General Peter Pace speaks...

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
It interests me how people can go crazy over General Peter Pace types yet remain all multicultural and diverse and understanding regarding the 'opinions' of Islam.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is a fundamental lack of understanding on both sides, and to resort to personal insults and attacks is not going to solve anything.

I don't think that I as a gay man misunderstand Don't Ask Don't Tell or any of the intense homophobia inherent in all our military institutions.

Its a fucking slap in the face to all gay men and women who have and do still serve to treat them like second class soldiers--good enough to die but not good enough to die so proudly in the out and open with who they truly are.

Some of those gay veterans are members of this site.

Fuck anyone who thinks us fags and dykes should be quiet about people's ignorant attitudes towards us.

FUCK THAT NOISE.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This topic is making me angry, so I will leave it at only this:

There is a fundamental lack of understanding on both sides, and to resort to personal insults and attacks is not going to solve anything.

Who's trying to solve anything? I have no expectation of anyone changing, but some FUCKTARD just came on to a gay-friendly site with homophobic bile, and he's getting blasted.

When I go to someone's church and tell them how stupid it is to believe in God, I'll expect the same reception. No, there is NOT a fundamental lack of understanding on both sides, there isn't anything close. If someone doesn't happen to feel that gay people deserve equal rights, then apparently they are not equal citizens. If someone feels free to express that opinion, here, then they are that most delicious combination of arrogant and stupid. I honestly don't give a fuck how anyone feels about me saying so either.

Having the right to speak your mind does not protect one from recriminations. If he'd have said "Nigger, nigger, nigger!" would we be having the same conversation? NO, we would not. However, he said "Faggot, faggot, faggot" and that's supposed to be just stating an opinion.

Nigga, please.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You could have at least cut the "Thnx, Mgmt" part off of the end. I would have taken it more personal if I knew it came straight from you and not just a convenient cut and paste.:biggrin1:

I wrote that for the people I love, you weren't even worth editing out the broken links for.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Having the right to speak your mind does not protect one from recriminations. If he'd have said "Nigger, nigger, nigger!" would we be having the same conversation? NO, we would not. However, he said "Faggot, faggot, faggot" and that's supposed to be just stating an opinion.

Nigga, please.

Having been called BOTH--I take equal exception to both.

and fuck anyone who thinks either is acceptable.

Bitch, PLEASE. Nigga, too.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Having been called BOTH--I take equal exception to both.

and fuck anyone who thinks either is acceptable.

Bitch, PLEASE. Nigga, too.

Can I be yo' nigga bitch?

Unfortunately, some people are so aggressively stupid that they will defend discriminating against gays with the same fucking arguments that were used against blacks. Stupid, stupid, stupid, and wrong. Anyone with the smallest shread of decency would be ashamed to discount their fellow man by the nature of his/her birth.

Wait for someone to DO something before you decide they aren't of equal worth as a human being. To deny others rights which you yourself enjoy is egotistical and self-serving. I have no interest in placating anyone like that- in fact, I'm going to go take a shower.

TLCTugger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
GET OFF THIS BOARD and send your raves to Comments@Whitehouse.gov

I sent:
- - - - -
While I fully support General Pace's right to hold intolerant views and to express them, those views disqualify him from a position of leadership.

When it comes to bigotry, we must have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Since he told, we have no choice - General Pace must go. We can't give the impression we harbor bigots at the highest levels of leadership.

-Ron Low

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know what... he's right... Peter Pace is right.

Homosexuality is "immoral" and as such, any known homosexual should be removed from the millitary.

Divorce is "immoral" and as such, any known divorcee should be removed from the millitary.

Adultury is "immoral" and as such, any known adulturer should be removed from the millitary.

Pre-marital sex is "immoral" and as such, anyone known to engage in it should be removed from the millitary.

Lying is "immoral" and as such, anyone who is known to have told a lie should be removed from the millitary.

Taking "god's" name in vain is "immoral" and as such, anyone who uses curse words should be removed from the millitary.

Come to think of it, there isn't much in this world that ISN'T "immoral" so all who are employed by the millitary should be relieved of their duties, RIGHT NOW.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can I be yo' nigga bitch?

Yes, bitch.

Nigga please.

Now go cook me some dinner and make me a outfit, HO!!

Unfortunately, some people are so aggressively stupid that they will defend discriminating against gays with the same fucking arguments that were used against blacks. Stupid, stupid, stupid, and wrong. Anyone with the smallest shread of decency would be ashamed to discount their fellow man by the nature of his/her birth...

The SAME exact arguments that were used against WOMEN before they were used against Blacks.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You know what... he's right... Peter Pace is right.

Homosexuality is "immoral" and as such, any known homosexual should be removed from the millitary.

Divorce is "immoral" and as such, any known divorcee should be removed from the millitary.

Adultury is "immoral" and as such, any known adulturer should be removed from the millitary.

Pre-marital sex is "immoral" and as such, anyone known to engage in it should be removed from the millitary.

Lying is "immoral" and as such, anyone who is known to have told a lie should be removed from the millitary.

Taking "god's" name in vain is "immoral" and as such, anyone who uses curse words should be removed from the millitary.

Come to think of it, there isn't much in this world that ISN'T "immoral" so all who are employed by the millitary should be relieved of their duties, RIGHT NOW.

An Army of ONE, indeed.

Cuz that is all that would be left.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've read here again the reference to the "Gay Agenda".

It seems that yet again, mine must have been lost in the mail, and instead they seem to be sending it to the straight people instead of the gay people.

Can someone please send me a copy because I'm still confused as to what my agenda is supposed to be.

Thanks so much,
Rubberwilli, the gay gay gay guy.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is the U.S. where each of us is entitled to our own opinions. He clearly stated that was his opinion.

He is indeed entitled to his personal opinion. We all are.

Pace was uttering his personal opinion on government property while on duty, in uniform, speaking as chairman of the JCS. Is that the appropriate place and time for high military leaders to express personal opinion?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He is indeed entitled to his personal opinion. We all are.

Pace was uttering his personal opinion on government property while on duty, in uniform, speaking as chairman of the JCS. Is that the appropriate place and time for high military leaders to express personal opinion?

The devil, as they say, is in the details. But why let that stop us from supporting him, right?

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
An Army of ONE, indeed.

Cuz that is all that would be left.

Actually we realized that's all that would be left in the Army, so we changed the new slogan to "Army Strong" several months ago. YouTube - Army Strong (on a total sidenote, I get chills everytime I watch the ad...)

As a military member, I really don't give a shit if you eat pussy, suck dick, whatever. I'm more concerned about how you do your job - what a crazy concept, I know! Sexuality has no place in the work environment. Do what you want off-duty, in the privacy of your own home.

My prediction is that in about 10 years, and "don't ask, don't tell" will be a thing of the past.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The devil, as they say, is in the details. But why let that stop us from supporting him, right?

I don't support his views or the manner in which he expressed them, Lex. I was just being sarcastic (and failing it seems). Pace is entitled to his opinion but I think it unprofessional for a senior military leader to use the notoriety that comes with rank as a soapbox for personal views. If he wants to do that, let him quit the military and run for elected office.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
While it is too little, too late, by 5:00 pm today Gen. Pace has already begun singing a different tune. See CNN's story for details here.

As for the gay agenda, if it includes getting rid of the ridiculous "don't ask, don't tell" policy, I'm all for it! (If it includes helping Peter Pace move on to other "career opportunities" I'd be even more satisfied.) I'm not quite sure when working for equal human rights became a specifically gay agenda, but I sure am glad to hear that it is becoming ubiquitous.

I hope RideRocket (two posts up) is right that the policy is on its way out, but ten years seems a long time to wait. I hope we'll see change on this, and many other military policies, in shorter order. Like with the next election.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't support his views or the manner in which he expressed them, Lex. I was just being sarcastic (and failing it seems). Pace is entitled to his opinion but I think it unprofessional for a senior military leader to use the notoriety that comes with rank as a soapbox for personal views. If he wants to do that, let him quit the military and run for elected office.

I understood what you were going for and my sarcasm, it seems, missed the mark as well. It's all good (between you and I).

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While it is too little, too late, by 5:00 pm today Gen. Pace has already begun singing a different tune. See CNN's story for details here.

Anyone who knows even a minimal amount about psychology knows that the things we find most objectionable are ALWAYS the things we fear most in ourselves.

Definition of homophobe- so afraid of gays you probably are.

As for the gay agenda, if it includes getting rid of the ridiculous "don't ask, don't tell" policy, I'm all for it! (If it includes helping Peter Pace move on to other "career opportunities" I'd be even more satisfied.) I'm not quite sure when working for equal human rights became a specifically gay agenda, but I sure am glad to hear that it is becoming ubiquitous.

We've become accustomed to human rights issues really being Women's Issues (haha, they should ceck in here). Of course, I can already see the next step of the wingnuts will be to attack the character of gay men by feminising the issue of equal rights. Their tactics are never very imaginative.:rolleyes:

I hope RideRocket (two posts up) is right that the policy is on its way out, but ten years seems a long time to wait. I hope we'll see change on this, and many other military policies, in shorter order. Like with the next election.

Don't hold your breath. While I understand the frustration of gay people, particulatly men, to have this issue addressed immediately, social opinion moves much slower. Most people need support from what they perceive to be the majority before they feel they have "permission" to change their minds about something.

As long as the majority of our political and religious leaders are saying homosexuality is a sin, wrong, immoral, illegal or whatthefuckever, the hope of immediate change is slim. There's a lot of damage control to do, just to get back to where we were in 1999.

I really despise how people feel free to use a religion whose main tenet is love being used for hatred.