George Walker Bush is so stupid

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Stronzo, Jul 6, 2006.

1. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

..that it defies human comprehension that he's President. I mean that the supposed leader of "the free world":rolleyes: is a dead ringer for Alfred E. Newman both in looks and intellect is some pretty sobering shit.

Do you think it says something about us as a nation that we, as Americans, would (even marginally) vote this man into office twice. :33:

And feel free to finish this sentence:

"George W. Bush is so dumb.........." (fill in with description of choice)

2. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

...................... he doesn't need a helicopter to fly. The air in his head will be sufficient.

3. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Most people are stupid. It's appropriate that he should be leader of the free world. People who are seen as "too smart," such as John Kerry or Al Gore, have to deal with that as an obstacle to being elected. Many people won't vote for someone they see as an "intellectual" because they fear that these people are out of touch with their own (stupid) concerns. They're probably right, too.

4. vinny_spiruccino

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...he got fired from the M&M factory for throwin out the W's.

...he takes a ruler to bed to see how long he's slept.

...that under the "eduacation" space on his application for President, he put "hooked on phonics".

BOO-YOW!

5. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

I think you're exactly right NIC.

But my question is when did "being stupid" become an asset rather than a detriment to public service?

What I mean is: What the fuck is going on?

Why, of necessity, does "being stupid" translate better to the general American audience. Is there a greater truth in this somewhere and at what point did Amercians perceive education and experience (let alone intellect) as a "bad thing"?

Thanks

6. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Well, to many people, the president is not seen as "stupid." He's seen as one of them. Folksy. In touch with their concerns, i.e. "oh my god! the queers are a-gettin' hitched! that's icky!!" or "the trrrrists just attacked the world trade center! they're bound to come after Stubb's BBQ next! get some duct tape!!" The people who like the president see him as gutsy, as a strong leader, and as concerned with issues that matter to them. "Intellectual" has become a harmful label because to so many people it connotes elitist snobbery. Most people have heard of global warming before, but it's not really something they can relate to. Most people are aware that they've got queers living in New York and San Francisco, negros are on MTV and the inner cities, and they've seen the "Mexicans" working at the McDonalds but not having known any personally, they're not terribly connected to the issues regarding these people's rights. They see Kerry weighing different sides of complicated social and geopolitical issues, issues that few people actually understand the particulars to, and they see this as a sign of weakness. GW might not actually have a firm grasp on the implications of each decision he makes in office, but niether does your average citizen, so they can respect his resolve. It almost makes it seem like he knows what he's doing.

7. dong20

Gold Member

If most people were stupid then by definition they would not be stupid but of normal intelligence. Stupidity is relative not absolute.

Certainly, Bush appears to be relatively stupid; relative to say, a fence post.:rolleyes:

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

<g> let's get into semantics here... Bush may have near-normal intelligence, but he is stupid. He may be intelligent enough to know that an electric fence can cause pain, but he's still stupid enough to piss on it anyway.

While he is NOT the brightest bulb on broadway, he's not as stupid as most intelligent people give him credit for. (Confusing, I know, but read it a few times...) He knows that he wants that central 80% of the bell curve - not the bottom 10% stupidest people, and not the top 10% smartest, and he plays (with Rove's script) the part to its fullest. The top ten won't fall for it, and the bottom ten are politically useless. Act genial, act "more human", play almost-nearly-but-not-quite-hardly smart, and the sheep will do as they are told.

Stronzo??? Mob rule? Least common denominator? Any of those sound familiar?

Oops, I forgot my "so stupid..." sentence... I'll have to do it later. Stay tuned.

9. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:

I fear that completing it might get me banned!:wink:

10. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

I suspect that's sadly accurate. I think there was a time when the definition of 'folksy' also meant "horse sense" or just basic common intelligence. In that sense Bush is sorely lacking.

I suspect you're right here too.

What I note most about his followers and devotees is that it seems they look at world and national events only as how they impact them rather then a more objective view of the human condition.

Yes.. again I think you're right unfortunatley. To them "strong" equals belligerent and high-handed.

Then, if so, there is a vast hew and cry from certain sectors that's based in reverse snobbery.

That last thing you wrote is profound. I hate that you're right. And I think you are too.

I'm aware that all this venom focused on "liberal" as a bad thing and "human rights" as 'whining' and anything even remotely related to the Kennedy family and my native state of Massachusetts as "elitist" is largely accurate.

But at what point did Appalachian thinking (for lack of a better term) become the rule rather than the acception? That's what's got me stymied.

11. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

12. MH07

MH07 Member

Albums:
    Exactly my thought as well.

13. Matthew

Gold Member

He really does seem dumb as a box of rocks.

But that doesn't make me feel any better, since he and his clan are having so much success implementing their agenda. Even if he were a genius, I think we'd still be facing most of the same problems with his administration.

14. hung9mike

hung9mike Well-Known Member

Albums:
    It's not his intelligence that concerns me. It's his competence.

His chief attribute seems to be that he's electable (with a little help from his friends-- grin). Everything that man touches goes to hell in a handbasket. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want to run for President in 2008. He's going to leave that person an awful mess to clean up.

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

I wanna print this out and hang it on my refrigerator!

How many g. w. bushes does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one- he holds it up to the socket and waits for the world to revolve around it.

16. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Oh yes the mess which was left by him which when you carefully examine EVERYTHING was left to George W. Bush in some part by his predecessor Bill Clinton.
    Perhaps George W. Bush has not done the best job ever but given the things he has been forced to deal with he has done a more than decent job and he hasn't run away from any of it he has faced it head on.

Now seeing as how I will never come close to siding with any of the liberal silliness which gets shoved around here I will step aside and watch the asswipes (as in Bill Clinton asswipes) suck up more of the leftist propoganda being handed to them.

17. promaster695

promaster695 New Member

Albums:
    I don't normally talk politics (sex is much more fun), but I must that for me, sitting here in a supposedly third World country, George "dubbya" Bush does sometimes (quite often) come across as stupid.

But.... how stupid is he really? If he is so stupid, how does he get elected as president of the biggest democracy in the world TWICE? After his re-election, the headline in of our newspapers was:"How can 50 million people be so stupid?" Also, in his stupidity, he has managed nicely to protect his family/oil interests by supposedly looking for WMD's and NBC's.

For me, sitting on the sidelines as a foreigner, America has lost some of its shine under GWB's administration. I frequently visit many European countries, and where before America was viewed as the saviour of the free world, it has now become a bit of a joke. Before America was the place where everyone wanted to be, but not anymore.

Anyhow, I don't think it is easy being the leader of the "world's policeman". All countries turn to the USA first for help, but are quick to criticize.

18. speshk

speshk New Member

19. dong20

Gold Member

Quite true DC, I was doing the same thing I called someone else on recently; not clarifying properly the difference between intelligence (IQ) with real world smartness.

On the fence pissing.:eek:

Note to self: Think harder while posting with headache from hell...:rolleyes:

20. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's smart enough to know he needs to be surrounded by people who are considerably smarter than he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted