Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone has to see this:

As for the bill itself, here is part of a report from the New York Daily News:

The Tennessee Senate passed a bill on Friday that would bar teachers from discussing homosexuality with elementary and middle school students.

Under the legislation, dubbed by critics as the "don't say gay" bill, any instruction in public classrooms will be "limited exclusively to age-appropriate natural human reproduction science."

Republican Stacey Campfield, the bill's sponsor, says "homosexuals don't naturally reproduce" and has argued families should decide when its appropriate to talk with their children about homosexuality.

But gay rights activists are blasting the legislation, which passed 6-3, as a form of discrimination.

It "limits what teachers and students are able to discuss in the classroom," Ben Byers of the Tennessee Equality Project told LBGTQ Nation. "It means they can't talk about gay issues or sexuality even with students who may be gay or have gay family."

It's unlikely that the bill will be taken up by the House before lawmakers adjourn this spring, but Campfield said he would push it forward in 2012.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's hilarious! Someone has to speak up everytime the bible belt gets some crazy notion on a bill. I don't know what they are thinking half the time.

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's not hilarious. Simple reproductive science is a distinctly different subject from the world of sexual options. I don't want teachers who can barely teach math to step into that area thank you very much. Institutionalizing the indoctrination of children on the subject of homosexuality is no better than making catholic teachings in school mandatory.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At one point I was expecting Takei to say " You can suck my cock", and I don`t know why! :redface:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I actually liked the beginning, and chuckled with the first couple Takei/gay substitutions, but thought it quickly devolved into self-promotion, and turned the issue itself into a bit of a joke, and not in the "this law is ridiculous" way.

Yes, it's good to have a sense of humour, but by the end, it felt that the real issue was a bit trivialized. It is a hilarious vid though.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's not hilarious. Simple reproductive science is a distinctly different subject from the world of sexual options. I don't want teachers who can barely teach math to step into that area thank you very much. Institutionalizing the indoctrination of children on the subject of homosexuality is no better than making catholic teachings in school mandatory.

Religion is a choice, homosexuality isn't... To suggest allowing the discussion of one is the same as allowing the discussion of the other, is quite frankly, beyond moronic.

A child may attend church to gain further education if they feel drawn to a particular faith. It is easily done. It is not so easy to find help and support when you're struggling with your own sexuality and your own school has been told they can't help you.

I think the most important question is... How are these schools to deal with the bullying and other emotional needs of a child, like they do with all other children in need, if they aren't allowed to address the cause of the bullying and/or emotional need?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Gay is a word that needs to be banned in school. It is a word that belittles a boy/man, and brings his masculinity into question. It's an ugly word that is used everywhere: football fields, bars, comedy, etc. I just hate it!

A lot of religious folks want the word banned, not because it is a cruel word, but because they want to show their dislike for homosexuality. There's a big difference there! I want it banned because it is a word of hate (Just imagine the boys who really are gay/bi/curious and are called that every day!).

Every man can suck my big fat bull cock!:biggrin1:"

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Simple reproductive science is a distinctly different subject from the world of sexual options.
True.
I don't want teachers who can barely teach math to step into that area thank you very much.
Not an unreasonable wish. Of course, I'm sure you will also expect sexual education for children to make no mention of heterosexual arrangements, such as dating and marriage, either. It should just be about bodily organs and reproduction. Right?
Institutionalizing the indoctrination of children on the subject of homosexuality is no better than making catholic teachings in school mandatory.
But there you go into Crazy Town, by equating any instruction that acknowledges the fact of diversity of sexual orientation with "indoctrination."

I must be living in a cave, I had no idea he was gay. Amusing video - almost too funny. I thought it was an April Fool's joke or something for a moment.
I guess you never saw him on Family Guy.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

It's very much laughable, considering that we wouldn't even have gay people if people didn't reproduce to begin with. Let's get real here. Minus the political & legislative double talk, all this bill succeeds in doing is demonizing homosexuality and using the image of children to do it.

As if there aren't any LGBT students in our public school system.
As if any of the very instructors that taught you the ABCs and 123s aren't homosexual.

Not a single person can sit here and honestly think there's a teacher out there trying to educate a classroom of children about how to properly have gay sex. That shit does not happen. At the same time, people need to realize that being a LGBT person is not a negative thing that should be frowned upon and that many people who have gone on to do great things in our country (and around the world) just happen to be gay. In history classes starting at the elementary level and going up through high school, we learn about the typical male historical figures and they have no problem mentioning if they had a wife (or multiple wives) and children. That implies heterosexuality yet nobody bats an eyelash at it. Yet if a high school teacher was to teach students about Harvey Milk and mentioned that he was gay, that's wrong? Ultimately, that's homophobia masquerading as education and it's a load of BS.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just so you know, religion is not a choice for many people. Most people are born into a religion and don't know or want to know anything else.

For someone to choose a religion they would have to have to pick a religion when they are an adult (18-21). By that age most people have been going to church or are at least partially affiliated with a certain religion.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just so you know, religion is not a choice for many people. Most people are born into a religion and don't know or want to know anything else.

For someone to choose a religion they would have to have to pick a religion when they are an adult (18-21). By that age most people have been going to church or are at least partially affiliated with a certain religion.
Yes, but they can also change their religion, look at MADONNA! :wink:
(not saying that I would change my sexual orientation even if I had a choice, I am happy with who I am today :wink:)

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's very much laughable, considering that we wouldn't even have gay people if people didn't reproduce to begin with. Let's get real here. Minus the political & legislative double talk, all this bill succeeds in doing is demonizing homosexuality and using the image of children to do it.

As if there aren't any LGBT students in our public school system.
As if any of the very instructors that taught you the ABCs and 123s aren't homosexual.

Not a single person can sit here and honestly think there's a teacher out there trying to educate a classroom of children about how to properly have gay sex. That shit does not happen. At the same time, people need to realize that being a LGBT person is not a negative thing that should be frowned upon and that many people who have gone on to do great things in our country (and around the world) just happen to be gay. In history classes starting at the elementary level and going up through high school, we learn about the typical male historical figures and they have no problem mentioning if they had a wife (or multiple wives) and children. That implies heterosexuality yet nobody bats an eyelash at it. Yet if a high school teacher was to teach students about Harvey Milk and mentioned that he was gay, that's wrong? Ultimately, that's homophobia masquerading as education and it's a load of BS.

I rather enjoy it when you are voice of reason in some of these threads. You clearly suffer fools more easily than I do. :)

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And again, just my $0.02 but...these mouth breathers always fail to see that, they are the ones making all these little gay babies out there. It's not like we have a fabulous factory somewhere.

Or do we.

sexualnapalm

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, but they can also change their religion, look at MADONNA! :wink:
(not saying that I would change my sexual orientation even if I had a choice, I am happy with who I am today :wink:)

Oh, Luka my squishy, loveable Panda. You're my favorite.

And again, just my $0.02 but...these mouth breathers always fail to see that, they are the ones making all these little gay babies out there. It's not like we have a fabulous factory somewhere.

Or do we.

Duh. That's where all the gays come from!!! The breeders DO NOT have gay children! Please! Gay is a choice! They can FIX YOU! They can make you...un-gay! OKay, I can't even TYPE this without laughing my fucking ass off.

In truth, most of my gay friends would make better parents than my straight friends. I LOVE MY GAYS DAMMIT!!!! They make the world a better place! *HUGS THEM ALL*