Getting quieter, going back to normal around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Meg, as one of the more laid back moderators who is sometimes accused by some as doing absolutely nothing...what is this fear of being banned? As you know first hand today with WingNut, you can imagine why he was banned. I wish there was a way we could make the Moderator Forum viewable for a day or something, you'd see nothing crazy goes on there, no power trips, no plots against anyone. Its mostly playful banter between all of us as friends. I personally wouldn't mind giving out an explanation for why someone was banned either, because as someone with inside information, if the general population knew what I knew for all of these high publicity bannings, there wouldn't be such an uprising everytime it happens. I'm one of the few who support giving explanations though. The rest of my colleagues have their reasons why they're against it.

:hug: *Hugs the unknown forgot about moderator* :biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What I've found with new unmoderated sites is that they start off with the highest principles, then before you know it someone's calling for mods as the site gets beyond a few people who all have some sort of link, then its the same old same old.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What I've found with new unmoderated sites is that they start off with the highest principles, then before you know it someone's calling for mods as the site gets beyond a few people who all have some sort of link, then its the same old same old.

Yeah, that's kind of the idea I had in my head as well....

SexyFront

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
From my experience with forums, rowdiness starts when people post their point of view as a given or fact. The animosity that is presumably already associated with a specific topic turns into lashing out, and pretty soon everyone is calling each other names and not making any sense.

So many misunderstandings could get cleared up if someone puts an "I think" at the start of a post or before a title.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As much as this post will most likely turn this thread into yet another flame war, I have to agree. :biggrin1: It seems that all the LPSG rejects and bitter fucks have ended over there, including several whom I either did not care for, couldn't stand or who were on my ignore list. Not a whole lot of big losses from what I can see and read from that place, mostly a lot of bitching and drama, two things I no longer care for.

Good riddance.

Not so fast. Some of us are sticking around in both places. How 'bout them apples?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not so fast. Some of us are sticking around in both places. How 'bout them apples?

I wasn't refering to you, MB. :wink: I DO have specific names in mind, however, but I don't believe in public lynching. While there's perfectly nice and sexy people like you over there, from what I've seen so far on Big D's forum is less than stellar.

I guess this schism reminds me a little too much of my parents' divorce, haha - he said, she said, that kind of bullshit. Not for me, I'll stick with the now drama-light LPSG.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wasn't refering to you, MB. :wink: I DO have specific names in mind, however, but I don't believe in public lynching. While there's perfectly nice and sexy people like you over there, from what I've seen so far on Big D's forum is less than stellar.

I guess this schism reminds me a little too much of my parents' divorce, haha - he said, she said, that kind of bullshit. Not for me, I'll stick with the now drama-light LPSG.

Your point is well-taken. I hope I didn't come off as being snide, that wasn't my intention, but it occurred to me that many posters seem to feel that it's either BD's site or LPSG.org and i'm not taking that stance. I've been here for over a year and I have high hopes that this site can learn from recent events and make positive changes. I've decided to stay and see what transpires. I've always said if it stops being fun for me i'm gone. Well, i'm still having fun in the midst of all this chaos.

I have my suspicions that some of the people who decided to migrate to the other site need a breather from this place for a while. I know it seems like the site has a negative purpose, but maybe once everyone gets all the bitchiness out of their system, that site will be more productive than it appears at the moment.

This site needs a breather from all the hullaballoo as well. Rob_E's sticky is a marvelous idea and I applaud him for it. I can't wait to see what happens in the next few months.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was tempted to join the other site just to vote for myself as who should be fired. As a laid back moderator, the only people who ever think I should be fired are the people who think I don't do anything. Though most people lately are calling for less moderating...so I guess I'm in demand =p

Hehehe! That last line made me laugh. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.