Getting back into yoga

I love yoga. It's helped so much with my weight lifting, stress level and flexibility.
I've been thinking of taking it up. Can you explain how it benefited your weightlifting please? I'm hoping you mean it increased your range of motion which I am in dire need of.

b3ar

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been thinking of taking it up. Can you explain how it benefited your weightlifting please? I'm hoping you mean it increased your range of motion which I am in dire need of.
It did indeed. Also the stretching helps the blood flow and I've noticed a difference in recovery. Not to mention ( and this may just be a mental thing) but i have noticed a difference in my mind/muscle connection. Almost like ive become in tune with my body more than ever before.

It did indeed. Also the stretching helps the blood flow and I've noticed a difference in recovery. Not to mention ( and this may just be a mental thing) but i have noticed a difference in my mind/muscle connection. Almost like ive become in tune with my body more than ever before.
Excellent. I'll give it another try. I've done a class or two over the last few years. I was so terrible at it that I gave up.

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really enjoy yoga and I do it everyday. It has helped me with flexibility and being mindful. I love it because it helps build strength and conditioning and endurance.

D

deleted972421

I've been doing a nude yoga class for the past 9 years and it has been amazing. The nakedness aside (it is a wonderful bonus), yoga is suited for everyone because it is a non-competitive sport, you can go at your own pace, and the benefits will amaze you. People fear starting yoga because they think others in the class will be way advanced... so what. A good yoga instructor will incorporate all skill levels in the class, guiding those who need assistance and pushing those who are quite accomplished. For those who are out of shape, yoga is a great way to get moving again in an intentional manner. Benefits: greater flexibility and range of motion, better balance, increased strength, a more centered attitude, better breathing. Also, going to a class with others strengthens your social ties and engagement.

Reactions: mutualjax

Bondi

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've often considered adding yoga to my fitness regimen. I think it would help me in many ways.

@beachforme Naked yoga...that sounds like fun! I must ask: is your class co-ed or men only? Also, there must have been some awkward or funny moments over the years. Any good stories to share?

dreamkendrafuckME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been doing a nude yoga class for the past 9 years and it has been amazing. The nakedness aside (it is a wonderful bonus), yoga is suited for everyone because it is a non-competitive sport, you can go at your own pace, and the benefits will amaze you. People fear starting yoga because they think others in the class will be way advanced... so what. A good yoga instructor will incorporate all skill levels in the class, guiding those who need assistance and pushing those who are quite accomplished. For those who are out of shape, yoga is a great way to get moving again in an intentional manner. Benefits: greater flexibility and range of motion, better balance, increased strength, a more centered attitude, better breathing. Also, going to a class with others strengthens your social ties and engagement.
sport? as a yogi myself, please don't denigrate the practice by calling it a sport. is using the treadmill in a gym a sport? or a self-developmental practice?

dreamkendrafuckME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i'm intermediate hatha BKS Iyengar yoga. I can do most basic moves, but haven't done it in a while, so most likely i'm rusty. it's mainly due to work, and i had some sport injuriesso i had to relax it.

to get back into it after a while, do the asanas that don't require as much complex movements, like a modified Sun Salulation, or table. it's like everything else, it comes back with practice.

as for the benefits of yoga, it can help lose weight, improved stamina, improve metabolism, etc. and given the purpose of this forum, it can also lead to better vascularisation which can improve dick size....

zazaz4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been practicing Iyengar yoga for 10+ years. There are periods when I'll take a break. But when I come back I'm always amazed at how quickly I regain flexibility and strength. Yoga improves my mental well-being too.
I integrate other, more traditional, fitness training exercises (i.e. weights, cross training, cardio). But for me yoga surpasses other options in overall health benefits.