Get better guys with a 6-pack?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
marwan80 of Luke fame: By all means watch the body fat ratio while eating correctly and going for the six or 8 pack look. I'm an old fart and it takes me much more work (as in cardio) to keep my BMI where I still feel confident about my abs. I'm more vain about my abs than I am my dick. I definitely like the six-pack look. The Squeeze, who is protein loading because he was bigger arms and a huge chest (hey, it's his body) has noticed that his abs are no longer a feature anyone sees. Although he's got a great midsection the bulking up has padded him. It's like sleeping with a snoring boulder wrapped in a warm quilt these days. But there's nothing wrong with "being obsessed" with one's body image, unless your name happens to be Cyrano.

Industrialsize speaks the truth regarding reps. It's not the quantity. It is the quality. You might purchase 10 sessions of Pilates classes in your area and consult with a Pilates instructor who is certified and knows his shit. They have an interesting way of aiding you in getting in touch with your muscle groups. Much different than you'd expect.

And it sounds like you've got the right attitude. If you don't make your goal, you can start drinking six packs and enjoy the admiration of the lumberjack/muscle bear community. But they tend to prefer a hairy ass. LOL!

Good luck.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Personally, I like bulkier guys in general. But my body isn't built like that so I keep myself trim.

The secret to getting the lower two of the six-pack is leg raises!

Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Guides Database.

I do mine on the floor, but I can see you get a better range of motion doing it on a bench. If you're doing it as a floor exercise, do not rest between raises. Keep your heels an inch or two off the floor at the low point.

Pilates is a great idea if you can cope with probably being the only man in the class, except maybe the instructor. It's so good for the "core muscles" in your mid-section.

Hey, a tip for the straight guys: If you wanna meet fit women with good pelvic control :wink:, join a Pilates class, lol!

Last edited:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
good for you Luke.
i can't imagine a guy that doesn't want to have great abs. nicely sculpted, flat, thin waist. i think that's the most difficult thing a guy can work on and i am always trying to get mine to look better.
keep up the good work.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mark, dude, thanks for the website! I thought Captain's Chair helped form the lower pack, does that work?

I didn't know about the captain's chair, my gym doesn't have one. It looks like it works the same muscles, as would hanging raises (same movement hanging from a bar). But the lying leg-raise works the lower abs harder, I think, because the legs are fully extended.

bojangle1988

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i had a six pack last year about this time and when i got out of high school i stopped working out all the time. i still sorta have one but it's no where near as sexy and chizzled like before. i like it. i like my body. even tho i'm smaller now. i weight almost 185 and was completely cut, ran a lot and worked out a lot. totally lean, body fat was prolly around 5-7%. i kind of turned into a health nut. now i'm 155/160 :( . i can say one thing... girls do like my body/cock, but they don't get better, they are still hot and crazy lol... hard to find someone that is the same status as i am and cool like me. they get obsessive. really fast. like bitch. really...

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

EL_Duderino

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
honestly you don't do enough for your abs and u need to vary your routine a lot more. of course getting a six pack is different for everyone. but if u r really looking to get one, i think you should do a lot more work than u r doing. try doing 10 minutes straight of ab work changing every 30 seconds to a new exercise. than when u have mastered that increase the time you r working.

EL_Duderino

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your trainer's absolutely RIGHT!!! Have found a lot of guys claiming to do 150-300 crunches daily and I always shake my head wondering why? It's often hard to get other guys to realize and accept the fact that one doesn't need to train abs much different than other muscle groups and that countless, absurd sets and reps are little more than a waste of time.

actuall abs recover a lot faster and many fighters do 1000+ sit ups a day. crunchs are a joke and honestly wont get you to where you want to go. work them into a routine and they may be useful but on their own they won't do a lot. and doing high reps of anything is actually very benificial. not everyone is trying to lift weights to be a body builder. high reps = muscle endurance and with that comes definition.

marwan80

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
bojangle1988: I'd love to check out those abs! Any pics?
gutterballs: Thanks for the tips dude. I'll def try talking to my instructor to modify my training program.

thanks ya'll for taking the time to reply! (notice the southern accent there!)

EL_Duderino

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'll let you in on a secret......

your trainer might not know what the hell he's talking about. =) lots of trainers have different beliefs if you want to call it that.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'll let you in on a secret......

your trainer might not know what the hell he's talking about. =) lots of trainers have different beliefs if you want to call it that.

And add to that...a lot of trainers get their training online ...what a fricking joke....as opposed to college work in exercise physiology/nutrition/etc. and a degree prior to certification.[/

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i get a lot of compliments on my abs from guys. which is kinda cool. the abs i worked on so the comments mean something to me. the boobs just sorta grew in on their ownsome.

heaps of core work. just hours of it. keep the body fat low. not sure what more i could add since its been well covered here.

ml

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's also genetics and aging. Some people naturally have less subcutaneous fat than others. Be aware that if you fight your body type and lower your bodyfat percentage below a certain threshold your immune system will eventually become compromised. Meaning, you become more susceptible to colds and such.

The less fat and water stored below your skin, the more your abs will pop. You can't spot reduce fat, your whole body fat percentage has to be lowered. When that happens you will also notice more vascularity and veins will be more pronounced. Diet, cardio, and stomach excercises... in that order of priority.

Sometimes, that lower abdominal pooch will not go away no matter what you do. Unless you opt for lipo, accept your imperfections and focus on your deltoids instead. Most men should improve their shoulders... simplest way to make the waist look smaller.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To sum up my random thoughts, my question is, do guys like 6-packs? Do you think I'll get even better looking guys? Are other people obsessed with getting a six-pack as much as I am? I thought better do the winter practice to be ready for the summer!

PS: I need to change my nickname. My real name is Luke!

awesome!

keep up the good work!

yes! love six-packs! also find guys that don't have them hot!

rojji

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Definition comes from the size of the said muscles compared to the amount of fat/water under the skin, plus or minus genetics. You don't get "ripped" from doing thousands of reps.. that builds endurance and strength, but not size! Size comes from low reps, high weight.

With 11% body fat, you should be pretty close already if your abs are pretty well defined. If not, work on doing heavier loads with less reps like Industrialsize and Primal said. Good luck!

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A six pack can help attract those who have a similar body shape to you, and I think guys of ANY sexual orientation can appreciate a six pack on a bloke without it being sexual because all blokes realise just how stringent a diet and how hard most guys have to work out to get one.

For me personally though, nothing can get my attention more than a nice, big, bouncy bubble butt and a cute smile lol