Getting quieter, going back to normal around here.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Hickboy, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

All we needed was a place to send our trolls off to, and some kind soul provided one. I want to thank our benefactor from the bottom of my heart.

2. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

If those are your honest thoughts then perhaps you should consider a link to “troll hell” in your sig?

3. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fuck, its too quiet!!!! :rolleyes:

4. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Nah, the management doesn't like it. I've got other people I want to piss off.

5. Duality

Duality New Member

A topic to talk about the current state of LPSG? Finally! We were in dire need of one!

6. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:

Glad you're still here to help set the right tone, Hickboy.

7. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

I oddly enjoyed the 'trolls' bit of controversy keeps the place lively

8. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Was that sarcasm? I never can tell.

9. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Somebody's gotta step up! :biggrin1:

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I quite enjoy sites when they get fractious, it sure as hell beats threads on rate my cock.

11. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    This new thread seems calculated to disturb the move towards less acrimony. It comes across as baiting.

Rather because of a commitment by Rob_E for reform (my take) of moderator abuses.

That reform should allow people who have been banned without good reason back, if they wish.

It might also happen that moderators who have abused the good opinion of the members be removed. (several who had my good opinion before last Saturday do not have it now)

And if it turns out to be just mollification, things are very likely to get even more heated.

12. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    shall I stir things up????

13. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

http://www.lpsg.org/relationships-d...dness-and-interpersonal-drama.html#post339211

14. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Fixed that for you, dear boy.

Yes, please.

15. burns1de

Gold Member

As much as this post will most likely turn this thread into yet another flame war, I have to agree. :biggrin1: It seems that all the LPSG rejects and bitter fucks have ended over there, including several whom I either did not care for, couldn't stand or who were on my ignore list. Not a whole lot of big losses from what I can see and read from that place, mostly a lot of bitching and drama, two things I no longer care for.

Good riddance.

16. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I think some of the members still interested in this topic who are still somewhat hot headed need to calm down a little. I've personally just been enjoying myself and poking fun at how awful the us mods are hehe. I think Hick was just joking around, a recent banned member went over there and immediately caused trouble even in their clean "superior" website. Chill people, things are better now like Burnside said, I happen to agree with a lot of what he said.

17. SexyFront

SexyFront New Member

I registered about a week ago and I haven't really seen any of these trolls spoken of. So far, most people are pretty mellow. I admit, there are some members I am starting to like more than others, and there are other members I am starting to dislike. If you really want to know who I am talking about, PM me. Anyway, from what I gather, things were even more mellow until some recent major changes?

I have read lots of recent threads, and nothing comes across as blatant. A few years ago, forums in general were like the wild west, and I am coming from that background, so everything I have seen so far seems like nothing. Things on the Internet are getting more regulated, especially sites that have interest in their members.

18. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I agree that things are "better" here... but that doesn't make things bad at the new place, either. Yes, a banned member went over there and started a bit of shit, but it ended right quickly as well. :smile: I'm enjoying the best of both worlds, really... I've been a member here forever, and have developed a lot of quasi-relationships with several of the members. I enjoy the amount of content that is on this site. But I also like the feeling of it being unmoderated at the new site. Will it stay that way? Who knows. But I enjoy being able to speak my mind without fear of being banned. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm flying off the handle and calling everyone names or anything, but it feels a little more... open there, I suppose. Not sure if that's the right word, but I hope you get the idea. Also, at the new site, I'm getting to know a few LPSG "legends" who have long since been banned, that I never got the opportunity to know over here. :smile: I did not join the new site as an attempt to disrespect Rob_E or this site. I did it for my own reasons, and I like it in both places.

Wow, that was a lot longer than I had intended. Sorry. :tongue:

19. findfirefox

Gold Member

*Starts angry rant*

20. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

Meg, as one of the more laid back moderators who is sometimes accused by some as doing absolutely nothing...what is this fear of being banned? As you know first hand today with WingNut, you can imagine why he was banned. I wish there was a way we could make the Moderator Forum viewable for a day or something, you'd see nothing crazy goes on there, no power trips, no plots against anyone. Its mostly playful banter between all of us as friends. I personally wouldn't mind giving out an explanation for why someone was banned either, because as someone with inside information, if the general population knew what I knew for all of these high publicity bannings, there wouldn't be such an uprising everytime it happens. I'm one of the few who support giving explanations though. The rest of my colleagues have their reasons why they're against it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.