Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So true...I honestly don't give a damn who someone else sleeps with and I don't see them need to tell everyone who I sleep with. I can't see why the military is so damn hung up on this issue. I also can't see why so many gays think that every guy who likes to get it on with someone of the same sex needs to come out and tell everyone they are gay, march in pride parades, vote democrat, support gay marriage, and plaster rainbow and Human Rights Campaign stickers on the back window of their cars. LOL

I agree partly with you, I don't think its necessary to reveal intimate details of ones personal life with all and sundry "although that being said bare in mind a vast majority of heterosexual men and women do exactly this without any thought and if its ok for them it should be ok for homosexuals too"

However i do think that if you are a gay/bisexual identifying man some thought should be given to how you as a person actively pursue your rights to live the lifestyle you choose without being made to feel inadequate, socially unacceptable or outcast.

Gay right in the military is not really an issue here in Australia because our anti discrimination laws are applicable to the military as well...... that being said i think a lot of gay Australians have forgotten that our anti discrimination laws are in place because a group of people got together one day and marched through Sydney city advocating gay rights.

To many in the heterosexual world and sadly a lot of homosexual people as well mardi gras is seen as gay people flaunting our sexuality.

What few people realise is that mardi gras is a celebration of our winning some basic human rights and a dedication to our commitment to keep fighting for more rights untill we have the same rights as every-one else.

How is this applicable to gay right in the military...... well i cant be sure but i think we have a gay military float for mardi gras i know we have a gay police float dedicated to the gay men and women in the police force

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I found this to be quite interesting. It's from a military website:
Welcome to Task Force Mountain

This is the official website for news and information from the United States Army's 10th Mountain Division and it's organic brigades, deployed almost continuously in overseas contingency operations in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001. Climb to Glory!

Here is a discussion thread on the site regarding the repeal of DADT. I found it as a link on Andrew Sullivan's blog and he describes it thusly:
And with more maturity, practicality and civility than the civilian culture-warriors. Here's an open forum worth reading. We so often under-estimate just how smart and adult US servicemembers are - far more so than cranky old senators like one John McCain.

And now the discussion:
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell"