Gesture of appreciation. Too corny?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Snowy1, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Snowy1

Snowy1 Member

This is a question for the ladies.

Sometimes when im talking to a woman and it feels really intimate, leaning close and talking and laughing, eye contact and nearly touching but never actually do.
    i feel this urge to reach out and gently hold her hand and simply kiss the back of it.
    Often though this feeling is inappropriate cause she is already taken and i dont want to disrespect her. But if its a girl who is available im still not too sure if i should do this, in case it freaks her out.

I didnt grow up believing in romantic gestures but when i really like a woman i naturally want to do this small thing for her.

So was wondering if a guy did this would it be too corny and offend you ladies and what would be a pleasant way to go about doing this without being wierd?

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

I had guys do this to me and kinda liked it.

3. Snowy1

Snowy1 Member

Mmm? wasnt aware that men did this as well.
    Wow, cool so im guessing this is meant in the same idea. A sign of affection and adoration then?

4. kazooplayer

kazooplayer New Member

I get that feeling sometimes. I usually kiss them on top of their head, because it's a sweet gesture, but it can almost in no way be confused for a sexual advance.

5. Snowy1

Snowy1 Member

Really? so a woman wouldnt find it a little random?
    I wouldnt want to do it in case she was like WTF and it ruined that little moment. Be great though if it made it more amazing not neccassarily leading directly to sex.

Its not something you ever see now a days, I know it was was always used way back when. Used in a robotic sense rather than cause you wanted to.
    Thought maybe a woman might find it a little odd and corny.

#5 Snowy1, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  6. B_Dustydo

B_Dustydo New Member

It depends on the nature of the friendship.

If the lady is married then kissing her hand is a bit over the top.

If your on a date with the girl and you are really digging one another it can be very sweet gesture without being pushy or threatening.

7. Snowy1

Snowy1 Member

yeah i thought so.
    Ive seen me chatting with older woman who are out with thier boyfriends and i get chatting to them. I really grow to like them and the drink makes things warmer and more fuzzy but i have good control so I never over step the mark.
    Its feels like a way of saying thanks, i enjoyed your company, I think in that instance if i did.

With a woman who is single and im chatting with, i would like it if she appreciated the gesture and realised how special how find her. Without thinking im a dweeb or something like that :)

8. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it's too sexual actually. Or it could get that way much too easily!

If you don't know her well enough to kiss her on the cheek, merely squeeze her hand.

Kissing on the top of the head? That is for children. If you want to make her feel like less than a fellow adult, or like your child, maybe.

9. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

Stacy and I still hold hands (even while driving in the car). I kissed the back of her hand the first time I held it and continue to, to this day. I think it's one of the subtle things that won her over, I guess because she didn't think guys actually did that. I even open the car door for her and pull her chair out. It's a gentleman (and probably Southern) thing to do and girls eat it up. :wink: I do it because I want to, not because I to make her swoon.

10. Snowy1

Snowy1 Member

This is is interesting.

Thats how i feel and how id intend it, not because i have to or because im trying to make her 'swoon' (good way to say it) but because i want to.
    I think i have this old school way of thinking for some reason when it comes to respecting a woman and showing how much i adore her.
    Thing is some woman can take it as a bad thing.

Its that first moment of physical contact really, after youve spent a time in each others company.
    Thats maybe a better step to take first, just lightly squeezing her hand, gauging her response then kissing her hand if she is pleased.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

No, I don't think it's for children. It could be the type of thing a brother does to a sister. Either way I would see it as non-threatening and definetely not sexual or childish.

Kissing the back of the hand is a romantic gesture. Definetely too much if you know she is in a relationship or married. Why not just gently hold her hand and with your other hand quickly rub or pat the back of her hand.

As an American I tend to think men kissing the back of the hand is a gallant affectation. :redface:

12. Snowy1

Snowy1 Member

To this, i would say that i have never done this to a woman who i know is with someone.
    What im saying is that i feel that urge to cause we are getting on so well and having a good time, sharing a connection. I dont touch them in any way, always maintain that physical space.
    I would not do this out of respect for them and their partner.

More curious to know if its ok to do with a single woman in the same manner or if it would be too strange?

I can see maybe how this could be viewed as a sexual advancement but i would not intend it in that way.

13. lickme69

lickme69 New Member

I would never find it corny. I think it is a very nice gesture and it If she pulls away from you then it means she isn't that into you. But this gesture shows you have respect for her. In my book, it is a very nice gesture. If a man does this to me, and i like him, I will reciprocate.

14. B_Dustydo

B_Dustydo New Member

A way to formalize the act hand kissing without undue sexual connotations is to clasp the fingers and give a gentle squeeze and kiss the air approx. 2 inches above her knuckles.
    In such a formal act it is considered tacky to look up from the woman's hand into her eyes.

Draft saved Draft deleted