GFs mom disapproves of birth control.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
My gf's mom is giving her a lot of trouble about getting on birthcontrol. She brought it up once on her own and made a doctors appointment, then cancelled it. My girl brought it up to her a month later and she scheduled and appointment and cancelled it once again saying she is too young.

Weve been seeing each other for about 4 months. I just don't trust condoms enough to rely solely on them.

We've been using spermicidal jely with condoms so far, but that method is very messy and inconvenient.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, what industrialsize said.

But your gf can make an appointment herself. The doctor doesn't need the mom's approval...unless the system is different in America.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is her Mum's problem just cos of her age or is it religious or something else?

IMO it's your girlfriends decision and not her Mum's.
She should just get on with it.

shaftman800

Experimental Member
Media
Look up planned parenthood. It's there for guys like us. my gf's family is the same way. she has been on the pill for months now with out her parents knowing.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just be certain that the decision to use other birth control is your girlfriend's...not yours. It is her body that will ingest those drugs and it should be her choice...and her's alone.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
It doesnt seem to be a religious objection from her mom, she told her to wait a few months to consider it.

My girlfriend wants to be on it, she is pretty frustrated her mom won't let her go.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can't she go alone? Do the doctors in the US need approval of the parents before they can give the pill?

It'll also make her period easier (according to my sisters) so it's better for her.
Tell her mom this: look, we're having sex anyway, do you want her to get pregnant or not?

PS: that last one was a joke

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why don't you trust condoms? The main reason they say they are not 100% effective is based on couples that rely solely on condoms and sometimes have sex without them because they don't have one.

They usually rate any birth control method based on perfect use and typical use. With perfect use, condoms have a 2% pregnancy rate. With typical use it's 15%. But typical use would include people that use the condoms improperly or inconsistently.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Get her to make the appointment with the doctor, driver her there and help her pay for the 3 monthly injection with the bonus of no tablets to hide and remember to take.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Fuck that SLB, his girlfriend is a child.
17 year old child does not need a baby.
She is having sex and she should be on birth control.
End of story.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GF's mom disapproves of birth control.
Then don't fuck your gf's mom! :tongue: Sorry I couldn't resist a smart aleck remark. :redface:

My gf's mom is giving her a lot of trouble about getting on birth control. She brought it up once on her own and made a doctors appointment, then cancelled it. My girl brought it up to her a month later and she scheduled and appointment and cancelled it once again saying she is too young.
Why the hell is she discussing her sex life with her mom? :confused: Seriously, there is no reason for that. If she is old enough for sex she is old enough to handle the responsibility for birth control herself. Since you are the other party can't you drive her to a doctor or Planned Parenthood?

Weve been seeing each other for about 4 months. I just don't trust condoms enough to rely solely on them.
You must have been raised Catholic. :frown1: They have been the only men I have dated that think condoms don't work or shouldn't be used. Everyone else knows that the failure rate of condoms even when used incorrectly is still less than 5%.

We've been using spermicidal jelly with condoms so far, but that method is very messy and inconvenient.
I agree spermicidal jelly's are messy and inconvenient plus they taste horrible which ruins oral sex.

Does she approve of having a granddaughter?
Good Question!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Then don't fuck your gf's mom! :tongue: Sorry I couldn't resist a smart aleck remark. :redface:
Yet another example of why I love your humor!

As far as the failure rate of condoms, even 1% would be too risky for me. The last thing a 17 year old needs is an unwanted pregnancy. Raising a child is such a serious responsibility, yet so many people treat it like getting a new puppy or kitten. Perhaps that's part of the reason that our society is such a mess.

My suggestion: vary your sex life so it's not always intercourse until birth control becomes available.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WHOA!

As long as you "Feel The Need to Cheat" you have no choice but to use condoms with all the women you fuck. :12: Anything less is not just dangerous and stupid; but life threatening. You have no right to risk the life of your girlfriend or any other woman. Then again that may just be the kind of guy you are. :irked: :angryfire2:

And men have the nerve to wonder why so many women have built up huge walls around themselves and distrust men so much. It's because of guys like fak_et. :mad:

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
She is obviously telling her mother about her appointments with the Doctor so she is able to discuss matters wth her. This is a good sign.

Is her mother under the mistaken impression that she is not having sex and will not be having sex untill she is on birth control? Maybe your gf needs to tell her that this is not the case and that she doesn't feel that it is safe or responsible to rely only on condoms.

In any event it seems that she does not need to talk to her own Doctor but can go elswhere for advise and a precription.