George W Bush Pardons Drug Dealers

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
In other news, GWB, both as governor and as president, has pardoned far fewer people than most of his predecessors in either position have done.

I know that this is even more OT, but during his stint as governor of Texas, as the "Texecutioner," there were 155 inmates executed. This is more than any other governorship in history--and these were just the ones that were successful; he pursued many more. Considering his presidency, you have to wonder if he's has an obsession with death.

He's known to be tough on crime, so it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't pardoned many people.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I know that this is even more OT, but during his stint as governor of Texas, as the "Texecutioner," there were 155 inmates executed. This is more than any other governorship in history--and these were just the ones that were successful; he pursued many more. Considering his presidency, you have to wonder if he's has an obsession with death.

He's known to be tough on crime, so it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't pardoned many people.

The Texas governor doesn't have all that much room to issue pardons.

Here's something from the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles:

The governor has the authority to grant clemency upon the written recommendation of a majority of the Board of Pardons and Paroles. Clemency includes full pardons, conditional pardons, pardons based on innocence, commutations of sentence, and emergency medical reprieves. In capital cases, the Board considers applications for commutation of sentence to life in prison and for a reprieve of execution. If the Board recommends clemency in a death penalty case, the governor may grant commutation or reprieve. The governor can also grant a one-time thirty-day reprieve of execution in these cases.

No mention, you'll notice, of any liberty on the governor's part to unilaterally parole anyone.
Anne Richards, Bush's Democrat predecessor as governor and a person of far more liberal sensibility on such matters, never pardoned a single person on death row.

Maybe there's more to it.
How long has HazelGod been on death row?:wink:
Maybe he'll weigh in.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously. Bush's pardons thus far have been just.

Clinton's pardons had a lot of cronyism. I will be surprised if Bush doesn't pardon more people out of cronyism, but for now, he hasn't messed this up.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
How long has HazelGod been on death row?:wink:
Maybe he'll weigh in.
Must... resist...

Seriously. Bush's pardons thus far have been just.

Clinton's pardons had a lot of cronyism. I will be surprised if Bush doesn't pardon more people out of cronyism, but for now, he hasn't messed this up.
Pardoning drug dealers and embezzlers? Meanwhile innocent people like Andrea Yates and Michael Perdue have been serving time. These eleventh hour pardons really rub me the wrong way. I know that all presidents do it--even Nixon just before he was ousted--so maybe there should be some constraints imposed. Even if it's a written explanation as to why they believe that these people should get out of jail or a, say, five person limit.

_Ronald Alan Mohrhoff of Los Angeles, who was convicted for unlawful use of a telephone
Make you wonder...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah Jason.

your AGE tells EVERYTHING about your post.

welcome to you first awareness of a departing administration.

please do your due diligence, and research Mark Rich.

then come a posting, young lad.

carry on with your toys.

Just look what the war criminal has been up to.

President George W. Bush has granted pardons to 14 individuals and commuted the prison sentences of two others convicted of misdeeds ranging from drug offenses to tax evasion, from wildlife violations to bank embezzlement.

_Leslie Owen Collier of Charleston, Mo. She was convicted for unauthorized use of a pesticide and violating the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act.

_Milton Kirk Cordes of Rapid City, S.D. Cordes was convicted of conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act, which prohibits importation into the country of wildlife taken in violation of conservation laws.

_Richard Micheal Culpepper of Mahomet, Ill., who was convicted of making false statements to the federal government.

_Brenda Jean Dolenz-Helmer of Fort Worth, Texas, for reporting or helping cover up a crime.

_Andrew Foster Harley of Falls Church, Va. Harley was convicted of wrongful use and distribution of marijuana and cocaine.

_Obie Gene Helton of Rossville, Ga., whose offense was unauthorized acquisition of food stamps.

_Carey C. Hice Sr. of Travelers Rest, S.C., who was convicted of income tax evasion.

_Geneva Yvonne Hogg of Jacksonville, Fla., convicted of bank embezzlement.

_William Hoyle McCright Jr. of Midland, Texas, who was sentenced for making false entries, books, reports or statements to a bank.

_Paul Julian McCurdy of Sulphur, Okla., who was sentenced for misapplication of bank funds.

_Robert Earl Mohon Jr. of Grant, Ala., who was convicted of conspiracy to distribute marijuana.

_Ronald Alan Mohrhoff of Los Angeles, who was convicted for unlawful use of a telephone in a narcotics felony.

_Daniel Figh Pue III of Conroe, Texas, convicted of illegal treatment, storage and disposal of a hazardous waste without a permit.

_Orion Lynn Vick of White Hall, Ark., who was convicted of aiding and abetting the theft of government property.

Bush also commuted the prison sentences of John Edward Forte of North Brunswick, N.J., and James Russell Harris of Detroit, Mich. Both were convicted of cocaine offenses.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Facing one of the biggest recessions US history as soon as he took office was sure a stroke of luck, huh? In his first two years, with a cooperative Democratic Congress, he set the course for the best economy the US has ever experienced! Even after constant attacks from the Republican congress, Clinton still managed to get the growth of the debt down to 0.32% in his last year in office. By the time W took office, the nation was enjoying unprecedented prosperity. Bush managed to screw that up fairly quickly, while unnecessarily amassing a shocking $4 trillion of debt.

Let’s start here so we have a basis. List what you think Clinton allegedly did to create the economy he enjoyed while in office.

Bullshit. He successfully bombed Al-Qaeda training camps without any invasion.

WTF? This has gotta be the absolute epitome of a liberal-apologist! What’s next, so long as Osama sits off-shore and lobs missiles at Canada he is not invading? Airspace is included with real estate and an incursion of is an invasion of period.

Clinton bombed the shit out of Iraq for four days and he hit a lot more then alleged “Al-Qaeda training camps!” You should research this and come back and I suggest looking onto Saddam claiming Clinton obliterated the building that had the alleged proof he got rid of his WMD as one of the targets. That was one of the reasons he used afterward when he kept blocking access and/or throwing the mandated inspectors out.

Hussein didn't ask America to attack Iraq. He broke a peace agreement with a minor no-fly infraction, which was not punishable by any sort of "attack." You make it sound like this invasion was caused by Hussein and not a president itching for war. Iraq was not hostile toward the US in any way before Bush illegally invaded Iraq.

Bullshit is right! Iraq spent a decade+ reneging one the ceasefire agreement including shooting missiles at our jets in the no-fly zones, blocking inspector access and flat-out throwing them out of the country several times. He also ordered a hit on Bush Sr. while openly offering 25,000 rewards to any family that could get one of their members to strap on a bomb-belt and blow up women & children in our ally Israel. There is more so lets not pretend anymore Saddam was an innocent victim and lets not pretend anymore Clinton didn’t do the same thing Bush did.

This alleged “illegal” invasion of Iraq under Bush included Canada btw so I hope you are not gonna pretend Canada is innocent like you are pretending Clinton is.

There's a difference between spinning and outright lying. You are getting desperate. Who is the real apologist here? Take your Limbaugh™ goggles off and look at this graph:

U.S. National Debt Graph: $10T+

Or this one:

United Stated National Debt

Now tell us how fiscally irresponsible Clinton was! It's actually shocking to see how much of a positive effect Clinton had on the national debt. He continually ran a surplus.

Tax cuts make guys like Bush look like a hero, but they usually just get the nation deeper in debt. At the end of the day, it's the debt that matters; The US can never reach it's full potential while burdened by debt and being owned by other countries.

Spin that!

Btw, why are you now calling it an "attack?" I thought you neocons were insisting that it was a "liberation." You haven't been watching your Fox news enough. Better work on that.

Ummm …. The national debt was $4,188,092,107,183.00 on Clintons first day in office and $5,727,776,738,304.00 on his last for an astounding peacetime net increase of $1,539,684,631,121.00 = what was allegedly "paid down" again? I think you are the one that’s got some spinning too do explaining this and please do a better job then you did trying to make Clinton innocent of invasion or Saddam an alleged Bush victim.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hands down the worst president in u.s. history is George W Bush. Your fawning over him is rather odd. But my guess is you think the democrats are to blame for the state of the us economy.

you say that now, but what will historians (the people that have been around longer than you and who know what hitler was and did) think? you dont know. bush is handing this victory to BO, and BO will say so

Major Mudd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would pay top dollar to see that prick get a fucking beating from the biggest, meanest, motherfucker you could find.
Maybe something along the lines of a Shaquille O' Neal would definitely work for me.
I bet it would sell out, and...
Pay per view would go through the roof too!

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, the bald-eagle killer is certainly a man after Bush's heart. Not to mention Sarah Palin's. In fact, that guy is probably tit-fucking Sarah Palin as we speak.

hahahahah. becauase you buy your meat in a supermarket, youre not hunting, or you're somehow better a person? ha! what about tolerance for those who live by simpler means? people in africa hunt. maybe we should protest that. the bald eagle, not that i like people shooting birds, as ive just adopted a nice bird, is not on any endangered species list, neither is the caribu or moose. But your inference was no doubt saying that bush has killed america or its symbolism in some way, but it was not himself, it was the people who belittled and mocked our POTUS during a time of war. Maybe ill dress in blackface with by children dressed as iranians and pretend to beat them in the streets in 2 years, a-la-rosie odonnels kids photos. But then maybe i'd get arrested for my "peaceful" protest.

What animals wont go extinct? the cow and the chicken, because we eat them. hahaha

You should be a vegan. and if you are, i want to let you know I can hear my tomatoes scream when i pull them from their vines. You know, those plants that take in CO2 and release oxygen?

Sara P is so much hotter than Hillary Cuntin. Dont be mad you bought all of the BO change talk.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
who has been in control of congress with lower approval ratings than bush?

and they were all voted in again.....by the same people who voted in bush and obama

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let’s start here so we have a basis. List what you think Clinton allegedly did to create the economy he enjoyed while in office.

WTF? This has gotta be the absolute epitome of a liberal-apologist! What’s next, so long as Osama sits off-shore and lobs missiles at Canada he is not invading? Airspace is included with real estate and an incursion of is an invasion of period.

Clinton bombed the shit out of Iraq for four days and he hit a lot more then alleged “Al-Qaeda training camps!” You should research this and come back and I suggest looking onto Saddam claiming Clinton obliterated the building that had the alleged proof he got rid of his WMD as one of the targets. That was one of the reasons he used afterward when he kept blocking access and/or throwing the mandated inspectors out.

Bullshit is right! Iraq spent a decade+ reneging one the ceasefire agreement including shooting missiles at our jets in the no-fly zones, blocking inspector access and flat-out throwing them out of the country several times. He also ordered a hit on Bush Sr. while openly offering 25,000 rewards to any family that could get one of their members to strap on a bomb-belt and blow up women & children in our ally Israel. There is more so lets not pretend anymore Saddam was an innocent victim and lets not pretend anymore Clinton didn’t do the same thing Bush did.

This alleged “illegal” invasion of Iraq under Bush included Canada btw so I hope you are not gonna pretend Canada is innocent like you are pretending Clinton is.

Ummm …. The national debt was $4,188,092,107,183.00 on Clintons first day in office and $5,727,776,738,304.00 on his last for an astounding peacetime net increase of $1,539,684,631,121.00 = what was allegedly "paid down" again? I think you are the one that’s got some spinning too do explaining this and please do a better job then you did trying to make Clinton innocent of invasion or Saddam an alleged Bush victim.

clinton was bombing medical factories, and let OBL GET AWAY. eat it.
Salon Newsreal | They bomb pharmacies, don't they?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the bald eagle, not that i like people shooting birds, as ive just adopted a nice bird, is not on any endangered species list

Wrong.

As per usual, another Bush apologist talking out his ass without benefit of the facts:

The US Dept of the Interior said:

Laws Regulating Native North American Raptors

• Migratory Bird Treaty Act - 1918 - This was one of the earliest laws passed to protect wildlife in the United States. This law was initially an international treaty between the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, and has now been amended to include Great Britain and Japan. The Act prohibits anyone from taking, killing, or keeping any native bird, its parts, or its nest, without a permit or license. ALL raptors native to the U.S. are covered by this law.
  • Bald Eagle Act - 1940 - Congress passed this act in response to the slaughter of eagles during the first half of the twentieth century, and because of the special status bald eagles hold as our national symbol. This law protects both bald eagles and golden eagles, their nests, and nest trees. It specifically prohibits anyone from killing or disturbing either species.
  • Endangered Species Act (ESA) - 1973 - This act provides additional protection for any animal listed as "threatened" or "endangered." As of January 2002, the raptors listed under the ESA include the bald eagle, spotted owl, California condor, peregrine falcon, and snail kite.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
And when someone tells me "air strike" is that same as "invasion", they do not do the arguments they are trying to set up and settle any favors. If you misconstrue the language, you are losing ground as a presenter of logic.

Present me with facts and stop with the verbal misconceptions.

While the bald eagle certainly is not down to dwindling numbers like the California Condor, it remains one of those of interest, because the habitats they favor are vanishing. They are fishers. The lakes and streams and marshes have been settle on and drained and poisoned.

Much more so for The Whooping Crane.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
And when someone tells me "air strike" is that same as "invasion", they do not do the arguments they are trying to set up and settle any favors. If you misconstrue the language, you are losing ground as a presenter of logic.

Present me with facts and stop with the verbal misconceptions.
Claiming that his definition was right and that two separate dictionary definitions were wrong was beyond pompous. I really wonder where these people get the nerve.

I'm not even going to reply to his nonsense thread. He's not here to defend himself (or his bogus claims). He said his "goodbye" this morning.

And yet he he logged in just an hour ago. Hmmmm

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
I wouldn't be surprised if those drug dealers told him they would give him a discount after he leaves office on all future purchases.

B_allthebest

Just Browsing
Media
I bring this up a bit:

Bill Clinton--a count of perjury for a blow job, which as far as I'm concerned was a private matter.

Perjury in a sexual harrassment law suit, not private.

Left the White House with a balanced budget.

Newt and the revolution of '94 did this.

George W. Bush 4,000 plus Americans dead, 500,000 Iraqi dead. Unknown number of maimed.

Bush will be remebered as a great man for the liberation of Iraq.

Economy in shambles, out of control. Unemployment up.

Unemployment and the economy were good even considering 9/11 during much of his 2 terms. We grew at 3.3% two quarters ago. Mr. Frank and Fanny and Freddie have a great hand in the current situtation.

Bailouts for the rich.

Not taxing people at confiscatory levels is not a bail out.

Every time I bring up this comparison, it is ignored by the right wingers here on the boards.

No

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, this is what out-going Presidents do; let people out of jail and write in 25k new regulations that the next Prez couldn't possibly have the time to undo.