly his wife also was destroyed but he and his daughters were able to escape unharmed. Lot was very distraught. So distraught that he took to drinking and having sex with his daughters, as many a righteous man would in those days.

I know some other people will mention another version of this story i.e. the one in which Lot offers some men of the city sex with his daughters , but that was just an elaborate tale to cover up his incestuous sex scandal.

14. B_bobs3304

B_bobs3304 New Member

It's not the banging in the ass that bothers me.

Heck it's not even the mannerisms.

It's when they stare at me.

Lol.

15. dreamer20

Gold Member

Sorry. That's not the verse.:rolleyes:

16. dannymawg

Gold Member

Because it felt so good?

17. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

You shouldn't be pulling on your pud in public, bobs.

18. Captain Elephant

Captain Elephant Active Member

Albums:
    Basically, church people don't want anyone having pleasure because then they wouldn't put too much stock in the hereafter. And if there's no hereafter to worry about, then why pass the plate?

From what I've heard, there are like six admonitions in the whole Bible about homosexuality, but somewhere around 131 warning heteros. I'm seeing who needs the most looking after, don't you?

19. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Dont stare back!!!!

20. bimmli

bimmli Member

Religion was created to control mankind, there is no doubt about it. In antiquity the general population was not educated and thus easily controlled. They were taught to fear the wrath of God so if God didn't want them to do something they most probably wouldn't do it.

Christianity was first a cult in the Roman underground that slowly gained adherents in the upper classes of Roman society. As it grew in numbers their leaders had to differentiate it from other Roman religions. I'm not sure why but for some reason they demonized human sexuality in general and homosexuality in particular.

We are taught that giving homosexuals equal rights will destroy western civilization yet Roman and Greek culture grew and survived for many hundreds of years side by side with homosexuality practiced by many men. It was considered normal sexual behavior. There was nothing immoral about their societies and what's funny is that our civilization is based on theirs.

Go figure.....

Draft saved Draft deleted