Getting Tested

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Hey everyone!
I did it, I went and got tested for HIV and other STD's after nearly 2 years of not being certain of my status. And I tested negitive on all counts. I was scared and I had alot of "what if's" running through my mind during the 6 day waiting period. Yes, I had some sleepless nights.
Having been in a semi-open relationship that did involve barebacking, I've learned my lesson. I was lucky, but I've decided that open relationships are not really my thing on the whole. There are just too many possibilities that can go wrong. I was in the relationship for 7 years and I've decided that from here forward that our relationship must be monogumous for me to be comfortable. My partner comes home tomorrow evening and we are going to have a talk.
Just wanted to encourage ANYONE who isn't postive about their status to get tested. Its often free and you can have it done anonymously. Its part of being a man or woman is about. I feel so much better just knowing. We all owe it to ourselves.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It actually takes 6 whole days for the results to come through ? Somehow I always thought it was only a couple of days type thing. Or is that just if they are testing for one disease in particular ?

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
My partner works for the state health dept. and was able to get the results faster. My mind was racing, not an easy thing to go through.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey everyone!
I did it, I went and got tested for HIV and other STD's after nearly 2 years of not being certain of my status. And I tested negitive on all counts. I was scared and I had alot of "what if's" running through my mind during the 6 day waiting period. Yes, I had some sleepless nights.
Having been in a semi-open relationship that did involve barebacking, I've learned my lesson. I was lucky, but I've decided that open relationships are not really my thing on the whole. There are just too many possibilities that can go wrong. I was in the relationship for 7 years and I've decided that from here forward that our relationship must be monogumous for me to be comfortable. My partner comes home tomorrow evening and we are going to have a talk.
Just wanted to encourage ANYONE who isn't postive about their status to get tested. Its often free and you can have it done anonymously. Its part of being a man or woman is about. I feel so much better just knowing. We all owe it to ourselves.
:cool: Good advice...
Thx for sharing.:smile:
Be Safe, Be Careful, yet Enjoy!:wink:

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congratulation.....Waiting for the test can be a bother, but it's well worth it......:biggrin1:

It saddens me that people are not using protection like they did when AIDS was all over the news. It's still out there guys. Like a tiger waiting in the brush for it's next victim.
Please play safe and stay healthy.
:cool:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well, i'm stoked that yer tests came back negative. however...what possessed you, in this day and age, to have bareback anal sex? like, it's not just about HIV/AIDS either. there's genital warts, hepatitis, herpes. there's so many diseases you can catch from having unprotected sex.''

i don't mean to sound like a jackass, but like, please don't make any more stupid decisions like that again dude.

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for the replies, I want to clarify that between my partner and myself we did bareback but when anyone else was involved we did use protection. There is so much new crap out there floating around that I'm just not comfortable with it anymore, the open relationship thing, and I haven't been for a while now. My partner said he too is going to follow up and get tested.
Strangely, it wasn't the HIV thing that I was most concerned about when someone new was in our bedroom but rather the other STD's including genital warts. There is so much asymptomatic diseases out there and most don't even know they are carrying it.
We are a mature couple and I'm sure we will weather through this. Many gay couples eschews condoms after a certain period of time and some continues to use them regardless. It just depends on the choices the couple wants to make. Like I said, I'm in the process of rethinking the whole thing.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Strangely, it wasn't the HIV thing that I was most concerned about when someone new was in our bedroom but rather the other STD's including genital warts. There is so much asymptomatic diseases out there and most don't even know they are carrying it.
We are a mature couple and I'm sure we will weather through this. Many gay couples eschews condoms after a certain period of time and some continues to use them regardless. It just depends on the choices the couple wants to make. Like I said, I'm in the process of rethinking the whole thing.

OMG.......I can't believe I just read that statement. You say you are both a mature couple. With words like " it wasn't the HIV thing"....you are not mature. First off it is not a "thing"..it is a disease that is killing people around our world. It is this kind of thinking that concerns me today. Wake and see the proof....people need to get educated when it comes to HIV/AIDS....It's not rocket science. Just a little simple common sense, and maybe, just maybe, we as a whole can help stop the spread of the devastating disease.
:mad:

Sorry guys...I usually don't get this way, but come on....OMG.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OMG.......I can't believe I just read that statement. You say you are both a mature couple. With words like " it wasn't the HIV thing"....you are not mature. First off it is not a "thing"..it is a disease that is killing people around our world. It is this kind of thinking that concerns me today. Wake and see the proof....people need to get educated when it comes to HIV/AIDS....It's not rocket science. Just a little simple common sense, and maybe, just maybe, we as a whole can help stop the spread of the devastating disease.
:mad:

Sorry guys...I usually don't get this way, but come on....OMG.

quoted for mother fuckin truth!