Gender Fluid-ers, just say that you're Bi

GS_PL

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to love all kinds of reality shows when I was younger. There have been a few that were a dreadful bore, because the outcome was far too predictable with a stand-out front-runner. Fantasia with American Idol, Josh Blue with Last Comic Standing, and Nyle DiMarco from America's Next Top Model, who was the first "celebrity" I remember coining his sexuality as being gender fluid.

Why the avoidance of being proud to be bisexual? Isn't it a bigger turn-off to want to have people relentlessly guessing who you're more fluid with? It seems that whenever there's a game show where bisexuals are on to pick a mate ("Baggage", "Dating Game", etc.) the person doing the choosing almost always picks the person of the same gender as them.

I beat this opinion like a dead horse, but it would essentially be so nice to live in a day and age where nobody gave a damn what sexual orientation anyone has - me included, a self-admitted hypocrite for making this post in the first place!

• Wow
Reactions: deleted3155011

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Some aren't bisexual. For example several years ago I had a fling with a cute Navaho named Joe. He was "two spirited" sometimes male sometimes female but only interested in men.

Reactions: Sherwood D. Likelym

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can get on the bi pride sentiment but I can't say I agree with the rest of the post: bi is about sexuality and the other is about gender: I am bisexuality, but not gender fluid (my gender is male and in my mind it never flows or shifts to anything else): I expect gender fluid folks consider themselves male and/or female at any given time (hence fluid), but not necessarily gay, straight, or bi in relation to where their gender sense is at any given time.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Because they're totally unrelated factors of a person's being. Gender identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

A genderfluid person might sometimes view themselves as a woman, sometimes as a man or sometimes perhaps as neither. A bisexual person is someone who's attracted to both men and women. They're completely unrelated concepts.

BubbleButtHungBoy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Because they're totally unrelated factors of a person's being. Gender identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

A genderfluid person might sometimes view themselves as a woman, sometimes as a man or sometimes perhaps as neither. A bisexual person is someone who's attracted to both men and women. They're completely unrelated concepts.
Stop it, just stop it, your sex and gender are directly based on what organs you were born with, your DNA will forever tell what you are, you can't be neither a man or woman, you're one or the other, wether from birth or from being under the scalpel, people are really sick and tired of that LGBTQ bs nonsense.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stop it, just stop it, your sex and gender are directly based on what organs you were born with, your DNA will forever tell what you are, you can't be neither a man or woman, you're one or the other, wether from birth or from being under the scalpel, people are really sick and tired of that LGBTQ bs nonsense.
What are you telling me to stop? Saying that gender fluid people exist? Well, they do. I can't claim to relate to what that experience is like, but I respect their experiences being different from mine. There have been countless examples of non-binary genders throughout human cultural history all over the world. And frankly their existence doesn't harm anyone, so why are you getting so weirdly heated about this?

There isn't even a sex binary (intersex people are real), so why on earth would there be a gender binary? Your viewpoint seems in lockstep with the religious right on this one.

D

deleted5199391

Actually, this isn't true. First of all, social genders are not biologycal genders.
How you can describe men or women with features that aren't relative?
And more, biologycal genders are categories defined by convention.
The scientific community decided that there are 2 genders, but they could be more.
There are intergender fenotypes, and also genetical conditions that can give you xy cromosomes and the full anatomy of a female, for example.

And when a person stop to be male? What if you remove the physical features that define a male?
The same could be said for a biologycal being vs a cyborg.
Everything is a convention, and the reality can be too complex to be defined by them.

Another example. I know that science classifies me as male. Never checked cromosomes since I don't have health issues. Whatever.
I refuse any gender classification. I am not mad because people assume I am a man (not the same thing as male), but this has no meaning for me.
It's like calling me a kgfjdkfnawackk.
Ok. Move on.
Social genders are meaningless to me.

Reactions: LPSG Simon