Ghost hunting shows: Why so many?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
YOU can believe what you like...

I have had plenty of experiences that I could have CHOSEN to interpret as "ghosts"... but instead, I simply suspected my own perceptions, first... and what do you know.... investigating what may have been taken for a ghost ALWAYS reveals a perfectly understandable trick of the light... a conventionally attributable light source...

Experiencing something for yourself is NOT evidence of anything.

You want proof?
Here's perfect proof... every single night of your life, while you sleep, you experience things for yourself, in your dreams, that never "really happened".

Your brain can CREATE a very real feeling experience out of thin air... that is entirely mental... with no bearing on reality whatsoever.

This computer doesn't work on beliefs and personal experience.... it, like all the other wonders of modern living, worked entirely on the basis of ONLY accepting that which can be demonstrated to be true.

The biggest fault of ghost believers, and conspiracy nuts, is in placing far too much credence in "personal recollections of personal experience" and not nearly enough on actual evidence.

People are poor observers and their memories are malleable.

Evidence is not malleable.
Did the shuttle break up? Yes, parts rained down all over.
REAL events leave REAL evidence.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My experience was not my own nor was it always a Ghost that was seen. What happened to me and members of my family, yes they were around when these things occurred.

Here are a couple examples of things that happened with MULTIPLE people around. You can try to explain it as a trick of the light if you wish to try....

* The shower going on ...then off...toilet flushing...and then the hair dryer coming on. Especially when no one is in the bathroom at the time... 5 of us looking at each other and opening the door... no one is in the bathroom...the hair dryer is unplugged and the cord wrapped around it in the vanity drawer. hmmmm

* Every night around a certain time it sounds as if people are walking on your front porch...no one ever there when you open the door...and it starts up again after you shut the door. We sprinkled baking powder on the porch...covering it...and let it happen for a while. We flip on the lights and look out to see no foot prints on the powder. *try putting some on the floor and stepping on it* you cant help but make a foot print.

* I'm laying on the floor watching tv...with my family. I'm wrapped in a quilt and shivering cold...but I'm right in front of the wood burning stove freezing. However, the people in the other parts of the same room are fine and warm. Weird place for a cold spot don't ya' think?

You can try to discredit those experiences as tricks of the mind...but when multiple people are there and witness these things together...with no preconceived notion that a place is "haunted", then you can try to come up with a better answer than what we ALL concluded from just these three things happening in the same old house. Other things happened...but these were the top experiences that I remember from that time.

REAL events...
REAL evidence...

We all have the same memories of the same time and experiences...nothing dreamed...made up or drug related :)

so before discrediting something...do what others do...try to find out if you can discredit it with your own experience of the situation.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
bullshit.
'
Do a search on optical illusions.

Your whole family will have the exact same response to every optical illusion you will find online because the ALL human's visual cortices decode visual stimuli in the same way.

Its why ALL the hispanics can see the virgin mary in the tortilla...

Because they all start with the same visual cortex and all have the same prejudiced view of religious imagery.
So they all misperceive alike... in the way that fits their preconceived notions of how to interpret abiguous imagery.

You and yours see what you were TOLD to see by your upbringing.
And, chances are... ONE of you made a SUGGESTION that led the other's to interpret the experience in the same way... you have shared and recounted the experience, together, which tends to homogenize the 'version" of events that you will all swear was your initial experience...

Again... your trust in your individual experiences is unrealistic and ignores the well documented and proven faults in human perception and memory.

Your recollections are untrustworthy.
Your personal experience is evidence of nothing but your imagination, unless and until you can PROVE otherwise with concrete evidence.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AS I stated... there was nothing to see... this felt, heard, and tested. Nothing Optical about it. AGAIN, you cannot prove nothing happened...your beliefs are such that you discount things you know nothing about. It goes both ways. You keep going to the optical when I stated in OP that I made that it was NOT something seen.

Call bullshit if you like...we can just agree to disagree here and not make it about a fight which neither of us can prove or disprove at this point. This forum isn't meant for fighting.

However, I would LOVE to see your reaction to a similar situation in person.

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are all making it soooo complicated to expalin a simple step in the circle of life...
Just because you can't prove it doesnt mean it isn't there...

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
....and then this bullshit about "orbs" -- which are only dust reflecting light.
I agree about the orbs, they are just specs of dust out of focus....
But still... there are some things that some of us have experianced [us meaining those who dont need to be medicated...] that can not be explained away....

:firedevil:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
you are incorrect.

YOU can not explain them away... or , more likely, you failed to investigate the event sufficiently to ascertain what it really was...

but that does not mean they can not be explained.

shyvixen_chicago

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe in ghosts because strange, unexplained things have happened to myself and members of my family. However, I don't necessarily believe in some of these ghost hunting shows. Some look as if they're pushing (fixing?) things to happen. At least on "Ghost Hunters", they're more than willing to debunk the hauntings. (And since there are some hot guys on the show, that doesn't hurt either.) But GH also has its moment when they see or hear things and I'm watching, thinking to myself "I didn't see/hear anything". Maybe you have to be there. I also think that in some cases, if there are spirits in a place, why would they want to come out when you have all of these people walking around, making noise and generally being a disturbance?

I don't necessarily believe in "ghosts" but there are supernatural occurances. (I do however think that there could be UFO's.) I enjoy the Sci-Fi channel's Ghost Hunters because of one of the TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) co-hosts, Grant Wilson.

There is also a sexy guy (I'll have to look up his name) on the Ghost Hunters International series.

The team(s) go out and investigate and normally try to debunk theories and supposed sightings of ghosts and unexplained situations. While most wind up nothing....a few have had some strange believe-it-or not happenings.

i just wanted to put my two cents in here because i have a major crush on Grant Wilson from Ghost Hunters. he's so totally cute, and there's something about his calm demeanor and humble personality that just makes me want a boyfriend like right now. :tongue: