Getting drunk really CAN make a straight guy go gay

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Or at least that's the case with male fruit flies...

The researchers got the flies drunk on the fumes of an ethanol-doused cotton pad placed at the base of the chamber, and filmed them using a camera held above the Flypub's transparent ceiling.

Male Drosophila will normally only court females, following them and vibrating their wings in a courtship "song", before attempting to copulate.

The first time they were exposed to alcohol, groups of male flies became noticeably intoxicated but kept themselves to themselves. But with repeated doses of alcohol on successive days, homosexual courtship became common.

From the third day onwards, the flies were forming "courtship chains" of amorous males.

Randy flies reveal how booze affects inhibitions - life - 03 January 2008 - New Scientist

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Deep down, all fruit flies really are bisexual, but it takes the alcohol to let them break free of their inhibitions, imposed on them by the heavy-handed mores of modern fruit fly society. :tongue:

Yeah, but we need to discourage that kind of behavior. Next thing you know, the fruits - uh, I mean the fruit flies - will want to get married. :tongue:

Only regular flies should be able to get married. Fruit flies should be happy with domestic partnerships and civil unions.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I knew they were gay.... "fruit" flies. :biggrin1:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
There are also recent studies that suggest crystal meth allows straight guys to break free from the sexual inhibitions that bind them. Two snorts and 15 minutes later the jeans start to come off.

I don't have data on crystal meth and fruit flies however.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know about the validity of the data. I must associate with some real straight arrows, because there is not enough cocktails or drugs in the world to make them gay, same could be said for the gay people I know...Is a really good happy hour going to make them straight? Doubt it!

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Or at least that's the case with male fruit flies...

The researchers got the flies drunk on the fumes of an ethanol-doused cotton pad placed at the base of the chamber, and filmed them using a camera held above the Flypub's transparent ceiling.

Male Drosophila will normally only court females, following them and vibrating their wings in a courtship "song", before attempting to copulate.

The first time they were exposed to alcohol, groups of male flies became noticeably intoxicated but kept themselves to themselves. But with repeated doses of alcohol on successive days, homosexual courtship became common.

From the third day onwards, the flies were forming "courtship chains" of amorous males.

Randy flies reveal how booze affects inhibitions - life - 03 January 2008 - New Scientist

reminded me of this video about the effects of drugs on spiders.
YouTube - Spiders On Drugs

Last edited:

YoungHungMachine

Sexy Member
Media
Dunno, I cant drink.... legally,
When I do I become an 'I love you drunk' calling everybody I know on my phone and telling them I love them.
However if certain good looking HUGE cock were there, yeah Id go for it haha.