Gays are bad, evil horrible people.

gaverage

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyone hear the saying "history is written by the victors"... well its true. The bible was written... and then re-written by people many years ago in order to mold peoples opinions to match thier own.

Faith in my humble opinion, is necessary for people who fear what comes after life. They will rationalise the bible and its's other religious counterparts until they are blue in the face because they fear what they cannot understand.

Bottom line is that, any life that comes afer death, will be explained by science, and not some magical creature that created us all. If an afterlife or... "higher state of being" exists, then it will exist for us all. The science of our body & minds does not discriminate against gay people or anyone else. The down-side, is that even sex offender and other major criminals will be "welcome" in the next life.

Or...... we die..... and that's it! Hence why religion has lasted for so long on our little planet.... fear of becoming "worm food" when we die!

Sorry if this offends any religious folks!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But why? There are tons of documented cases of gay sexuality throughout our history. Weren't the romans constantly having gay relations? I don't really know much and I really don't feel like researching it. But my point is, why is it that Christianity chose to make gays a bad thing?

Heres how i see it. In the bible is says gays go to hell. So Christians say being gay is a choice. From using common sense and from what i've learned on this site, being gay is not a choice. It can be brought to the surface, but it was obviously something you always had with you.
But wait, if being gay is not a choice, then why would god make you gay only to send you to hell? So it must be a choice otherwise that means god would be an unjust god, but the bible says god is just! Gasp!

But what about all the history of humanity, i know there is tons of homosexuality in there. What made the Christians say it was bad? I guess most religions do huh?

I'm not sure what my point was. I was just reading some stuff and i felt like saying something on a post i guess. lolz. Yea.

The bible is open to interpretation, and thats where we go wrong,you can't trust man,to interprete the bible as it might have been written.I would like to see that text, of how the bible was actually written,that Lex showed me.
cigarbabe:saevil:

Cigarbabe hit this one on the head. Religions say that being gay is a sin. The bible is a very broad text, not to mention each religion has editied the bible to suit their needs. Think about this? Notre Dame in Paris is adorned with all the saints. Can you recall the tale of the headless saint in the bible? Have you read the story of Saint George and the snakes in the bible? They are no longer there. The story of Saint George more specifically because the "snakes" he drove out of Ireland were in reality the Pagans. That had to be muted so that the church could convert them as opposed to running them out of town.

Religion is what you make of it and if you can't think for yourself, you will only get what someone wants you to get (Just think Westboro Baptist). If you do have a mind, you can take what you are taught, take what is relevant and form your own faith. Faith and religion are two different things altogether.

Religion was created to control mankind, there is no doubt about it. In antiquity the general population was not educated and thus easily controlled. They were taught to fear the wrath of God so if God didn't want them to do something they most probably wouldn't do it.

Christianity was first a cult in the Roman underground that slowly gained adherents in the upper classes of Roman society. As it grew in numbers their leaders had to differentiate it from other Roman religions. I'm not sure why but for some reason they demonized human sexuality in general and homosexuality in particular.

We are taught that giving homosexuals equal rights will destroy western civilization yet Roman and Greek culture grew and survived for many hundreds of years side by side with homosexuality practiced by many men. It was considered normal sexual behavior. There was nothing immoral about their societies and what's funny is that our civilization is based on theirs.

Go figure.....

Exactly right. Do you know one of the reasons why suicide is a "mortal sin"? During the middle ages, people hearing the stories of how glorious heaven was were throwing themselves from cliffs to get there. So the church could keep it's parishioners, they made suicide a sin so people would stay with the church and not go leaping from the hills.

The passage most frequently cited is Leviticus 20:13, which in the modern King James version reads:

"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them."

Even then, there is substantial disagreement over both the meaning of this passage (not as translated, but if the translation is anywhere near correct) and over the extent to which Leviticus ought to be taken as the word of God. It is Leviticus, after all, that includes sanctions of death for such offenses as observing your parents having sex (even accidentally) or wearing clothing of mixed fabrics (apparently God doesn't approve of poly-cotton blends?). Leviticus 20 is particularly strange as it deals mostly with the varieties of incest which shall be punishable by death but then ends in Leviticus 20:27, which calls for all wizards to be stoned to death. That certainly seems a little out of place.

That and the stories of Soddom and Gammorah fuel this belief, but again open to broad interpretation.

Hehe...

Leonardo da Vinci was even gay.. or at least dabbled in homo erotic activities. I think it was common for the young students to have sexual relationships with their teacher.

But he got the idea for the helicopter and even the contact lens. So that's one smart evil gay guy. Hell must have a lot of intelligent, resourceful people in stock if we are to believe the fundamentalist christians.

Which I find ironic as Da Vinci probably did more for advancing man than any church official of his time. Darn those gay inventors ruining our lives. :biggrin1:

I think he was being sarcastic, dreamer. In other words, it isn't because it's actually in any verse, but because so many people will actually say "it's wrong. how do I know it's wrong? brother fred tells us that in every sermon, he says it's in the bible, and no one knows the bible like brother fred."

I read it, several times. It didn't explain a damned thing to me. Maybe you can explain it to me a little more clearly.

Kasso, I think that in order to (partially) answer your question, you have to consider when those stories - especially those of the Torah - were evolving. Infant mortality rates were super-high and life expectancy was not terribly long. In order for any tribe to survive, they had to have LOTS of babies. They had to do whatever they could in order to manage daily survival issues, like hunting, tending herds, working in the fields, and protecting themselves against rival tribes.

So, any "non-reproductive" sex was considered a serious waste of resources. But just saying "don't do it" wasn't enough, obviously. Humans have never responded well to that. But if you make it a law, and invent a god to enforce that law by predicting dire consequences for violating the law, you have a better chance of persuading the masses that non-reproductive sex is bad.

Well said as always my friend. And for the record, you are gay and evil, but you are evil for not coming out for a visit anytime soon. :wink:

The whole "gay is a choice" is bullshit and one of those things that really upsets me when I hear it. My brother spent years living a lie. I am glad he is out and happy.

If you truly believe in God and Christ, wouldn't they praise someone for being happy and productive to all mankind? If that is the case, how can you hate a gay person? I know gay couples that adopt children while straight couples do nothing but drop "pro-life" lip service. In my book, they (the adopting gay couples) will see heaven, valhalla, whatever name you call paradise long before the pro-life hypocrites.

Stepping down now.
:soapbox:

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
George Bush says that God speaks to him and look what evil he has unleashed on the world.
That's right . Religion some times are very dangerous . Some of the greatest evil in history were unleashed by religions .

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cigarbabe hit this one on the head. Religions say that being gay is a sin. The bible is a very broad text, not to mention each religion has editied the bible to suit their needs. Think about this? Notre Dame in Paris is adorned with all the saints. Can you recall the tale of the headless saint in the bible? Have you read the story of Saint George and the snakes in the bible? They are no longer there. The story of Saint George more specifically because the "snakes" he drove out of Ireland were in reality the Pagans. That had to be muted so that the church could convert them as opposed to running them out of town.

Religion is what you make of it and if you can't think for yourself, you will only get what someone wants you to get (Just think Westboro Baptist). If you do have a mind, you can take what you are taught, take what is relevant and form your own faith. Faith and religion are two different things altogether.

Exactly right. Do you know one of the reasons why suicide is a "mortal sin"? During the middle ages, people hearing the stories of how glorious heaven was were throwing themselves from cliffs to get there. So the church could keep it's parishioners, they made suicide a sin so people would stay with the church and not go leaping from the hills.

That and the stories of Soddom and Gammorah fuel this belief, but again open to broad interpretation.

Which I find ironic as Da Vinci probably did more for advancing man than any church official of his time. Darn those gay inventors ruining our lives. :biggrin1:

Well said as always my friend. And for the record, you are gay and evil, but you are evil for not coming out for a visit anytime soon. :wink:

The whole "gay is a choice" is bullshit and one of those things that really upsets me when I hear it. My brother spent years living a lie. I am glad he is out and happy.

If you truly believe in God and Christ, wouldn't they praise someone for being happy and productive to all mankind? If that is the case, how can you hate a gay person? I know gay couples that adopt children while straight couples do nothing but drop "pro-life" lip service. In my book, they (the adopting gay couples) will see heaven, valhalla, whatever name you call paradise long before the pro-life hypocrites.

Stepping down now.

:soapbox:

I'm glad to hear a christian talking like that. Some christians are very cool but technically you are a rebel or heretic in the Catholic Church . You are Catholic right ? Some of your positions in several issues like homosexuality etc don't agree with Catholic Church. Hey is true that the current Pope want to put back the mass to latin , How the mass were before the Second Vatican Council ?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad to hear a christian talking like that. Some christians are very cool but technically you are a rebel or heretic in the Catholic Church . You are Catholic right ? Some of your positions in several issues like homosexuality etc don't agree with Catholic Church. Hey is true that the current Pope want to put back the mass to latin , How the mass were before the Second Vatican Council ?

You are correct, I am Catholic and were this the middle ages, I would surely be burned for herecy. My positions are based on my personal views and some are influenced by my faith, but not my religion. My religion gives me some basis for my own personal faith, but it is not 100% perfect, neither is my personal faith. The bible is a contradictory text in some cases. The bible says the Lord loves saint and sinner alike, but why destroy a whole city of sinners? You don't destroy that which you love. The bible is merely what you make of it.

As for the current Pope. It is no secret that Pope Benedict would like to see a more fundemental church, but Vatican II showed the heads of the church realized the youth were the future of the church. The old ways needed to give way to a more welcoming church. In the East suburbs where I live, there is a rift between the youthful thinking and the fundementalists. That rift is growing. The Pope John Paul II was widely loved for his heartfelt attitudes toward youth. So much was his respect for the youth of the church that he put some of his own feelings of where the church shouold be on hold for the greater good. Pope Benedict seems to be more of an old schooler in my book.

I am lucky I belong to a pretty open minded parish. Closed minded people do not last long in my parish either. We have younger priests and they are truly not your "traditional" priests.

It is also not my job to force people into the church. If someone is curious, I'll talk and I'll even tell them why I disagree with certain things and why I can still be a Catholic. As I have said numerous times, religion is a personal thing and faith is a deeply personal thing. My views may be contradictory to my church in some cases, but not contradictory to my faith.

Love ALL people, not just those we find acceptable. There in lies the lesson of Jesus Christ.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are correct, I am Catholic and were this the middle ages, I would surely be burned for herecy. My positions are based on my personal views and some are influenced by my faith, but not my religion. My religion gives me some basis for my own personal faith, but it is not 100% perfect, neither is my personal faith. The bible is a contradictory text in some cases. The bible says the Lord loves saint and sinner alike, but why destroy a whole city of sinners? You don't destroy that which you love. The bible is merely what you make of it.

As for the current Pope. It is no secret that Pope Benedict would like to see a more fundemental church, but Vatican II showed the heads of the church realized the youth were the future of the church. The old ways needed to give way to a more welcoming church. In the East suburbs where I live, there is a rift between the youthful thinking and the fundementalists. That rift is growing. The Pope John Paul II was widely loved for his heartfelt attitudes toward youth. So much was his respect for the youth of the church that he put some of his own feelings of where the church shouold be on hold for the greater good. Pope Benedict seems to be more of an old schooler in my book.

I am lucky I belong to a pretty open minded parish. Closed minded people do not last long in my parish either. We have younger priests and they are truly not your "traditional" priests.

It is also not my job to force people into the church. If someone is curious, I'll talk and I'll even tell them why I disagree with certain things and why I can still be a Catholic. As I have said numerous times, religion is a personal thing and faith is a deeply personal thing. My views may be contradictory to my church in some cases, but not contradictory to my faith.

Love ALL people, not just those we find acceptable. There in lies the lesson of Jesus Christ.

The next pope must follow the same line of thinking of John Paul the second or the catholic church will collapse . I think that putting the mass back to latin at this age is weird . What is the point of going to mass and not understand a single word that of the priest is saying?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The next pope must follow the same line of thinking of John Paul the second or the catholic church will collapse . I think that putting the mass back to latin at this age is weird . What is the point of going to mass and not understand a single word that of the priest is saying?

Let's not hijack the thread any longer. To put this back on track. I think it would be poetic justice if the church did go to latin masses only to find that more gay people took latin and understand the language. :biggrin1:

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's not hijack the thread any longer. To put this back on track. I think it would be poetic justice if the church did go to latin masses only to find that more gay people took latin and understand the language. :biggrin1:
Looking this matter from this point of view is correct .:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But my point is, why is it that Christianity chose to make gays a bad thing?

Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Judaism all condemn homosexuality to a certain degree. Madonna, a gay icon, is into Kabbalah, which does not approve of homosexuality.

Heres how i see it. In the bible is says gays go to hell.

So do straights. I wish people would stop acting as though the Bible is straight friendly. Nobody's perfect. There's a lot more to the Bible than what it says about gays.

But wait, if being gay is not a choice, then why would god make you gay only to send you to hell?

God wouldn't create life to destroy it. I believe sexuality is a choice. That's why I don't believe God would make anyone gay and send them to hell.

What made the Christians say it was bad? I guess most religions do huh?

Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Judaism all condemn homosexuality to a certain degree. A lot of people think those religions are gay friendly, but the core beliefs are not.

George Bush says that God speaks to him and look what evil he has unleashed on the world.

Oh, please. :rolleyes:

Check out the Purple Pew:

http://purplepew.org/biblical-dots/faq

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But why? There are tons of documented cases of gay sexuality throughout our history. Weren't the romans constantly having gay relations? I don't really know much and I really don't feel like researching it. But my point is, why is it that Christianity chose to make gays a bad thing?

Heres how i see it. In the bible is says gays go to hell. So Christians say being gay is a choice. From using common sense and from what i've learned on this site, being gay is not a choice. It can be brought to the surface, but it was obviously something you always had with you.
But wait, if being gay is not a choice, then why would god make you gay only to send you to hell? So it must be a choice otherwise that means god would be an unjust god, but the bible says god is just! Gasp!

But what about all the history of humanity, i know there is tons of homosexuality in there. What made the Christians say it was bad? I guess most religions do huh?

I'm not sure what my point was. I was just reading some stuff and i felt like saying something on a post i guess. lolz. Yea.
I'll probly get alot of heat from this but this is my unbiased opinion, what i believe to be true, and i have that right, i own it because it is mine(what i choose to believe), i have the ability to think for myself, everyone has to come up with their own conclusions for themselves just as i have.
So don't hate me for what i believe, please.
The catholic church is much to blame, i'm a catholic but i do not believe in everything they do, i do not believe in what you don't know won't hurt you, i believe it's just the opposite.
The chatholic church believes that if they hide things from us that somehow they are protecting us from ourselves. (which i think is a bunch of bullshit).
What they don't want you to know is that jesus loves everybody, regardless of your lifestyle, he is not judgemental in any way.
The true teachings of christ are hiden away in some roman catholic church is what i think.
I believe that all are welcome into heaven if they so choose, even someone who commits murder, let me explain.
If your in heaven then your already dead, so you can't go on killing people in heaven because everyones already passed, you are no longer in a physical form which means you can no longer hurt anyone physically, you have entered the spirtual realm.
Once you have entered the spiritual realm you have no reason to act out on old behaviors because you are no longer in a physicall form, theres nothing to gain in heaven except freedom from the physical desires that the flesh craves, be it good or bad.
In other words, the desires of the flesh leave us, as do the feelings to do others harm, we become spiritual entities and with the flesh no longer there to torment us to sin we are free from what once enslaved us and our self made prisons of guilt and remorse.
So the bottom line is that you can do whatever you want as long as you are willing to pay mans concequences, and the church fears that if people know the truth that the world will be in chaos, governments will fall and the world(human race) will unit as one and we wil finally know peace(there is no money to be made in times of peace, the money is in the war machines).
Think of all the wars that are started in the name of god.
But hey, i'm just a nut that can think outside the box, maybe someday they'll start putting crosses in chracker jack boxes- candy popcorn and nuts that comes with a novelty prize.
chris

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The whole religion thing is a waste of time. I think it was created just to have a way to control people as mentioned by someone earlier in this post. To scare people into following the rules or laws. All this talk about Heaven and Hell and sexuality. Give me a fuckin' break! So do we feel better when we are labeled as either Heterosexual or Homosexual? We are all human beings and should respect each other as that. People have to grow up. That's why humanity is on a down-word spiral, people are just to narrow minded to accept people the way they are.

I agree.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah but heaven's got God, he's really clever and he doesn't have any sexuality.

God has a mysterious sexuality. Remember when He slept with another man's wife to procreate Jesus Christ? Mary. Joseph was Mary's husband. God couldn't make Jesus out of the earth like He created Adam.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
*OMG....if you walk around with no underwear on...and a NICE fuckin cock like that hangin down your leg....i AM gonna stare....fuckin WOOF DADDY...LOL

Sir, I believe that you are being gay. You're being bad. You're being horrible. (I have always wanted to say *that (OMG....if you walk around with no underwear on...and a NICE fuckin cock like that hangin down your leg....i AM gonna stare....fuckin WOOF DADDY) to Mitt Romney.:wink:)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sir, I believe that you are being gay. You're being bad. You're being horrible. (I have always wanted to say *that (OMG....if you walk around with no underwear on...and a NICE fuckin cock like that hangin down your leg....i AM gonna stare....fuckin WOOF DADDY) to Mitt Romney.:wink:)
Oh, like that's gonna happen. He's never without his garment.