General question

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Stockton Stiffye, May 24, 2009.

1. D_Stockton Stiffye

D_Stockton Stiffye Account Disabled

How many people actually talk to the ones in their friends list? Me personally I only have 6 in people in mine and only one I talk to on a regular basis if we catch each other online at the same time. Not that I'm complaining but I've left vistor messages on some of the others and have never gotten a response. Has that happened to anyone else.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

You have to give people the benefit of the doubt at times. There are many people who collect friends not knowing quality vs quantity. On the other hand go to their profile page and check their activity. I have a professional rule of thumb....I return all calls, e-mails and PM's within in 24 hours if I'm in the country or on line. If someone blows you off.. break the friendship. Friends don't blow off friends!

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I talk to very few of the people on my friends list with any regularity, but I also think that a lot of people added specifically because I'm a moderator, and they wanted a quick and easy way to find out if there were any mods online. I'm not offended. :tongue:

4. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Are you sure about that nudey?
    I try to keep in touch with most of the people on my friends lists.
    I don't accept people/guys who are just collecting women though
    or have no men on their lists.
    C.B.:saevil:

5. chicagosam

Gold Member

I decided not to do a friends list for the time being. I know who my friends are. If someone wants to be a friend or communicate with me, the PM function works nicely. I will be extremely busy through June 5th but will eventually get back to responding in a more timely fashion.

6. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tend to keep my list down to people I speak to fairly frequently or have spoken to in the past. No point having people I hardly know on here.

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Sam will you be my friend? ;)

I don't talk to anyone accept my boyfriend on my friends list, and I have over 200 friends. People add me, I accept.

8. DGirl

Gold Member

I am gonna break some of the so called FRIENDS on my list because of this thread.
    Because, I don't even chat with more than half of them. Why let them be on my list? When they don't ever leave messages or even chat with me?
    THANK YOU!!!

9. chicagosam

Gold Member

Of course, my sweet. If memory serves correct, I hosted your wedding online a few years back, and have acknowledged quite a few events and achievements in your life regardless of whether I was here or not. I think that makes me a friend.:smile:

10. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't accept blind friend requests ... all my "friends" are people I've chatted with at least once. Obviously I don't keep in touch with all of them regularly, but all are people I'll gladly talk to if I see them online. I do periodically pare the list down, removing people I haven't seen in a long time.

Steve

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I know love, I was simply joking :) You are one of the only people on here I've kept in contact with.

12. chicagosam

Gold Member

I'm a lucky man.:smile:

13. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

I think I only have three on my list, one of whom I talk with fairly regularly. Overall, I don't pay too much attention to the list. Maybe I should start taking it more seriously.

14. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Friend list, people you like talk to frequently, know something about, admire their posts. Friendship is a 2way connection :smile:

Contact list, all those ppl who you like but are too shy to say anything to, people who you want to see if they are online so you might get to flirt with them, the OMG you're so hot but we have nothing in common. A contact is a 1 way connection.

My friendlist is rather wee, my stalk list is FREAKIN HUGE :yikes:

15. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    OOoops :redface: I meant my CONTACT list is FREAKIN HUGE :redface:
    (I guess you know now what I use my contact list as... The I'd do ya list :biggrin:)

Draft saved Draft deleted