genital warts

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by kaczynski, Feb 19, 2009.

1. kaczynski

kaczynski New Member

About a week ago I noticed two small bumps forming on the shaft of my penis. I went to the urologist yesterday and he seemed to think they were warts and had me schedule another appointment in 10 days. This is extremely distressing for me because as far as I can tell the only cause of genital warts is HPV or some other STD...but I've never had any sexual activity. I don't understand how I could have contracted something like this without even being irresponsible or promiscuous....I'm just wondering if there could be some other explanation. The doctor said he didn't think they are skin tags.

2. Smartalk

Gold Member

Definition of a WART: Small lump on skin: a small benign rough lump that grows, usually, on the hands, feet, or genitals, caused by a virus.

It is possible that if you have or have had verruca's on the soles of your feet (a verruca being an inward growing wart due to being under pressure) It is possible having washed your feet in the shower or path then washed your genital you could have spread the virus that way. It is best to get them remove as they are said to be cause of cervical cancer.

Papilloma Virus, Human (HPV), family of viruses that cause warts and have been implicated as possible causes of genital cancers. More than 50 types...

Hope this helps slove how you contracted them

3. squirt

squirt New Member

Albums:
    Of course, that is only a problem if one of your warts turns into a cervix.

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    First of all: HPV can be passed skin-to-skin. It's one virus you really can get by shaking hands.

Second of all: They may be embarrassing but they're not life threatening. Get them treated and you'll be fine.

Third of all: There's so much judgment and shame implied in the words "irresponsible" and "promiscuous"; it doesn't sound like you're emotionally ready for sexual activity yet. At what point is someone "promiscuous"? If s/he has five partners in his/her life, in a year, in a month, in a week or in a day?

You have what can be considered an STD without even having sex. Does that make you "irresponsible"?

5. frankthetank69

frankthetank69 New Member

i'd agree. its serious but not life threatening. most things i have read up on when it comes to hpv or warts especially is they go away over time. getting them treated helps them go away more. it takes time for your bodies immune system to overcome it. but it also never goes away. ive read mixed theorys on it all together.

6. got_lost

Gold Member

A bloke I know thought he had genital warts after finding a couple of small bumps on his shaft and even blamed my friend with whom he'd slept with a month before!

He went to the clinic and turns out they weren't warts at all and due to stress.
    No infection was found whatsoever.

It's likely, if you haven't been promisucous, that this is the same for you, especially if your stress level has increased recently.

Good luck.

7. B_just8inches

B_just8inches New Member

whats the difference between a benign wart passed from your hand to your penis, and an actual genital wart? cause i believe i have a regular wart on my shaft.

and yeah, i dont know what doctor to show this too.. it is embarrassing.

8. Big_Al9_5

Big_Al9_5 New Member

Albums:
    I don't know the difference between the two, (maybe doc Smartalk can answer that) but I do know it is very important to get over your embarrassment and see ANY doctor. ASAP. And if it's no big deal, just think of the peace of mind you'll receive!

9. Hockey Cock

Hockey Cock New Member

Albums:
    I had 3 small bumps show up last week as well. I went to the doctor, and he didn't think they were warts either, however just to be safe he burnt them with dry ice or liquid nitrogen. Let me tell you that hurt like a bugger and now I am scared my cock will have scares.

Not sure how they would have been formed I am always safe, but I have been told I could have gotten them from the sauna! GROSS.

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    A wart is a wart is a wart. If it's on your hands, it's just a wart. If it's on your genitals, it's a genital wart.

Any doctor worth going to will treat you without judgment. But for warts, you're best bet is to see a dermatologist.

11. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Life's full of risks. You need to educated yourself and take the risks you feel comfortable with. It's that way with everything in life.

The skin on your cock will heal just fine. Don't worry about it.

12. D_Peterson Petersgone

This is untrue.. a wart on your hand is a different hpv strain than a genital wart..you can freeze/burn warts off your body with over the counter shit from the drugstore, but NOT genital warts..

from the CDC:
    Genital HPV is passed on through genital contact, most often during vaginal and anal sex. A person can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sex. Most infected persons do not realize they are infected or that they are passing the virus to a sex partner.

REMEMBER: HPV is very common in men and women. Most men with HPV will never develop health problems from it.

Genital warts can be treated with medicine, removed (surgery), or frozen off. Some of these treatments involve a visit to the doctor.

Treating genital warts may not necessarily lower a man’s chances of passing HPV on to his sex partner. Because of this, some men choose not to treat genital warts. If they are not treated, genital warts may go away on their own, stay the same, or grow (in size or number). They will not turn into cancer or threaten your health.

13. B_just8inches

B_just8inches New Member

no, wrong. very wrong. why is a genital wart on someones face.. a genital wart? and why do genital warts, from every picture on the interwebs, look like a festering infected alien... yet the one on my dick looks like the tiny bump that a wart on a hand would be?

14. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    just go to the dr.. stop asking a group of people that may give you the wrong advice. :)

and you're right...warts are different ... not all the same. HOWEVER, I'm sure you can get a genital wart on your face...if you're down eating or sucking someone that has them on their crotch. :)

*I just threw up a lil....

15. _Auron_

_Auron_ Member

I recently found out I have anal warts (which are genital warts in the anal area). Not sure how I got them; have always been safe, and in the past year I've only been sexually active with one person, and he (to our knowledge so far) doesn't have genital warts.

Right now I'm using a topical treatment to treat it which burns for about an hour after I use it, and I've been making sure to take my vitamins everyday and eat a bit healthier so I can fight it off. Most of the time I don't even notice it, but it itches sometimes.

If you can, don't get this STD. It's really annoying and knowing that something like this can easily spread scares the shit out of me. I've read it's the most common STD in the U.S., with hundreds of thousands of new cases each year.

16. Red_Rebel

Red_Rebel Active Member

Albums:
    They usually would cautirize it if hpv wart is suspected so. . . Yah they were probably warts

Draft saved Draft deleted