Gays in the Military?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well, as long as you ask

could go either way on the issue

the military has a specific function and duty, so it is logical to restrict membership to those who can perform, as opposed to some ideological requirement that it represent the make-up of the nation

on the other hand, openly gay members may be able to serve without adverse consequence

more important issues obtain, I feel

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm going to change my position

I just read:

"...
We raced to the Kansas City airport. When we arrived at the hospital, Barry was clinging to life. His face was unrecognizable. Contrary to what the colonel had said on the telephone, Barry had not been kicked in the head by the other soldier. He had been beaten with a baseball bat as he slept in the barracks. The doctor said he had irreparable brain damage and recovery was unlikely.
Barry had been a victim of constant, vicious harassment after another soldier -- one of two involved in his murder -- started a rumor that he was gay. .."
The Buzz Room :: Gay Christian Fellowship
Had it not been for DADT, this and similar incidents would never have happened

southernguy705

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people just make this more complex that it has to be.

Have all the Lesbians bunk with the guys since they have no sexual desired for them and the gay guys get to bunk with the gals. The Bisexuals can bunk together cause they don't care either way.

Now was that so hard?

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nobody thinks the Israeli Defense Force are less than crack soldiers.
They openly accept gays.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good call, Mandoman!
Having served in the US Army from the early 80's until the late 90's, I interacted with gay and lesbian soldiers who had to remain closeted, and I feel that they were ostracized because of their orientation.
I think that DRAMATICALLY cut down on both Combat Readinessand Effectiveness.
Personally, I support ANYONE who wants to serve their country... Don't Ask Don't Tell was a farce, and I hope they scrap it !

chefgreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As long as they do there job I could care less. I have a friend that is a gay and he is one of the best fighters I know.

engorged

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
how to answer this.

Ok. I will put it this wat.

Gays in the miliatry is just a bullshit argment mounted by bigots for more power.

Knowing from my father and nephew who have fought in both Vietnam and Afghanistan with your US duty, your on the ground men and women are sure in need of some far more enlightened command.

They fill their heads full of bullshit.
The fact that these guys dont like gays, is just one of many ways these old farts pepetuate their stranglehold.

I will refrain from describing what my dad and nephews have said. Of course, these could be exceptions.

zpacifico

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it is mostly the general acceptance of gay population, that is the problem. one can imagine the conversations between guys talking about their plans for the weekend and one of them says: "me and my boyfriend are going to..."
when none of the straight guys make any wtf reaction and just continue talking then we can talk about having it OK
I am lucky to live in the country where those problems were solved in the last century.