Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Get over people not getting over him. His death didn't stop me in my tracks but if it did to some people, what does it matter? What disgusting things did Apple do? Help revolutionize computers allowing you to be able to go on a rant?

Reactions: jozv

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was raised not to speak ill of the dead.Steve has paid the price for his sins,have you?

All the christian crap aside,would you like the public to piss on your grave while your family watched?

He was human he was here and he contributed!Can you say the same of yourself?

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
get over steve jobs - he's death, get over it! You never knew him! He may have contributed to making some products you

Steve Jobs is Death, OMG I didn't see that one coming :eek:
Death wears a stylish shroud which conceals him/her until ready for grabbing the latest addition.....that's why you never see it coming.:biggrin1:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! Guess there are all kinds of people. This smacks to me of zealousness that I'm subjected to every day. Religious nuts fear for my soul because I'm not subscribing to their brand of faith. And here I'm bombarded with propaganda explaining why I'm going to hell for using an iPhone!

"Contractor," "some claim...," "philanthropy" all of these tags could apply to not only most US companies but most international as well. Didn't see this flak when Sam Walton died, but of course I wasn't looking.

So you hate him and his products. That's cool. You can. Not sure that it's cool to shove it in our faces.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
get over steve jobs - he's death, get over it! You never knew him! He may have contributed to making some products you use, but he ran a company that did some disgusting things!
The Infrequent Rant: Steve Jobs: A top bloke after death

Sorry all you invidious dipshits...

Its funny how all the folks who bemoan the "disgusting" things Apple or Jobs did, are all the same folks too banal, contrary, or plain clueless to so much as comprehend what he did and why it worked.

He was uncompromising in seeking excellence, both from himself and from his staff, and they call it arrogance...
But success is the difference between arrogance and competence.

His infamous insistence on Apple's control of their products, their systems, and their customer experience is seen as a problem by those who can not make revolutionary products... an utter failure on the part of the less capable to recognize this as the precise REASON that people's experience of Apple products is that they simply work, that they are effortless to own and satisfying in every way.

I remember arguing with Apple Haters over their whining that the iPod and iPhone had no battery compartment... as if paying for and charging and lugging around extra batteries all day, in addition to the extra bulk on the device of battery compartments were some kind of "benefit"... How clueless can someone get?

All the complaints I hear against Apple and Jobs are the complaints of the unaccomplished, or those whose own ideas for 'seizing the market' never pan out because they simply don't understand how human INTERACTION with technology is the only thing that matters.

Here it is in a nutshell, for those too young, or too ignorant to get.

This machine you are using to post on this "internet" you rely on?
It looks the way it does, and operates the way it does BECAUSE of Steve Jobs and his insight into how people process information, and the aesthetic that involves.

ALL computers today, owe their interface to the innovations of Apple.
Windows and its descendants are all rip offs of Apple... and their insufficiencies beside Apple's OS are directly attributable to the fact that no one in the PC world controls the quality of anything.

The competition for the lowest price is a race between mediocrities.

The World Wide Web was developed on NeXT computers.

Sorry, you pathetic dweebs who begrudge brilliance its due...

But the very fact that you can interact with technology the way you do you owe to this one guy... even if you are too stingy, or too stupid, to admit it.

It is worth our time, culturally, to honor and laud revolutionary achievement. Worth our time to retroactively acknowledge that, as it happened, we may not have fully grasped how it would enrich our lives, nor what we mistook for arrogance was, in fact, simply singular vision that only succeeded because it was not compromised.

In honoring Steve Jobs, we encourage the next radical and perhaps difficult to get along with visionary to step up, and withstand the criticism of the majority who think too small and fear they have too much to lose.

Hindsight is 20-20.... and looking back... Jobs wasn't arrogant, wasn't difficult, mercurial, nor autocratic.

He was, simply, right.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
You are weird for just starting this thread. Well, no, you are not weird, just an example of the latest generation to have the freedom to talk ignorance without ever having achieved shit for anyone.

Please list your achievements and contributions to your country and I will humbly apologise.

PS - I never bought an apple product.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Philanthropy?

Fair and comparative pricing?

Stupid.

I would say developing the means for the entire human population ( rather than only scientists and engineers) to access and understand the power of the computer, which has created millions of jobs and economic opportunities, beats most 'philanthropy' in its net positive effect.

Take a look at China... see all those skyscrapers? All those people whose parents were starving but who now have better lives? That's what comes from building products that the whole world wants.

As to pricing... Apple's pricing was fair and competitive... for quality merchandise.
Jobs proved that folks WILL pay for a product experience that SATISFIES them.

And all you folks who want PCs because they are cheap? Well, you get just that, something cheap.

Apple's control of their own product is WHY they just work, no matter what.

The iPhone is not a very good phone... But folks love it because of all the other things it does, and does so well, that who gives a damn that it drops a call more often than a phone that does only that, or does, clumsily, some pale imitation of what iPhones do effortlessly.

Apple users laugh at your criticisms because you are too myopic to see that those things you decry are the entire REASON Apple's products are so successful, so satisfying, and so copied.

Fair pricing? 25 years without a single virus on a machine that significantly extended my reach in terms of my own creative potential.

And looked good.

I can use ANY computer in the world, today, because I learned to use a Mac, first, because every computer, music player, phone, and tablet in the world today FOLLOWS Job's lead.

I think Apple's products are priced fair for the value received... and, apparently, so does everyone else who buys them.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
PS- recent published data shows that Apple's corporate profit averages 21%
Which is one percent above what what Business schools tell you is an optimal profit for a well run business.

HP's computer division makes 7%

Because they are involved with other clone makers in the race to mediocrity.

No one picks up an apple product and thinks it is cheaply made, because it isn't.
Looks to me like Apple is just a much better run business that knows what people are willing to pay for quality merchandise.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never been a fan of Apple products and can't discuss them in-depth, however - it's obvious that Steve Jobs was a creative and intelligent man. For that, and for simply being a human being, I think I (and others) have the right to say rest in peace to Mr Jobs.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
get over steve jobs - he's death, get over it! You never knew him! He may have contributed to making some products you use, but he ran a company that did some disgusting things!
The Infrequent Rant: Steve Jobs: A top bloke after death

So I watched the video and saw lots of propaganda and twisted truths... funny how people can put a spin on things and if you are not listening closely you can misinterpret what is said.

"Maximum" work week 60 hours, not "minimum". I know that sounds excessive to Americans who typically work an avg. of 40 hours a wk, but honestly in some other countries that could be considered normal (I am not sure what Japan's avg. work week is). But even then, for many (even Americans) 40 hrs/wk is base, doesn't include overtime, and for many executives it is not unheard of to put in 60-75 hours a week. (I did this when I was CEO of an agency.)

And "10" suicides... out of "how many employees"? I know even 1 is bad but this does not go into detail about the particulars of the cause and the innuendos are just thrown out for us to imagine the worst. And the video did say that Apple visited the corp and provided counseling and changed guidelines to help improve relations.

This is only a couple of examples of "partial truths" and innuendos.

By the way... I only own an Ipad, so I am not a die-hard Apple guy.

I just recognize and respect his contribution to technology. He had a brilliant brilliant mind. We are not discussing personalities here... b/c when you start getting into that area... well you will find everyone will disagree about some aspect of everyone else's personality.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sorry all you invidious dipshits...

Its funny how all the folks who bemoan the "disgusting" things Apple or Jobs did, are all the same folks too banal, contrary, or plain clueless to so much as comprehend what he did and why it worked.

He was uncompromising in seeking excellence, both from himself and from his staff, and they call it arrogance...
But success is the difference between arrogance and competence.

His infamous insistence on Apple's control of their products, their systems, and their customer experience is seen as a problem by those who can not make revolutionary products... an utter failure on the part of the less capable to recognize this as the precise REASON that people's experience of Apple products is that they simply work, that they are effortless to own and satisfying in every way.

I remember arguing with Apple Haters over their whining that the iPod and iPhone had no battery compartment... as if paying for and charging and lugging around extra batteries all day, in addition to the extra bulk on the device of battery compartments were some kind of "benefit"... How clueless can someone get?

All the complaints I hear against Apple and Jobs are the complaints of the unaccomplished, or those whose own ideas for 'seizing the market' never pan out because they simply don't understand how human INTERACTION with technology is the only thing that matters.

Here it is in a nutshell, for those too young, or too ignorant to get.

This machine you are using to post on this "internet" you rely on?
It looks the way it does, and operates the way it does BECAUSE of Steve Jobs and his insight into how people process information, and the aesthetic that involves.

ALL computers today, owe their interface to the innovations of Apple.
Windows and its descendants are all rip offs of Apple... and their insufficiencies beside Apple's OS are directly attributable to the fact that no one in the PC world controls the quality of anything.

The competition for the lowest price is a race between mediocrities.

The World Wide Web was developed on NeXT computers.

Sorry, you pathetic dweebs who begrudge brilliance its due...

But the very fact that you can interact with technology the way you do you owe to this one guy... even if you are too stingy, or too stupid, to admit it.

It is worth our time, culturally, to honor and laud revolutionary achievement. Worth our time to retroactively acknowledge that, as it happened, we may not have fully grasped how it would enrich our lives, nor what we mistook for arrogance was, in fact, simply singular vision that only succeeded because it was not compromised.

In honoring Steve Jobs, we encourage the next radical and perhaps difficult to get along with visionary to step up, and withstand the criticism of the majority who think too small and fear they have too much to lose.

Hindsight is 20-20.... and looking back... Jobs wasn't arrogant, wasn't difficult, mercurial, nor autocratic.

He was, simply, right.

Well I'm not quite the fan of the product as you are, but you're absolutely right, which is why I said in the other thread that Steve Jobs has made us all more than we were before.

Many here aren't old enough to remember the old pc display, with the split down the middle and your list of programs on the left and the files list on the right.

I'm so indoctrinated into that old format I still use the Windows explorer screen (which somewhat resembles it) to move and manipulate files. I wouldn't know where to begin with the Vista platform.

In fact I hate the newer versions of Windows, with its interlinked software and cutesy 3-D icons: "my computer", "my pictures", "my music".... my ASS. That's why I make everything look like windows classic. Too much drama.

It's not that I had anything against the Macs either. Just never tried one. I guess ultimately you end up using what you start with. Sorta like driving the same make of automobile the family has always owned... I guess.

But you're absolutely right. Windows looks the way it does because its look is a copy of the Mac's user friendly interface and use of ICONS.

Our cellphones, our music devices... they look and work the way they do because of the standards set by Jobs and the developers and engineers at Apple... because the other products had to improve, in order to compete.

As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form....."