Getting married before the election

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, it's going to happen. My partner of ten years and I are going to be married in a couple of weeks. We had been talking about it for several month and at first didn't want to do it for fear of Prop 8 passing and having it taken away from us. But we changed our minds. We don't have to wait for bunch or right wing control freaks to give us permission to marry. This is our moment in time and it's time to step up.
Dave

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes, it's going to happen. My partner of ten years and I are going to be married in a couple of weeks. We had been talking about it for several month and at first didn't want to do it for fear of Prop 8 passing and having it taken away from us. But we changed our minds. We don't have to wait for bunch or right wing control freaks to give us permission to marry. This is our moment in time and it's time to step up.
Dave

Congratulations, Dave.

Hey let them deal with your honeymoon lovemaking.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, it's going to happen. My partner of ten years and I are going to be married in a couple of weeks.
Dave

Mazeltov, Dave! Congratulations. Good move, elections or not. Even if Prop8 passes, it won't be long before it gets tossed out, no matter how it is written, as an unconstitutional deprivation of rights under the US constitution. US citizens have to be treated equally, period. Eventually, federal and state laws will have no choice but to see this as an equality issue. In the meantime, your own rights will be protected, your relationship, and your wonderful life as a good couple. Mazeltov.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dave

congrats dave....great news!

hope you are very happy together :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Congrats to you and your partner....soon to be hubby. :wink::biggrin1:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey friends,
We went down and got our marriage license yesterday. We were both kind of braced for some attitude but the clerk was really nice. When we arrived there was a lesbian couple ahead of us. As we were being helped, two other male couples walked in. This was not LA or SF. It was Oroville, population about 20,000.
We are going to pick out wedding bands today. The ceremony will be performed by a Buddhist monk/priest. Way cool!
Dave