Getting your finger and toe nails done.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by BirdinMo, Mar 13, 2009.

1. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    So I am sure alot of the woman get there finger and toe nails done but how many of you guys get your nails done? I do, my sister went to beauty school to do nails and she dose mine for free......When I can talk her into it. lol. I think they look so much better when a pro dose them insted of yourself. I always get a clear coat put on them to. Anyone else?

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

I don't don't have my nails professionally cared for. I'm afraid of the high risk of contracting fingernail/toenail fungus. And to keep The Squeeze happy I try to remember to clip, file, and buff them my fingernails instead of unconsciously biting them.

However, when I was 30 I belonged to a mountain climbing/hiking group made up of mostly granola engineers (those guys who get up and 3:00 AM, slap on their 3-pin cross country skis, and death march up nearby peaks a couple of times before breakfast just to get in some short powder runs).

During this time in my life I had passed out (mostly from exhaustion) at a party. During my deep snooze some friends took off my shoes and stockings, then painted all of my toenails a deep lustrous red. Basically, that's the end of the story. I didn't bother with the effort of removing the nail polish because I knew it would wear/wash off in a week or two.

Following Saturday I join my hiking buddies and we proceeded up Wheeler Peak in Nevada's Great Basin National Park. Although you can drive two thirds of the way there, the last four miles are not for the faint hearted. It was late spring and we slogged through plenty of melting snow fields. Finally, at the top of the peak we broke out the usual bottles of wine and odd stuff one buys to eat on a hike (smoked clams? Summer sausage (AKA stick meat), baguettes of French bread, and stinky cheeses).

We all had soaking wet feet and plenty of time to remove our hiking boots and wring out our several layers of wet socks. I pulled off my Vasque Whitneys, then removed my wool hiking socks only to blind my companions with brilliant red toenails. Everyone fell quiet. I simply shrugged my shoulders and stated, "It's a long story." But my hiking buddies never treated me quite the same after that colorful display.

#2 midlifebear, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  3. chrisj428

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Absolutely. I go for a buff instead of the polish as it yellowed my nails.

4. Niss87Maxx

Niss87Maxx New Member

Albums:
    I feel for anyone that cannot clip their own finger and toe nails, NOT. The guys want to be like the females, metrosexuals. Females spend hundreds of dollars on their hair and nails. What a waste of money just to please others. lol To spend lots of money on your apperance to please others makes me question about the people that share the world with me.

5. MattXXX

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I trim my nails whenever they're getting long. That's it.

6. cvcgolf

cvcgolf Active Member

Albums:
    Nails can be done myself.. I need someone to cut my hair and give me a massage.. I can't do these on my own.. It's that simple..

7. mj21045

mj21045 Member

Albums:
    As a treat, I'll go for pampering and get a mani and a pedi. Not on a regular basis cuz I can't afford it anymore. But maybe once, twice a year as a treat.

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I go someplace to get my finger and toe nails done every 10 days. I could do it myself but the lady who performs this service does a better job than I could... and it's not even that so much but it's a very relaxing experience. I also have a housekeeper... I could do my own cleaning but I prefer to have someone else do it.

9. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bite them. :biggrin1:

I cut mine whenever they need it - I hate the look of long nails. :redface:

10. MattXXX

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I bite my fingernails sometimes, but I always make them even. Use a trimmer or my fingers to do toes.

11. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

Since my wife and I are usually strapped for time we have people come to our house and do it. No clear coat for me but I do get a coat of some very bitter nail concoction so I won't bite my fingernails.

Draft saved Draft deleted