genital piercings/worth it?please tell me your thoughts?

fantasychick

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hi all.

long story short, ive been think about getting a vch (vertical clitoral hood) piercing as a surprise for my bf for christmas. i was hoping for advice from others who have one or who have a partner who has one. do you like them? does it really increase arousal? guys talking about their own piercings is fine too.

thanks all :)

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have one and I love mine ! Just keep in mind, if you get it for Christmas, you're still going to be healing so you might wanna take it easy. Then again, mine healed super fast so.
It has def increased orgasms for me, but I rarely get aroused just by walking around. The only time I really feel it like that is if I've got tight jeans and no undies on, or when I'm in a straddle stretch for dance class.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hi all.

long story short, ive been think about getting a vch (vertical clitoral hood) piercing as a surprise for my bf for christmas. i was hoping for advice from others who have one or who have a partner who has one. do you like them? does it really increase arousal? guys talking about their own piercings is fine too.

thanks all :)
Really? :confused: Don't you think he'd rather have a blow job or maybe a really nice sweater? :rolleyes: :cool:

fantasychick

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Really? :confused: Don't you think he'd rather have a blow job or maybe a really nice sweater? :rolleyes: :cool:

He'll prob get one of those too lol. I'm think a nice scratchy sweater with a big snowman on it lol *rolls eyes*

thanks serial for your advice :)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, they're worth it, but you MUST find the right piercer. If they don't put it in the right place, you've just wasted your money, and you have to wait a long time for it to heal completely before you can re-pierce in a better spot.

So first, educate yourself. Read ALL ABOUT IT on the internet. There are several sites that get into the details. The more educated you are on the pro's and con's of different piercings, the better you will be able to choose your piercing site and the person to do the piercing.

Second, go into several salons and SPEAK to the piercer. Ask them how many they've done, what "style" they recommend (there are several different piercing styles for female labia), and see how knowledgeable they are. Don't be embarrassed. This is all in a day's work to them.

Third, choose your "hardware" -- if the bar is too long, it's going to get in the way of intercourse. If the ball is too small, it might not put pressure on the right spot -- or worse, it might rip out.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was 7 when I got my ears pierced; and I passed out cold in the jewelry store. :frown1: :redface:Chances of me getting a piercing anyplace else are slim to none.

He'll prob get one of those too lol. I'm think a nice scratchy sweater with a big snowman on it lol *rolls eyes* thanks serial for your advice :)
I was thinking cashmere. I don't do scratchy sweaters for myself or others. :rolleyes:

From what I understand hood piercings can improve and intensify a womans ability to orgasm. I have yet to hear what they do for a man in that regard though. :confused: Some guys find them a visual turn on, some don't. If your guy likes them and you are cool with it I don't see a problem. I would be very choosy about who did it though, as Not_Punny suggested.

Last edited:

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with finding a good piercer...
there is the Association of Professional Piercers...
they have listings of approved piercers near or around you...
also the healing time can very...
especially for genital piercings...
I would take some extra vitamins to boost your immune system & healing processes...
do not put any ointments on the piercing...
let your body naturally defend it...
the piercer should give you a list of approved care products to help the healing...
but it definitely won't be healed by Christmas so be very careful with it...
I would definitely refrain from putting saliva near it for sometime...

fantasychick

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I already have two tattos and lip ring. My bf loves the feel of my piercings(his in the navy so can't get for himself.

Thanks for the link to the piercers assoc. :)

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a very well respected artist in the industry - In Europe and the US - I might be able to help you with some of your questions.

As for Not_Punny's post.. Yes and No. Finding the right arist is very important, and I could not agree more. Remember though, the APP does not nescesarily say anything about the skills of the artist, but does tell you they worked up to high hygiene standards when they were beeing tested. These studio's have to send in monthly spore tests, which they should be able to show you if asked for. Though, without any knowledge of correct studio hygiene and protocols, I do realize results might be hard to read. Do not be afraid to ask for explanation, you are entitled to it.

Next, jewelry. Never settle for anything less than perfect. All jewelry used has to be sterilized and preferably internally threaded. Ask for anatometal, or at least neometal - high quality jewelry might cost more, but heals faster and can be worn lifelong without any problems. This is vital. A lot of studio's will use stainless steel, which contains nickle - always ask for implant grade titanium! This is a lot lighter and anti-allergic. Again, di not settle for anything less. Other acceptable materials are Niobium, 18k gold and lime glass. Silver and most white gold are not (except white gold with paladium - don't be fooled: very hard to find and very expensive).

As far as the internet goes, it doesn't take too much knowledge at hand to know that there is A LOT of bullshit on it. You're better off asking a reputable artist, than reading atricles online from people that think they know better. The internet only has valuable information AFTER you know what to look for!

I don't really get the "diferent types of piercing" when talking about a vch. There are indeed three methods (clamping, NRT and freehand) to excequte it, but all can result in a perfectly placed piercing in the hand of an artist that masters the technique. Placement on a vch is generally quite standard.

It's also is advisable to check on forehand to see if your anatomy suits a vch, seeing not everyone's does for every genital piercing. A q-tip test usually does the trick: try to place the tip op a q-tip underneath the clitoral hood, if you can fit it easially you'll probably are suited for a vch. If not, ask your artist for advice.

Whether it's worth it, is hard to say. When placed correctly most woman find it to be pleasurable. But that does never mean you could not be an exception.. NO artist could give you that garantee.

If you'd need help finding an artist, you could always ask me ofcourse, but I would need an area.. The states are big, hm. Elayne Angel has some good info on vch by the way, you could look that up.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was 7 when I got my ears pierced; and I passed out cold in the jewelry store. :frown1: :redface:Chances of me getting a piercing anyplace else are slim to none.

I was thinking cashmere. I don't do scratchy sweaters for myself or others. :rolleyes:

From what I understand hood piercings can improve and intensify a womans ability to orgasm. I have yet to hear what they do for a man in that regard though. :confused: Some guys find them a visual turn on, some don't. If your guy likes them and you are cool with it I don't see a problem. I would be very choosy about who did it though, as Not_Punny suggested.

I'm not surprised you passed out from a piercing gun. They are terrible. They rip through the skin of your ear forcing it apart, where as a piercing needle is hollow and will more sanitarily (sp) remove a tiny piece of the skin. It heals better and is less barbaric. I always scoff at mall places who pierce with guns.

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I already have two tattos and lip ring. My bf loves the feel of my piercings(his in the navy so can't get for himself.

Thanks for the link to the piercers assoc. :)

You're welcome...
definitely read the page about piercing care & what not...
my piercer was from APP...
in fact she was the president...
she was extremely helpful in the whole process...
especially when I got my nipples pierced long ago (have removed them since)...
wonderful & very skilled piercer...
but she is in Denver, CO at Sol Tribe... an amazing parlor all around!

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not surprised you passed out from a piercing gun. They are terrible. They rip through the skin of your ear forcing it apart, where as a piercing needle is hollow and will more sanitarily (sp) remove a tiny piece of the skin. It heals better and is less barbaric. I always scoff at mall places who pierce with guns.

I love you for knowing that! Piercing guns are vicious, nasty things. They are never sterile, the people handling have never had any reasonable training about propper hygene and sterile techniques (otherwise wouldn't use themin the first place), are done in a contaminated enviroment, the stud causes unnescesairy damage to the tissue, can't accomodate any swelling and don't fit the requirements of quality material they should. I could go on and on, but you probably know. I just wish more people would!

One minor thing would be that piercing needles don't remove tissue though, but only cut a tiny half circle making just enough room for the jewerly to sit and allowing it to breathe. The only 'needle' that does remove tissue is a dermal punch, but is usually most commonly used for microdermals, surface piercing and large gauge cartilage piercing.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love you for knowing that! Piercing guns are vicious, nasty things. They are never sterile, the people handling have never had any reasonable training about propper hygene and sterile techniques (otherwise wouldn't use themin the first place), are done in a contaminated enviroment, the stud causes unnescesairy damage to the tissue, can't accomodate any swelling and don't fit the requirements of quality material they should. I could go on and on, but you probably know. I just wish more people would!

One minor thing would be that piercing needles don't remove tissue though, but only cut a tiny half circle making just enough room for the jewerly to sit and allowing it to breathe. The only 'needle' that does remove tissue is a dermal punch, but is usually most commonly used for microdermals, surface piercing and large gauge cartilage piercing.

Ah ok! I thought they were hollow so they just took a tiny piece out. That's good to know.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I took mine out. It was a pain in the ass. I could never find jewelry that I was happy with. It bugged me when I used my fingers and made too much noise when we used a vibrator. Yes the idea of it is sexy but..as far as the reality of day to day life with metal in your hoo hoo..it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Chantal_Kyrie

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
EEEK THE GUNS!

All my ear piercings (4 flesh, 1 cartilage) were done with guns. The 4 flesh holes still haven't healed, and they're nearly a decade old. The cartilage I took out and let grow in after about 6 months or so...it was infected and caused me so much pain. I've had two facial piercings with needle and haven't had a speck of trouble with them, though I did eventually take one out because I was bored with it. I would NEVER get anything done with a gun, and wouldn't let anybody!
I've been thinking of a vch too, though...

bibblemoo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I think that anything that makes a girl cum easier and/or harder is a very good thing! I know women who have gotten them and love them! Plus, they're fun to play with.;-)

The only other thing I would add is this.. If you're considering it simply because you think he'd like it but aren't really interested yourself... bad plan. However, if you think it's hot and would like to share it with him and surprise him with it, go for it!

Last edited: