Getting Hooked With True Crime Shows

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I watch a lot of true crime. I’m really curious about the why’s. Who are these people? What’s their motivation? It’s interesting.

Ikr? Especially the serial ones. The psycho ones. My top 2 most favorites currently are Jodi Arias and Chris Watts. What's yours?

Reactions: tekno99 and gleeee

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think a lot of people have a morbid curiosity. Plus if you watch one or two, your Netflix recommendations turn pretty murdery (I know)

I also read that the reason why lots of people like it is because it gives them an illusion that they are not in the crime scene, the feeling that they are safe.

What's your favorite case?

Reactions: Xerb9

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ikr? Especially the serial ones. The psycho ones. My top 2 most favorites currently are Jodi Arias and Chris Watts. What's yours?
Chris’s Watts was something else. I just don’t get him at all. Not intellectually, not emotionally, just not at all. Currently I’m watching a bunch of stuff on Mark Redwine. I’m gobsmacked.

If you watch YouTube at all, check out Stephanie Harlowe. Really well researched, in depth analysis.

Reactions: kabanesenpai

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Chris’s Watts was something else. I just don’t get him at all. Not intellectually, not emotionally, just not at all. Currently I’m watching a bunch of stuff on Mark Redwine. I’m gobsmacked.

If you watch YouTube at all, check out Stephanie Harlowe. Really well researched, in depth analysis.

Ikr? He also kinda dumb. Haha
Alright will check out her channel. Right now i go to JCS and Bailey Sarian channels.

There was also this case where the family had to use NASA just to track or recognize the probable killer because the cctv captured but didn't capture the face. It was covered by a fence. Afterore than a decade now the case is still unsolved. Cases like this its crazy how some can just get away with it.

Reactions: zazazaottantanove

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Alright will check out her channel. Right now i go to JCS and Bailey Sarian channels.

There was also this case where the family had to use NASA just to track or recognize the probable killer because the cctv captured but didn't capture the face. It was covered by a fence. Afterore than a decade now the case is still unsolved. Cases like this its crazy how some can just get away with it.
JCS and Bailey are great channels!

D

deleted848353

Check out eleanor neale on YouTube as well

Xerb9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it weird to like watching real crime shows? I just recently got hooked and I don't know if it's weird or okay. Or if anyone is or has been experiencing it too?
It's not weird, that's why those shows often run as a marathon on certain TV channels.

Reactions: ronin001

Luvcutdick

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, if what you are saying is that binge watching these shows is weird, then count me in as weird.

During the Trump Era I was glued to CNN to find out what craziness was going on. Well, a lot of that has died down and now I have this void.

Now I have replaced this "void" with a lot of True Crime series i.e. A&E, HLN .......

True Crime week starts Aug 15/21 and I have it marked on my calendar. I at least find this educational. It also gives insight into the small percentage of the population who are really fucked and commit crime.

For sheer numbness, I watch 90 Day Fiance and Darcey & Stacey. All of those characters are fucked, but not to the level of criminals.

I am 66 y.o. I would never have thought 30 years ago that tv would move from Dallas, Falconcrest, Dynasty ( all scripted ) to all this Reality TV and I would get just as hooked as I was back then.

Sad ??? I dunno........................... but filling my time with LPSG is equally as entertaining. I think my life legacy will be noted as an addiction to society's behaviors

Reactions: g0nz0 and Player_01

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife loves these type of shows. I asked her what the fascination was and best answer she came up with is it was intriguing to her that these people could do these things and some of them get away with it for so long. She especially likes Ted Bundy for some reason.

D

deleted5501621

I watch some but stay mostly with the crime guys as the Mob....it is history and they had no conscience in what they did or how they acted!

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My wife loves these type of shows. I asked her what the fascination was and best answer she came up with is it was intriguing to her that these people could do these things and some of them get away with it for so long. She especially likes Ted Bundy for some reason.

same! its fascinating to tap into killers psych. especially those psycho narcissistic ones. Tell her to watch Jodi Arias case from her cross on to her sentencing :D

Reactions: deleted5501621