Gays are bad, evil horrible people.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The bible is open to interpretation, and thats where we go wrong,you can't trust man,to interprete the bible as it might have been written.I would like to see that text, of how the bible was actually written,that Lex showed me.
cigarbabe:saevil:

You are talking about this Thread:Misinterpretation: The Bible and Homosexuality

Where I posted this:

Homosexuality and the Bible by Walter Wink

It basically shows why we've misinterpreted the Bible when we try to call homosexuality sinful.

A good dear RELIGIOUS Friend sent me this. It is not light reading.

The debate over homosexuality is a remarkable opportunity, because it raises in an especially acute way how we interpret the Bible, not in this case only, but in numerous others as well. The real issue here, then, is not simply homosexuality, but how Scripture informs our lives today.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...God wouldn't create life to destroy it. I believe sexuality is a choice. That's why I don't believe God would make anyone gay and send them to hell...

Wow. I guess you have never seen two male dogs get stuck or read the stories about the numerous gay penguin couples that have lived together for years, etc.? A lot of people call homosexuality "unnatural" at which point, I like to note all the instances of it that do occur in nature quite frequently.

I mean, you are free to believe that people choose their orientation but it does not make your belief any more correct. I know men and women who can say that from the time they were little, they have felt an attraction to the same sex. And there is so much research and social analysis to support orientation as an innate part of ourselves, that it amazes me that people can drive cars and still make these neolithic claims. I guess I'll keep waiting for Fred Flintstone to drive down the street with his feet.

All I can say is that if me and my friends are going to hell, it's gonna be one heck of a fucking party.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
All I can say is that if me and my friends are going to hell, it's gonna be one heck of a fucking party.

I don't know if you're a Christian, but someone asked why God would create gay people only to send them to hell. I disagree with that statement. He would not create people to ultimately send them to hell. The Bible is talking about the specific sin of sodomy which applies to straights and gays, and also applies to having sex outside of your relationship.

Frequently Asked Questions on Homosexuality and the Bible | The Purple Pew

Read #4 & #8

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is no God. So don't believe everything (ideally, anything) you read in the bible.

If God exists then I would have to accept all other deities since I see no reason why God is more likely to exist or as some would say does exist when the majority opinion is that Poseidon, Zeus, Imhotep, Ra, Horus, Mars, Venus, Aphrodite, Tree Man, Emu Man, Thor, Odin, etc, etc do not exist.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Therefore, gays are not born bad. Like all living things they have the capacity to be bad.

I would also just like to add that because something exists in nature it might still defy "the natural order of birth-life-death-birth-life-death". Which I think makes it unnatural. Not in a negative or 'homophobic' way. It just does not follow the 'circle of life'. It's more of a line. And that's all I will say on the matter.

BTW, I think homosexuality is inborn and not a choice. I also don't want to get caught up in the semantics of unnatural. I use it to define something which does not comply with the order of nature.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sir, I believe that you are being gay. You're being bad. You're being horrible. (I have always wanted to say *that (OMG....if you walk around with no underwear on...and a NICE fuckin cock like that hangin down your leg....i AM gonna stare....fuckin WOOF DADDY) to Mitt Romney.:wink:)

Oh, like that's gonna happen. He's never without his garment.

The idea was promising though. Hehehe.:wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know if you're a Christian, but someone asked why God would create gay people only to send them to hell. I disagree with that statement. He would not create people to ultimately send them to hell. The Bible is talking about the specific sin of sodomy which applies to straights and gays, and also applies to having sex outside of your relationship.
So, by that, I'm guessing that there's no biblical problem with gays having sex, so long as no one gets anything poked into his pooper?

It's interesting - given that "God don't make no junk," people will prefer to jump to the conclusion that homosexuality is a choice, rather than the only other logical conclusion: that it isn't actually wrong.

I'm familiar with the concept of "divine inspiration" for those who produce the written word of god, in other words, god himself ensuring that translations are true to the original. I don't believe it, though, and I believe that those who translate invariably insert their own personal opinions into their work.

Otherwise, not only would bibles be consistent (which they are not; NRS, KJV, "Good News Bible," all have some very noticeable differences, not just in style, but in content,) but there also would be no sectarian divisions... catholics, baptists, pentecostals, christadelphians, methodists, COGICs, AMEs, would not exist; there would just be one christian church.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, by that, I'm guessing that there's no biblical problem with gays having sex, so long as no one gets anything poked into his pooper?

If you are not Christian or Jewish, then what the Bible says should not matter to you. But there are gays who are Christians or Jews or former Christians or Jews, and they are torn. The Bible condemns sodomy, gay or straight; having sex if you are not committed to the person, gay or straight; and going outside of your committed relationship for sex, gay or straight.

It's interesting - given that "God don't make no junk," people will prefer to jump to the conclusion that homosexuality is a choice, rather than the only other logical conclusion: that it isn't actually wrong.

God does not make junk. There is nothing wrong with homosexuals. If a person believes he/she was born gay, there is nothing wrong with that, but not all people believe that, and not all gay people believe they were born gay.

Frequently Asked Questions on Homosexuality and the Bible | The Purple Pew

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are not Christian or Jewish, then what the Bible says should not matter to you. But there are gays who are Christians or Jews or former Christians or Jews, and they are torn. The Bible condemns sodomy, gay or straight; having sex if you are not committed to the person, gay or straight; and going outside of your committed relationship for sex, gay or straight.
Actually, it does not. That's how someone has interpreted a phrase. But there is not a single scripture that says, "Sodomy is condemned."

Show me the exact phrase, (in Aramaic or Hebrew for old testament, or Greek for new testament), and let's translate it together in historical context. Then, we will talk. Until then, if you are planning to use the Leviticus 18 or Leviticus 20 phrases, or any of the writings of Paul, they are useless.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you are not Christian or Jewish, then what the Bible says should not matter to you.

Is this why you asked if I were Christian?

Well, it would not matter to me if people did not try to use it to legislate against my rights. But they do--so the things that people say the Bible says, matter.

BTW--I was raised as a Christian, Southern Baptist by way of Southern Methodist to be exact.

Actually, it does not. That's how someone has interpreted a phrase. But there is not a single scripture that says, "Sodomy is condemned."

Thank you. And I have seen the story of Sodom and Gomorrah interpreted to be God's wrath against the inhospitable.

Just Asking and Freddie prove that being religious does not mean being narrow minded. Sadly, they are a minority, it seems.

B_Epic_Size

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the problem with alot of the major religions is that its hypocritical. im not a religious man but i was raised lutheran. did bible school and confirmation class and all that shit. so i still remember a lil. The number one thing i use as an argument against religious "extremists" is that the bible says we are made in God's image. that really pisses them off.

people that think being gay is a lifestyle choice or a disease or are going to hell need to recieve a serious flogging. its thinking like that that led to people like hitler coming to power. so to those of you that are narrow minded to think like that, keep on goose-stepping towards your ignorant future.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you. And I have seen the story of Sodom and Gomorrah interpreted to be God's wrath against the inhospitable.

Just Asking and Freddie prove that being religious does not mean being narrow minded. Sadly, they are a minority, it seems.

Which is a major reason I admire them both. But of course I am too close minded for you and DC I think.

OK, I'm off to meet up with the Westoboro group for beer and bashing. :wink:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How do you explain the numerous wives and concubines Abraham, David, and Solomon had?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Which is a major reason I admire them both. But of course I am too close minded for you and DC I think.

Who ever said that?

How do you explain the numerous wives and concubines Abraham, David, and Solomon had?

Sadly, most Christians can't explain anything. They can just parrot what someone has told them about a book that they themselves have but may not have fully read. I just don't get it.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who ever said that?

I'm just messing with ya Lex. Hung David was commending me for not being a religious sheep and being open minded yet having religion and a mind enough to make my own choices especially as it comes to gay issues and the like.

Sorry about that, I thought you saw it. :redface: