Getting back with an ex?

D

deleted298367

I was just wondering, for those of you that have dated an ex, how long was the break?

The whole reason I joined here was because I needed help with my first maaajor breakup.

http://www.lpsg.org/95959-what-to-do.html <--

I kinda feel stupid doing this, but I hit another major depression. I see him every day at school, and we're both 'up there' in drama club (I'm musical assistant, he's director's assistant) so we're always close. And it was last year during drama club that we both started checking each other out (I think about a month and a half after the play's performances is when we hooked up).

We had everything in common, and if I'm not mistaken, I don't know why he wouldn't be feeling the same way.

I go through those days where I hate him and hope he falls off the face of the planet, and other days its like even though we don't talk, I cant wait to see him (Funny, the Foo Fighters' song, 'See You' haha. exactly me.).

I don't think I'll get over this until school is over this year and I don't have to see him anymore, but I've always heard about exes getting back together. Is a year too much?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't expect it, don't look for it, and it will find you. If you do look for it, and do expect it, it becomes obvious and it will never happen. Be cool, act as if he is the last thing you need. Put yourself on his level, don't put him on a pedestal. Display your own true value as a human being, which has nothing to do with whether you are with him or not. And never should.

D

deleted298367

The few reasons I think that he still cares are from his myspace.
1. His 'headline' is 'You'll forget about me after I've been gone..." which is from 'More Than A Feeling' by Boston.
2. His display name is a line from Little Shop of Horrors, which was like our favorite soundtrack. And it was just recently changed back to it (he had it up while we were together).
3. His profile's song is 'Cantcha Say' by Boston [and he has the lyrics posted, another thing we always did.]
Here's the lyrics: Boston - Can'tcha Say lyrics

Boston was like our band, we would always jam to Foreplay/Long Time; the first time he saw the title he thought it said 'Foreskin/Long Time' :p

Sigh. I suck.

don't expect it, don't look for it, and it will find you. If you do look for it, and do expect it, it becomes obvious and it will never happen. Be cool, act as if he is the last thing you need. Put yourself on his level, don't put him on a pedestal. Display your own true value as a human being, which has nothing to do with whether you are with him or not. And never should.
That's some really good advice. And I know it's totally true. It's just difficult; every time I see him, everything comes flooding back into my memory. Things which I had believed to be forgotten. That actually helped a lot, I guess somehow I never thought of it that way.

No, I definitely don't think a year is "too much." The one time I've ever gotten back together with an ex, it was four years later!

Steve

4 Years? Gosh. I doubt we'll even remember each other in 4 years (....okay who am I kidding? lol) He's probably going to college like 2 hours east, which is about 20 minutes from one of my college picks, but my other pick is 2.5 hours west. lol. If anything happens, it'd have to be soon. He wants to go into a law enforcement-CSI type job, and I'm a computer geek, so I think work is available just about anywhere for either of us. I'm totally one of those people who would move for someone. Hm. We'll see.

D

deleted298367

Damn, this is good stuff :)

Lol, but it's killer to live it. I find myself zoned out daydreaming about him and it's depressing. It's warm here, sorta spring ish, and just being outside at a restaurant tonight reminded me of him, we went on a spring break trip together. Sigh