Gettin in shape

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by MrE, Jul 3, 2010.

1. MrE

MrE
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Since its the summer, ive taken it upon myself to try and look a lil better.
    Specifically im trying to gut down on my stomach, i dont have visible abbs, but nor to i have a huge beer gut...just a lil bit of fat that needs to go.

Can anyone help with a few exercises or even a small program that could work the abbs (and maybe more)...currently im doing an exercise i learnt from my friend who was a wrestler - dont know the name but i can describe wat they told me (get into pushup position and instead of putting your hands down, put 1 fist into the hand and have it on the floor, with your elbows touching - then hold that for a minute with ur back parallel to the floor)

i do this about twice a day, but am looking for any more suggestions?

2. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    there are many good exercises for the abs, in fact the ones everybody knows, sit ups and crunches do work. The one you described i have never used, i have sone similar things tho, just with lifting one arm and one leg, kind of looking like superman, which is why that is called superman, this can also be done out of the pushup position, the beauty there is you can even lift arm and leg on the same side which gives a slightly different effect.
    Russian twist is nice too, and a kind of related exercise, hold the upper body still and move the legs to work out lower abs, it can even be combined, move your legs to one side, pay attention that your shoulders are hovering over the ground, and then try to move your upper body to the opposite direction.

But the most important thing you need to know is, there is no exercise that can really attack the fat over your abs, you need to get rid of it by dieting and burning a lot of energy, for example running or swimming, building msucles will only help long term.

3. BD__Bjorn Mitderbiggun

BD__Bjorn Mitderbiggun Account Disabled

yea running on a treadmill or walking everywhere, helps a lot. try doing yoga in the mornings, gives you real good energy.

4. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Best thing you can do is aerobics for a sustained amount of time. Something that makes u sweat and/or pushes you to your limits. I see to many fat asses who think they are gonna get all svelte from weight training and doing crunches. You gotta have some cardio to rev up your metabolism and burn fat.

#4 pdxman, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  5. MrE

MrE
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    im not even close to beign a fatass LOL
    ...i bike on a weekly basis as well...on average 8k per how many times a week i bike (which depends on work schedule as well)

6. BiAznStud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  7. pdxman

pdxman New Member

No, I did not think YOU were. Just trying to comment on how to sustain weight loss or fat loss especially in the abdominal region. I was just making a general observation as to the view of some people at the gym who feel if they only life weights and to crunches they are going to sustain weight loss, if that is their goal.

8. MrE

MrE
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yea, i figured that was the case

side note - thanks for all the advice guys, ill post updates as the month progresses

9. bippy

bippy Member

I'm working on this as well. Any exercise will help lose weight/fat, you don't need anything ab-specific unless you want to build muscle.

I like rowing, but running and weights are good too.

10. D_Ernest Porknine

D_Ernest Porknine New Member

up to 75% of your success for losing fat or gaining muscle will come from your DIET. You can do all the ab exercises you want but until you lose some bodyfat it won't make much of a difference in how you look.

11. lpsg17

Gold Member

yeah i am afraid if you want abs you have to realy watch your diet
    I do about 8 different ab exercises three times a week hitting upper lower abs annd obliques
    you have to exercise the ab area and really eat clean

12. solidgg

solidgg New Member

AB RIPPER X, from the P90X workout, heres an online version split into two. Been doing for about 4 months now and seeing results.
    Part 1
    Part 2

13. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Abs are created moreso in the kitchen than in the exercise room. So, a combination of proper diet and abdominal (and lower back) exercises is best.

Weighted crunches, planks, leg lifts, cable crunches + a good diet. Once your body fat percentage gets low enough, your abs will show.

14. mrree

Gold Member

Albums:
    @biaznstud: i can see the difference in your pics! looking good!!

15. Blorkin

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
Draft saved Draft deleted