Getting firm after shedding off those pounds

NiceDude

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey guys!

It has been a while since I posted. I lost quite a lot of weight after I finally found the discipline to 'shake those pounds off'. I lost around 15 kilo's and around 20 cm (8 inches) around the waist. I've never been as lean in my whole life.

I am working out (3-4 times a week) and doing a lot of abdominal training but I have been chubby for pretty much my whole life before this new era... so my skin is a bit loose around my stomach, not disturbingly but still enough to annoy me...

So any tips except for working out to firm up? Any special creams or lotion that actually work? Special nutrition to help me in the process?

I know I need to be patient and keep that gym routine, but a few extra tips are always welcome...

Sabln9A

Sexy Member
Media
I have lost 81 pounds since June. The hanging, loose skin is a real problem for me. It can be surgically removed, but my insurance will not pay for it, and I can't afford it. As far as working out goes, at my age, my doctor says that it is unlikely that I can tighten the skin up through exercise--I will develop stronger muscles but will still have the hanging skin. If anyone else knows anything about this, let us know.

NiceDude

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorry to hear that mate, luckily for me it's mostly vanity but after so much work I want the best possible result and a beach proof look. Filling it up w muscles instead of fat seems to be the most common thought but there must be stuff to help us too.

Hotasballs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a friend who lost a significant amount of weight and had the hanging skin issue. He go the surgery to cut off the excess skin in order to tighten him up. He still wasn't happy with his body because of the scars and the fact the he still didn't look the way others did. It seems to be a real problem.

House21

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm facing similar problems. Basically, once I hit college I started gaining weight due to my inactive lifestyle. I went from 200 pounds to 245 over the course of about four years. During that time I got severe stretch marks around my stomach and upper thighs where I was gaining the most weight.

I've recently started exercising daily and have lost about 20 pounds. The stretch marks remain, but they aren't as ugly/bright pink as they used to be. I'm worried that as I continue to lose weight the skin will sag.

Unfortunately I consider this to be part of the nature of aging. Our skin loses elasticity as we age, which is why we have saggy skin and wrinkles to begin with. My "combat plan" if you will is to lose weight until I'm down to about 210-215, then try to build muscle to help fill out the skin and make me look a little better overall. I'm 32 years old, so I'm starting to face facts that the glory days are behind me. At this point I don't think being completely firm is possible, but that doesn't mean we can't put in some effort and still look good. Anyone who knows you will probably comment you on how you've put in the effort and how good you look because of it.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I sort of have the same problem. I use to swim a lot and work out. Since turning 50 my metabolism has gone in the shitter. My chest has turned into man boobs and I have love handles and a horrible fat pad around my crotch/balls. One friend says going into a regular workout routine will build muscle which will fill in where the sagging is now. My problem is finding the time to get into this routine.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I'm 32 years old, so I'm starting to face facts that the glory days are behind me. At this point I don't think being completely firm is possible...

Not true. With the right diet and exercise one can restore much of what was lost especially for someone as young as 32. As the old Air Force tag line used to compel, "Aim High".

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Congratulations everyone especially the OP, I too am struggling to loose weight not as much as what I have read but to become more fit, healthy etc. Like you all, what I was distraught about and I know it's vanity but I lost my "bubble" but. All I see is loose hanging wrinkled skin. But I take it in stride as the benefit of "almost" seeing a six pack and dimples of my hidden abs that is starting to show itself, rewards me of my hard work at the gym. Those love handles though is something else.
My question, not to take away from the OP but if you could ad a comment or two as well on what kind of gains have you seen in your penis size because of your weight lost? I've read that weight plays a great deal in hiding your actually size.
Thanks

92philip

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm a personal trainer, and what most people do wrong is that they only focus on their abs. If you are chubby in the stomach, abs are important, but you need to strengthen and weight train the entire body. Your body doesn't necessarily burn fat from your stomach, when you do ab workouts. In fact, it might be shedding fat from say, your arms, legs, etc. So it's important to train the entire body. Another thing you may want to consider is skin removal surgery. It's very expensive and invasive, however, the results are good. you will feel better, it will be easier to lose more weight and tone up, and you'll look dramatically smaller. If all that's left is skin, that's probably ur best option

D_William Howard Shaft

Account Disabled
Media
Congrats on the weight loss guys. Having lost about 50 lbs here, i found the key to getting fit is to participate in activities which motivates you. Personally I love spin classes and weight training. Being in the gym motivates me, especially seeing the various stages other people are at. Also, after my workout, taking the time to look at myself and appreciate how my body is evolving also motivates me. The changes do not happen overnight, but after a few months of solid workouts, I started to see some changes...and I am pleased with the progress...which motivates me even more.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Congrats on the weight loss guys. Having lost about 50 lbs here, i found the key to getting fit is to participate in activities which motivates you. Personally I love spin classes and weight training. Being in the gym motivates me, especially seeing the various stages other people are at. Also, after my workout, taking the time to look at myself and appreciate how my body is evolving also motivates me. The changes do not happen overnight, but after a few months of solid workouts, I started to see some changes...and I am pleased with the progress...which motivates me even more.

You're right and congratulations. You know what motivates me? In 5 years I'll be 5 years older. I can choose to be as fit as I can be or not. Either way, I'll be still 5 years older. Time isn't going to stop but we can do what we can to make it conform to our vision.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Just took a look at your pics and you look great. More importantly when I see guys like you who look great after loosing weight and attribute some of it with exercise, I am more motivated to take my workouts more seriously. Need to loose another 20lbs and I will be at an ideal weight for me. Motivation have been up and down. I want to look like you, six pack, fit, and tight. Can't replicate the hair though,lol. I do find that to also be sexy. Anyway thanks for sharing. Good luck to everyone else in their challenges.

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a personal trainer, and what most people do wrong is that they only focus on their abs. If you are chubby in the stomach, abs are important, but you need to strengthen and weight train the entire body. Your body doesn't necessarily burn fat from your stomach, when you do ab workouts. In fact, it might be shedding fat from say, your arms, legs, etc. So it's important to train the entire body. Another thing you may want to consider is skin removal surgery. It's very expensive and invasive, however, the results are good. you will feel better, it will be easier to lose more weight and tone up, and you'll look dramatically smaller. If all that's left is skin, that's probably ur best option

I am in love with you.