gay's getting their wishes

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Mylor Mentallydaft, May 21, 2009.

1. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

the artical and thread njqt466 did has weighed on me for a few days, i thought that i should point out, gays don't have to go to marylad to get the rights they want. and even if they do go, when you get home.... call a lawyer, ain't got one, find one thats cheap, have them draft a POWER OF ATTORNEY, for each of you, have it include a medical proxy and a right to discloser.... keeps stuff like that from happening. and i know its not popular opnion, but try not to tell them you're the gay partner, just say partner or bussiness partner, i know it shouldn't have to be that way and it dosen't HAVE to be but why make waves with idiots if you don't have to?

2. Fredro

Fredro New Member

"i know it shouldn't have to be that way and it dosen't HAVE to be but why make waves with idiots if you don't have to?"

Sometimes making waves is the only way to get the equality everyone deserves.

If one can't freely disclose that their partner is gay and be able to reliably trust that one's wishes will be followed to the letter, that's not making any progress whatsoever. Gay shouldn't have to lie about their partners when it comes to legal matters.

3. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

very true..... that artical just freaked me out. feel about gays, bis, straits, trannys how ever you want, me telling you you're ignorant over your opnion is just as bad as them saying you're going to hell and blah blah blah, but a human dying like that with the person they want to be there to keep them from being scared or hold their hand just outside the door is evil, walking breathing evil...... but still, i am very old school, a person's sex life IMO should be as private as their pay check..... but i'll admit it poses an intresting dilema with homosexuals, because you want to bring your husband/wife/partner to the company picnic, you can never speak a word of sodomy and its obvious that that's your bag...... but you still want to share your life with your lover....... its a tight rope no way around it, i wouldn't trade places with a gay man for anything, i really feel for you all

4. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

In Canada, LGBT's have pretty much all the same rights as non-LGBT's. The only right that we're "lacking" that I can think of is that the age of consent for anal sex is 18 instead of 16.

To quote Pierre Trudeau, "There's no place for the state in the bedroom's of the nation."

5. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

yeah, but man... you guys are like the attic we never go into for a reason... sure there's all that un used space up there but something about it and the stuff in it is just....... creepy

j/k....... its a shame man.... americans are looked at around the world as some elite seperate RACE of people..... and this is the shit we bicker over

6. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Ha ha, you're totally right about unused space. Our population density is in the bottom 15 with 3 people per km2. And I must admit, the Quebecois are a bit creepy; just look at the Cirque du Soleil! :wink:

What your country initially stood for was brilliant. What it's become is less than stellar. Just compare Thomas Jefferson to George Bush. You had a mongrel in a suit in the position that a political genius once held. Very funny, but totally sad.

7. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

ahhhh kay, lets tone down on the anti american talk..... our country STILL stands for what it did, but principals don't do well against liberal debate..... not because one is weaker but because its like playing football on a baseball diamond with a basketball........ the ones who preach it only hide behind it, the ones aganst it cry when it's not there and the ones who actually fought for it don't believe the others have a right to question it......

8. controlppt

controlppt New Member

Queer people SHOULD have the freedom to disclose to anyone if their partner is gay. If heterosexuals dont have to hide, why do queer people need to hide?

Sometimes heterosexuals need to check their privilege. And as for America being a "better" country, simply by implying that we are "superior" or "better" does not makes us so. Moreover, it only divides us as humans, no one is better. Plus America is not as progressive as everyone thinks unless you are a White Heterosexual Male

9. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

It's not anti-American, it's the basic truth. The US started off as a secular state but has "evolved" into a state that is heavily influenced by Christianity. You'd be a fool if you failed to recognize this. Thomas Jefferson called for the separation of church and state and George Bush was "commanded by God" when he launched the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. Without that influence, LBGTs could easily have attained equality by now.

Agreed.

10. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

true.... patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and its government when it deserves it. personally i think i have a little more ..... credibility in this reguard. we had no business over there, now we have an obligation. and yes we started as a secular state, but every single one of the founding fathers save ben franklin were all rich,white, slave owning christian males. look a little more into the WHY they left, look into the reason the irish kept fighting for 2 hundred years. they all still went to church, they just wanted the people to be able to chose which one. there is no man beyond reproach in reguards to his personal views effecting his job, its why i am on a site about big dicks talking to people i'll never meet instead of in a uniform in an office speaking another language right now. but i have 14 comidations 2 top tear medals and a service record that got me 2 dozen contracts to just sit at home and play with cool shit, my point is, was i a bad soilder for refusing to do something? and if i was, dose it make me a good man? right and wrong in the line of duty are as clear as looking through a maryland fog.

controlppt... i didn't say america was better i said the world sees us as being so much better it's like we are a seperate race, i have seen it in many places, as far as MOST of the world is concerned, america is 4 places new york city on the right, l.a/hollywood on the left, everything in between is the wild west and washing D.c is floating around there some where. its just how we're seen, i didn't say it's better, but then again, you don't see to many people tieing them selves to rafts made of tires in shark infested waters to get to canada....... so i guess we must be doing SOMETHING right

11. controlppt

controlppt New Member

axlx2009: Though I agree what you are saying and know where you are coming from, I think your example of "you don't see to many people tieing them selves to rafts made of tires in shark infested waters to get to canada....... so i guess we must be doing SOMETHING right" is a little weak in supporting your argument. Of course people are not tying themselves to rafts because there are no body of water in between Canada and the U.S., thus a lot easier to cross ( by no means am i saying an abundant of people go to Canada). I am just saying that yes we do have more "freedom" than other people in the world, but I want you too look as to who is this freedom is give to so easily, and which group of people have to FIGHT really HARD to earn such freedoms.

12. Dr. Algonquin

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The waters too cold up there. Besides, where could Canada get rafties from anyway, Greenland? :biggrin1:

13. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

The majority of the founding fathers were Episcopalians (Religion of the Founding Fathers of America). Though it is a Christian demonination, the Episcopal church differs from other religions in that it calls for the full civil equality of gay men and lesbians. So they may have been rich, christian, white males but they seemed to have the best interests of the people in mind.
    For the record, Toronto recently surpassed Miami as the city with the highest population of foreign-born citizens (more variety too; whereas Miami's foreign-born population consisted of a majority of Cubans and latin americans, Toronto's foreign-born population is not dominated by any particular foreign group). TheStar.com | GTA | A city of unmatched diversity

And according to Canada's Immigration Program (October 2004), Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world. So, we get our fair share of immigrants.
    Some cold water would do you some good. Bring that penis down to human proportions :wink:.

14. Dr. Algonquin

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wanted to move to Canada once. Mostly due to watching Bowling for Columbine, Degrassi, and Edgemont. LOL

15. BIGman#1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    they partially are getting their wishes in the USA soon. the legislation is trying to pass a hate crimes act. it is sad because it will actually speak up for pedophiles. the act says that anyone who even rejects an advance especially straight people can be put in jail for up to 10 years. if a mother shields her child from a pedophile instead of letting the person mess with her child the mother can be put in jail for a "hate crime". what the hell id the world coming to? we cant even protect the child from predators anymore. :mad:

16. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your SOURCE for such bogus information?

Homosexual doesn't mean pedophile.

17. BIGman#1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i didn't say homosexuals are pedophiles i said pedophiles are covered under the hate crime act. and it is the Matthew Shepard hate crimes prevention act S.909. when combined with existing law, this bill could have a chilling effect on free speech. a person can be charged for a hate crime for simply resisting the actions or advances ofa homosexual.

check out this: Bill to Expand Federal Hate Crime Laws

18. worshipyourcock

19. hud01

Gold Member

Same crap that was thrown around with same sex marriage in Cali.

20. hud01

Gold Member

It would help to reference the original post. If you are talking about same sex marriage or civil unions, what you are talking about is apples to oranges.

Draft saved Draft deleted