Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I knew this girl for two years, and then started to like her cuz it takes me a long time to get comfortable around people. We had lots of intimate conversations but never went out. I am emotionally attached to her. Not in love, but emotionally attached I'd say. She's moving away so doesn't feel the same way. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but I was wondering how do you get over something like this. I have even cried about this before. I have not cried since I was 13 or so. I'm almost 23 now. I mean, I really care a lot about her. She's the first girl I've ever gotten to know. I'm sick about her all day. Did not know I had feelings like this till now.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aw! Ok, first of all did you tell her how you feel? I mean if she is leaving now is your chance to tell her. You never know maybe she feels the same way and thinks that you do not have those feelings for her?

Now to get over her. Honestly nothing but time will really help you there. I would suggest trying to find things to do to fill your time. MIND consuming things that require concentration so your thoughts can not be filled with her. Everyday will get better. Goodluck!

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not to be contrary but I think you might be "in love" with her somewhat, especially if you have a longing feeling for her. That sick feeling sounds very much like separation anxiety to me. You don't want to lose her as an intimate friend. Personally I would tell her how you feel. I think at least by doing that you'll be able to unburden yourself of some of the pain. I hope you're feeling better soon.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, you have fallen in love with her...and never been on a date! The issue, of course, is that you are not sure if she feels for you the way you feel for her. Unfortunately, there is no way to know except to be forthright and honest with her about your feelings. It is a difficult thing to do because it will be painful to find out that she thinks of you as only a very close friend. But it is something you must do before she moves...you will not have another chance. It is easier to just let her go...but you will then never know. Trust me...you can get over the pain of rejection. But if you don't find out now, she will always be the proverbial big fish that got away.

grandunification

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL, I'm not in love with her! You have to date for many months for that to happen. You can't love somebody without ever even kissing them. We just studied together for 2 years and went out one time. Then we had many text conversations about some intimate details of her life. That does not equal love. I do have an attachment though.

I have told her how I feel, and she is leaving anyways. It's okay, but it really hurts that she does not even want to be friends anymore. I think she's embarrassed somewhat about all of the stuff we've talked about, which I don't want to reveal.

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL, I'm not in love with her! You have to date for many months for that to happen. You can't love somebody without ever even kissing them. We just studied together for 2 years and went out one time. Then we had many text conversations about some intimate details of her life. That does not equal love. I do have an attachment though.

I have told her how I feel, and she is leaving anyways. It's okay, but it really hurts that she does not even want to be friends anymore. I think she's embarrassed somewhat about all of the stuff we've talked about, which I don't want to reveal.

Who told you that load of BS :confused: Face it, you are in love with this girl :rolleyes:

You have two choices; 1) pursue her and make something of it or 2) do nothing and try to get over this lost opportunity

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can fall in love in one meeting. In one glance. In one sentence. Don't fool yourself. Love has few rules.

You should examine the fact that she doesn't want to be friends anymore. It is either because she wants to be more than friends and friendship isn't enough for her...or because she was, unfortunately, just a study mate and there is nothing else there. You should still tell her how much she means to you and that you want to hold on to her to see if something else can develop. She will either part company...or recognize that there is something she might want for the future as well.

Last edited:

Nd10

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes life takes us on a journey and we loose people along the way for all kinds of reasons.
Come what may do not rely on hatred or resent it will be a regret you will hold a life time.
Remember the happy times you shared.