George Sodini and the dating guru

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No doubt about it, 48 year-old George Sodini was in a serious dating slump. He had not had a girlfriend since 1884 and no sex since July of 1990, but nevertheless the Pittsburgh bachelor appeared to be attempting to rectify this enormous vacuum in his life right up until the final moment he went into an LA Fitness gym and became another U.S. mass murderer. Unlike other killers however, George left a body of work for everyone from journalists to human behavior psychologists to study. There is a blog and this very telling tour of his little 900 sq. ft. brick ranch home with the 2007 Nissan Altima in the driveway: YouTube - How George Pittsburgh Lives

During the tour of his modest home, Sodini's video camera pans across the living room from the 32" flat screen to the matching couch and chair ("they match; the women will really be impressed") and finally to a book on the coffee table. If women were impressed before they should really take note of the Holy Bible of dating called How To Date Young Women: for men over 35 written by R. Don Steele and published by Steel Balls Press. The name is merely a nom de plum for author John White who lives in Whittier, California, a stones throw away from Octo-Mom Nadya Suleman- not that there is anything but a geographic coincidence. As a reviewer of his book points out, this man born before Pearl Harbor was attacked is now in the business of telling desperate men, who may have had problems connecting with women since their first wet dream, the most effective methods to bag the babes. White/Steele is so locked into a woman's psychology that he has been married three times.

A perusal of White/Steele's videos on youtube shows a senior citizen not unlike the eccentric, wacky old uncle that always shows up on every holiday, gets drunk and proceeds to tell the entire extended family about the gang of Girl Scouts who abused his body in a Las Vegas hotel room. Alternately sipping beers and burping on-camera as he dispenses invaluable words of wisdom from his 224 page book- "rule one: thou shalt not stare at her tits or ass"- White/Steele cements his legend among the crowd of forty and fifty-somethings who's mother won't let them drive as the man in the Progressive Insurance commercial ad laments. Unfortunately there is no real evidence if White/Steele at age 69 can live up to his name or braggadocio. Moreover, if George Sodini had gone to real group therapy instead of attending one of White/Steele's dating seminars three women may be living today.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What scares me about this particular psycho killer is that I have chatted with at least a half dozen men on this site who parallel George Sodini in many ways.
  • average to good looking
  • nice body, from working out regularly
  • educated
  • decent job
  • own their home, or at least rent someplace decent
  • have a car or truck
  • rarely, if ever date
  • blames parents or older siblimgs for lack of dating/social skills
  • seeks out 'dating guru' books or watches the 'Pickup Artist' religiously.
Apparently the men I thought were just geeks, nerds, or socially retarded have the potential to be mass murderers. :yikes:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NJ you left off one of the most crucial components...Whack job!
I don't really think any of the qualities you listed would describe someone who could commit a horrible crime like this unless you factor in that the blame and self-help issues become obsessive-compulsive.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No doubt about it, 48 year-old George Sodini was in a serious dating slump. He had not had a girlfriend since 1884 and no sex since July of 1990

George Sodini may have been in a serious dating slump but he scored more recently than 1884. I initially began the post as a more light-hearted piece, than realized the gravity of his mass shooting and subsequently failed to correct the exaggerated date. :oops:

Alternately sipping beers and burping on-camera as he dispenses invaluable words of wisdom from his 224 page book- "rule one: thou shalt not stare at her tits or ass"- White/Steele cements his legend among the crowd of forty and fifty-somethings who's mother won't let them drive as the man in the Progressive Insurance commercial ad laments.

For everyone who hasn't seen the Progressive Insurance ad, here it is. You must agree there are guys like this. Hopefully they don't become George Sodini. YouTube - Progressive Insurance Commercial - Take a Tour with Flo

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really think any of the qualities you listed would describe someone who could commit a horrible crime like this unless you factor in that the blame and self-help issues become obsessive-compulsive.
Darling you're a mod. You know full well just how many of the people here are whack jobs. :biggrin1:As for being OCD I think many have it to a small degree. I know I do. But out of a membership of what? About 500,000 . . . I would not be surprised to find out there were 2 or 3 psychopathic killers amongst us.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yeah, definitely a whack job!

George Sodini may have been in a serious dating slump but he scored more recently than 1884. I initially began the post as a more light-hearted piece, than realized the gravity of his mass shooting and subsequently failed to correct the exaggerated date. :oops:

For everyone who hasn't seen the Progressive Insurance ad, here it is. You must agree there are guys like this. Hopefully they don't become George Sodini. YouTube - Progressive Insurance Commercial - Take a Tour with Flo

Haha.. I think they meant 1984!

That's a scary thought, now - that there are real guys like the one in the Progressive Insurance ad!

As for George Sodini, hmm... maybe he couldn't get a date because he HATED WOMEN??? Just a thought...