Getting Disconnected

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The phone company has already disconnected my cell phone and my internet is likely next. I am behind on my bill because the state suddenly cut off my cash assistance suddenly in an attempt to force me back to work.

The phone company has no compassion they just worry about their bottom line. Just wanted to thank everyone here for being so great. I have no idea when I will be able to come back after I am disconnected.

Being online really is the only socialization I get. Also the one place I was connected to a support group for this damn inner ear disease. Now I will have no outlet. There are no groups in the area, plus I wouldn't have a way there.
Online was the primary place I keep up on research and checking for information of medications to make sure I am not going to have a reaction and what to watch out for.

But thanks again to everyone, it will likely be months before I either get hired somewhere (what a joke) or get my aid back from the state.

Kim

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So let me see if I am getting this correctly-your connections to the outside world (phone and Internet) are to be terminated and yet they still expect you to be able to find work. Hmm..and just how are the prospective employers supposed to contact you when they determine you are suitable for the job, pending an interview? (Taking the presumption; that, you were able to fax a resume to them prior to the utility shutdown.)

The absurdities of big business and government agencies working in conjunction against the common person never ceases to amaze me. I hope this works itself through quickly and smoothly for you.