Ghetto Hissy Fit (club)

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, you know... It's about time someone stood up to these people. I understand her anger at the judges and the show that makes it sound like large people are somehow ugly, diseased, addicted, compulsive, and in denial if we are happy being who we are. Her reaction shows you all what it honestly feels like dealing with fat prejudice in this society. It's genuine rage against bigotry and second class treatment.

While her style might be problematic, I understand her outrage.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't understand it at all. It's a weight loss show.

Thank God there was an educated black man there to tell her to "have some class".

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i can understand her feelings, but thats not the way you express them. i for one would have shown at least a little gratitude. she had lost some weight in the program and looked much better because of it. if she had calmly and intelligently explained how she felt, still expressing offhandedly how she disapproves of their methods and doesn't like them, then she could have been commended for that. but i guess it takes class to do that lol.

and look where she is now. does she still do that text-in "gameshow" on BET? haha.

starter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"have some class" - wow i'd be so mad if someone said that to me....i don't think he helped, i feel bad for her.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gawd, what nasty street trash. It's a shame that this kind of uncivilized semi-human debris is permitted on television. Other impressionable idiots will assume this is reasonable/appropriate behavior when presented with a problem, and that can't help anybody.

"Have some class?" That individual never will.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow, you know... It's about time someone stood up to these people. I understand her anger at the judges and the show that makes it sound like large people are somehow ugly, diseased, addicted, compulsive, and in denial if we are happy being who we are. Her reaction shows you all what it honestly feels like dealing with fat prejudice in this society. It's genuine rage against bigotry and second class treatment.

While her style might be problematic, I understand her outrage.

"Problematic?" OMG. But maybe I'm unsympathetic because I got off my very fat ass and dropped 75 pounds to get to a healthy weight 3 years ago, and have maintained it since. It can be done, and I did it without blaming and demonizing others.

Of course, if I had chosen to continue sitting on my very fat ass I guess it might be more convenient to "understand her anger." It's a hell of a lot easier, and I can congratulate myself with a fried Twinkie for my moral superiority!

But she's still street trash.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I would have been more impressed by her argument if I could have understood a word she was screaming - other than the repetitions of 'fuck' and 'bust my butt every week' the vast majority of that went over my head... but that may have been the sound quality. :tounge-in-cheek:

As for the repetitive 'Have some class' idiot - well, he just wanted to make sure he got his little sound bite on film and ended up looking (nearly) as stupid as her.

I know what simcha is saying, and for the most part I agree, but why did she agree to go on a weight loss show if she didn't want to be told to lose weight? Oh and who the hell is she anyway?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Problematic?" OMG. But maybe I'm unsympathetic because I got off my very fat ass and dropped 75 pounds to get to a healthy weight 3 years ago, and have maintained it since. It can be done, and I did it without blaming and demonizing others.

Of course, if I had chosen to continue sitting on my very fat ass I guess it might be more convenient to "understand her anger." It's a hell of a lot easier, and I can congratulate myself with a fried Twinkie for my moral superiority!

I think the 'style' Simcha was referring to was the way she expressed her anger not the cause of it. He wasn't demonising or blaming anyone, but suggesting that in programmes such as this, overweight people are targets of fun.

I don't know why you're apparently so angry, or at what.

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the 'style' Simcha was referring to was the way she expressed her anger not the cause of it.
I don't know why you're apparently so angry, or at what.

I understand that Simcha was referring to the way she expressed her anger.

My discomfort (or anger, if that makes you feel better) is that low-rent, low-life behavior is presented to the masses as something like an acceptable norm. I think this is part of what contributed to the acceptance of the street thug lifestyle in the US and the soccer hooligan lifestyle in Europe.

I think civilized, polite, respectful behavior is a good thing. I do understand that many disagree.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i agree with you visual. and reading some of the comments on youtube that were along the lines of "you go girl!" and the like prove your point all the more and make me hang my head in shame. it takes an intelligent and civilized person to realize that her rudeness and ignorance defeated her own purpose and definitely made her out to be the "biggest loser" in that situation. she deserves no praise for that.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand that Simcha was referring to the way she expressed her anger.

OK, it's just your response indicated otherwise.

My discomfort (or anger, if that makes you feel better) is that low-rent, low-life behavior is presented to the masses as something like an acceptable norm. I think this is part of what contributed to the acceptance of the street thug lifestyle in the US and the soccer hooligan lifestyle in Europe.

Discomfort, anger - I've no real feelings about it either way. You appeared more angry than discomforted is all, and I did qualify my remark with apparent anger.

I think civilized, polite, respectful behavior is a good thing. I do understand that many disagree.

For the most part I'd agree, but of course that's not everyone's nature and in my opinion volatility doesn't automatically equate to stupidity nor being dismissed as "trailer trash", whatever that really is. People have a breaking point, she evidently reached hers.

It's a shame it happened on a television show. The show is the problem, not her. Or perhaps and more disturbingly, contemporary society's increasing demand for cheap titillation at the expense of others?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I always wonder why people who lose a great deal of weight are so hard on people who have trouble doing it. There should be some sort of understanding of how difficult it really is.

The rage of Caliban seeing his own face in a glass/ the rage of Caliban not seeing his own face in a glass perhaps?

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really I don't know how you can be so nasty when you've been through the same exact treatment that she is having to endure. Losing that weight certainly hasn't helped your attitude for your fellow wo/man
Since when is rudeness equated with ghetto behavior?
Black folks naturally act obnoxious and rude?
Is that what your alluding to?
cigarbabe:saevil:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just got done watching it no more than 5 minutes ago-
Talk about a full tilt MELTDOWN!!
That chick was going apeshit on Dr Ian like no one else did. Dustin did surprise me tho, taking responsiblity as team captain, tho he could've not wimped out after the hill climb and got back later.
Tho, he & Willie Aames seem to have good teamwork.