Genetically-engineered penis

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement' started by Imported, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

sudas: It may one day be possible to modify the genes of a sperm, egg, or embryo so that defects like cystic fibrosis are replaced by normal genes. The movie GATACA takes this idea to extreme, and says one's motivation may override gene predestination.

Well, if you're going to do that for disease, followed perhaps by intelligence or physical characteristics, how about penis size and shape?

Maybe you borrow penis genes from someone you know, or contributions from a gene-bank. Those who doubt there are 14-17" ones out there would be the first in line to buy. As you may know, we can even mix genes from different plants and animals. Perhaps you could give your son a dog's penis. Hung like a horse could mean that literally. First a big dick, then a big dickhead, then a dog's knot. While your at it, how about the partially-prehensile penis of a dolphin's?

We're at the point in civilization that many defects, like near-sightedness, can be overcome by technology and are not selected against by evolution. Large penis genes could be selected for as men and women opt to encourage this in their offspring and by "artificial" social preference have it perpetuate itself through the gene pool.

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Wouldn't we also have to cross-engineer to change the size of the average vagina, too....

Think about it - if there are suddenly enough men with 10+" x 8+" dicks running around there are going to be a lot of women in pain, I'd think...

I'd imagine, IMHO, that gene splicing and replication of the type you describe is probably going to be reality LONG after I depart this Earth...if ever...there's so many ethical issues to work out within it.

7x6&C

3. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I've wondered about this in terms of a 'Scruples' type question before. It's the near-future--you and your partner go to the doctor to get your genetically engineered baby. The doctor says, "What sex do you want?"

"Male," you answer.

"Eye color?"

"Brown."

"Hair color?"

etc etc. Until she says, "Okay, since you specified male I have to ask you, what size would you like his manhood to be?"

I'd be interested to know what people would answer and why? If you're male would you choose for your son to be bigger than yourself? Smaller? Same size? If you're male or female would you choose for your son to be 4", 6", 8", 12", 14"? Or would you just say to the doc, "Surprise me."

4. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I'd say surprise me.

Which makes you think...perhaps genetics isn't THAT bad of a thing after all... hmmm...

7x6&C

5. Imported

Gold Member

sudas: A penis that by adulthood can only get 2" long is not a surprise I'd like to have. Nor is having a baby of indeterminate genitals, where they can't say when born if it is a boy or a girl.

6. Imported

Gold Member

Ineligible: Jonb has pointed out to me that a problem with eugenics is that nature depends on diversity. It's easy to see how this sort of engineering could easily lead to everyone being much the same. And in a world of large members, having a large member would be considered insufficient.

The world needs us unhung people to make the hung people feel better. :)

7. Imported

Gold Member

Dantesco: [quote author=Ineligible link=board=pe;num=1060987739;start=0#5 date=08/16/03 at 23:55:22]The world needs us unhung people to make the hung people feel better. :)[/quote]

No. The world needs the unhung to remind us hung guys that theres more to life than having a big dick.

8. Imported

Gold Member

Ineligible: What a nice thing to say. :)

9. jonb

Gold Member

What I said exactly was that nature favors variation. Or more simply, that a more diverse population will have some members survive. As medical science wipes out viruses, we'll have fewer sources for mutation, for example.

Speaking of genetic engineering, I saw a penis size reference on Futurama the other day. They were at the sauna, and the girl (whose name I forget, the one with two eyes) said "Hey, Leela, look at what 20th century women had to get by with."

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

[quote author=Dantesco link=board=pe;num=1060987739;start=0#6 date=08/17/03 at 16:38:53]

No. The world needs the unhung to remind us hung guys that theres more to life than having a big dick.
    [/quote]
    It sounds to me like an old GOLDEN GIRLS episode I saw recently when Dorothy and Rose found out that Blanche took them on as tenants so that she wouldn't have competition with the men. Please, we need both. One, the hung to have dreams to apsire for. Two the unhung to remind us to be humble.

11. jasonstarkiller

jasonstarkiller New Member

Genetically-engineered penis-average size ten foot

12. Pyrion

Pyrion New Member

I am sure that in the long run most people wont want to be surprised by nature with their offspring. But since we are talking about the future, genetic modifications might not be needed at birth. I am sure that in let's say 30 years it will be easy to change the body a lot more than today. So maybe things like penis size will become a matter of fashion, changing from year to year.

13. MisterSlave

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find some of the concepts contained in this thread to be short sighted and disturbing. one person's (defect), is another person's blessing. I do not enjoy discussions about "defects", because a certain German Chancelor in the 1930's had similar visions. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat past mistakes.

I do not wish to live in a society were everyone is pointing fingers saying (this) is imperfect or (that) is Imperfect. This gene should be cut. Why? because some of those genes are in our make up for a reason. Perhaps (full figured people) are the reason why the Human species Survived the last Ice age, or years of drought and Famine in pre-historical times.

While gene/Chromosomal therapy is a great idea, the prospects of is use for Eugenics purposes is frightening. That, combined with popular culture's body image competition tendancies is scary. Lets just say for argument's sake that we are able to figure out where in Mapping, certain genes are contained for eyesight and color so that we could correct everyone's vision and pre-determine the eye color of our children with gene-splice. . but there is a "catch" . . Like say, an anaphalxis reaction to seafood and dairy products. Or deficient immune response to bacterial infection. . often times in nature, things are linked and have a domino effect.

I am not saying do not do it, and be negative. . but we should proceed with caution because it my have unforseen consequences, Both Genetic and Societal. Do we really want to add those variables and or limitations on the gene pool for future generations.?? I do not. Our people have gone along this far, without having to tamper with genetic code. . why should we alter it now.

Misterslave.

14. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    An ancient ass thread. Let's just put it this way: it's eleven years later and we haven't even figured out the complete genetics behind height let alone the genetics of particular appendage and organ size. I'm a geneticist--we've got more important shit to figure out than why some guy's pee pee is bigger than your perfectly normal, perfectly functional pee pee.

Draft saved Draft deleted