George Zimmerman not seeking 'Stand Your Ground' defense

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
No matter the spin provided here, one cannot definitively say he did anything seriously wrong, and nobody can honestly (perhaps that's why it's being done here) can say this event makes him a monster and/or worthy of conviction after the fact in the TM case. Sorry Wuzzy.

Fuzzy believes what she said in the phone call. Unfortunately, this incident will be portrayed as a hysterical, vindictive woman who called the cops and lied about an alleged assault. But, like Fuzzy said, the table didn't smash itself; There is physical evidence that can't be ignored.

The state likely dropped the charges because they lost their only good witness. Otherwise, Zimmerman would be facing a felony conviction. He's damned lucky.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Fuzzy believes what she said in the phone call. Unfortunately, this incident will be portrayed as a hysterical, vindictive woman who called the cops and lied about an alleged assault. But, like Fuzzy said, the table didn't smash itself; There is physical evidence that can't be ignored.

The state likely dropped the charges because they lost their only good witness. Otherwise, Zimmerman would be facing a felony conviction. He's damned lucky.

Or maybe damned UN-lucky, now that he won't be safely tucked away in some "soft" cell, under guard for his safety (and at the taxpayer's expense), serving "slap on the wrist" time for some domestic assault.

MAYBE "fate" or "providence" (whatever one's preference) has a more dire conclusion in mind for one G.Z.

Can't say I'm wishing harm comes to the guy as much as hoping HE doesn't get the opportunity to harm yet ANOTHER... I'm merely predicting what seems to me to be a logical course of events for one such as he.

Cause leads to effect, which then becomes the cause for another effect, ESPECIALLY when there are NO consequences for one's actions. I think this guy's "story" has yet to play out.

Last edited:

sillystring

Sexy Member
Media
Or maybe damned UN-lucky, now that he won't be safely tucked away in some "soft" cell, under guard for his safety (and at the taxpayer's expense), serving "slap on the wrist" time for some domestic assault.

MAYBE "fate" or "providence" (whatever one's preference) has a more dire conclusion in mind for one G.Z.

Can't say I'm wishing harm comes to the guy as much as hoping HE doesn't get the opportunity to harm yet ANOTHER... I'm merely predicting what seems to me to be a logical course of events for one such as he.

Cause leads to effect, which then becomes the cause for another effect, ESPECIALLY when there are NO consequences for one's actions. I think this guy's "story" has yet to play out.

Christ...reading THE way you "emphasize" words to denote some kind of "inflection" "gives" ME cancer.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Christ...reading THE way you "emphasize" words to denote some kind of "inflection" "gives" ME cancer.

I'm still waiting on an answer for the rhyme/reason of it all lol. It isn't necessarily a bad strategy when utilized properly, but good lord is it a head scratcher in these cases.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I've been in arguments with my roommates before. One of my roommates (a gal) has gotten is HEATED verbal confrontations with her bf. My neighbors have heard this multiple times before. My dogs have broken my couch TWICE...by your inane logic, we could all conceivably be facing felony charges.

As long as you're willing to admit what you "know" is based entirely in conjecture, then we're all gravy.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've been in arguments with my roommates before. One of my roommates (a gal) has gotten is HEATED verbal confrontations with her bf. My neighbors have heard this multiple times before. My dogs have broken my couch TWICE...by your inane logic, we could all conceivably be facing felony charges.

What makes you think you couldn't conceivably face felony charges?

There but for the grace of God . . .

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What makes you think you couldn't conceivably face felony charges?

There but for the grace of God . . .

Or for the grace of nobody calling the cops I suppose.

Pardon me, only misdemeanor charges would be conceivable in such a case...no "deadly weapon" involved.

My point is that Fuzzy is basing what he/she/it knows about what happened based on a phone call that could very well be a totally bogus cry for attention.

Now, he could well be right, but to confidently believe it based on rather meager evidence is foolish.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
If, like me, you have cancer, it's not from reading these posts.

Sorry to read of that, my friend. Do take care.

If you can't figure it out, THEN don't read them, BUB. :cool:

Last edited:

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sorry to read of that, my friend. Do take care.

Thanks. Actually, I was being a bit melodramatic. I *do* have cancer (a squamous cell carcinoma in a swollen lymph node at the side of my neck, originating in my tonsils), and will shortly undergo radiation and chemo, but the prognosis is "very treatable."

I was much more worried last week, after a PET scan revealed some suspicious hot spots on my lungs. But the subsequent bronchoscopy biopsy proved these were *not* cancerous.

So all in all, I'd say I dodged a bullet. :smile:

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks. Actually, I was being a bit melodramatic. I *do* have cancer (a squamous cell carcinoma in a swollen lymph node at the side of my neck, originating in my tonsils), and will shortly undergo radiation and chemo, but the prognosis is "very treatable."

I was much more worried last week, after a PET scan revealed some suspicious hot spots on my lungs. But the subsequent bronchoscopy biopsy proved these were *not* cancerous.

So all in all, I'd say I dodged a bullet. :smile:

Get well soon man. I've had a couple of cancerous thingies and I'm still going strong.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
^yes...happier holidays. :wink:

Get well soon man. I've had a couple of cancerous thingies and I'm still going strong.

Many thanks! My eighty-plus-year-old mother recently survived pancreatic cancer. I've got her genes, so I'm pretty optimistic.

You guys won't be rid of me that easily.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media

As long as you're willing to admit what you "know" is based entirely in conjecture, then we're all gravy.
There's this thing called the law...

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's this thing called the law...

Which does nothing to support your belief whatsoever, most certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unless of course we accept the "fact" that Zimmerman's is lying now and not during the phone call.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Which does nothing to support your belief whatsoever, most certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unless of course we accept the "fact" that Zimmerman's is lying now and not during the phone call.

Arguments with roomates and dogs breaking couches are not prohibited acts.

If Scheibe called the police and said that Zimmerman smashed her table, and the police arrive and see a smashed table... hmmm... who do you think did it?

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Arguments with roomates and dogs breaking couches are not prohibited acts.

If Scheibe called the police and said that Zimmerman smashed her table, and the police arrive and see a smashed table... hmmm... who do you think did it?

Maybe he was upset that the Heat lost to the Pacers and took it out on the table. A broken table doesn't exactly prove a felony.

My point is that, having been witness to similarly passionate arguments, it is entirely conceivable that some of my experiences would be on a similar level as GZ's.

The foundational point remains that you have, at best, a belief based on zero compelling fact. You may in fact be right, but there's no compelling evidence to prove said belief.

scorp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it very interesting That Zimmerman shot an un-armed teenager, because Zimmerman feared for his life, and now Zimmerman wants to fight someone and donate the procedes to charity. Wow Big Block Watch Zimmerman sure got brave in a hurry. Maybe the sponsors of this event will let him take his gun into the ring, and shoot his opponent, because once again Zimmerman will feel threatened.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
George Zimmerman Allegedly Threatens To Kill Man In Road Rage Incident

George Zimmerman, pulled up to a driver and allegedly threatened to kill him. The driver called the police, but Zimmerman had left the scene before the police arrived. The next day, Zimmerman went to the driver's place of employment -- armed -- to confront him. His target called the police and, this time, they arrived in time to catch him.

Will Zimmerman finally be put behind bars where he belongs?

Onyxpumper

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
George Zimmerman Allegedly Threatens To Kill Man In Road Rage Incident

George Zimmerman, pulled up to a driver and allegedly threatened to kill him. The driver called the police, but Zimmerman had left the scene before the police arrived. The next day, Zimmerman went to the driver's place of employment -- armed -- to confront him. His target called the police and, this time, they arrived in time to catch him.

Will Zimmerman finally be put behind bars where he belongs?

*shocker* gz in trouble again...I believe it may take an act of congress to put him away in prison or a mental institution (whichever will take him). I for one hope that it's prison in general population. I'm almost certain that the factions that are in prison would make him their byotch!