Georgia run-off senate race

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
"I'd never seen anything like that ad. Putting pictures of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden next to the picture of a man who left three limbs on the battlefield -- it's worse than disgraceful. It's reprehensible."

-- Sen. John McCain, quoted by CNN, on the campaign ads used by Saxby Chambliss (R) against Sen. Max Cleland (D-GA) in the 2002 U.S. Senate race.

McCain is now scheduled to campaign for Chambliss in his Georgia run off against Jim Martin (D).
Historical Quote of the Day -- Political Wire

I usually don't start threads over little stuff like this, but I thought that this was a very example of how much McCain has sold himself out this year. By the way, that's no exaggeration. Chambliss actually ran a campaign against a disable war veteran, questioning his patriotism.

Since it was in Georgia, it somehow worked.

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well see unless you hate blacks and wanna put women back in the kitchen and torture everybody who doesn't bow before the baby jesus and also the gays then I guess you're just not a real patriotic amurrikkkan

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Historical Quote of the Day -- Political Wire

I usually don't start threads over little stuff like this, but I thought that this was a very example of how much McCain has sold himself out this year. By the way, that's no exaggeration. Chambliss actually ran a campaign against a disabled war veteran, questioning his patriotism.

Since it was in Georgia, it somehow worked.
Sadly, Georgia is a red state.

Since the conservatives on the board seem to dissect every quote Obama makes, I was hoping I'd have somebody here to defend this, but I am disappointed.
There aren't many active Georgia peeps on this board. I just moved here a year ago and I haven't paid much attention to local politics because I was focused on the national race.

Now that the best man has won the White House, and I have done some research, all I can say is that Chambliss is a shambles. He is using the same campaign tactics for the run-off election that he used before and that McCain lost with. He is attacking his opponent with lies and trying to ally him with President-Elect Obama. Obviously anyone that thinks like Obama must be bad, so vote Chambliss. :rolleyes:

"Chambliss is a stupid, redneck, bastard." :cool: