Gift help: burberry trench or louis vuitton keepall 55?

Which should I choose?

• Burberry Trench

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Louis Vuitton Keepall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I need some help. I am trying to decide on which item to choose to give as a gift.
I have narrowed down my choice to either a mid-length Burberry trench or Louis Vuitton Keepall 55 in damier graphite. This is for a very good friend and I am having a tough time making the call. I know that he would use and appreciate either. They are basically the same price, so that does not come into play. Your thoughts (or other suggestions)?
LV Keepall 55.jpg
burberry trench.jpg

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Has your friend said anything to you to suggest that he's at all interested in either of those two items ? If not, maybe a gift voucher from one of those stores might be a better idea.

@jumbo747jet he has not said specifically that he wants these.
However, I know that he has a couple of LV items in the damier graphite and loves them. The keepall 55 is the largest duffle you can get that will still work as a carry on with most airlines. Would be great for travel.
And at the same time loves Burberry as well and the Burberry trench always looks good.

I really don't ever like giving gift vouchers because to me it is like I was just handing someone cash. It seems too impersonal.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
How much of the year is a trench coat useful in Arkansas? Is it a two season item?
I ask because I was educated in Oklahoma, and aside from downtown Tulsa and OKC, and the random professor, I never saw them. I think of them as more coastal and northern items.

Now, your friend may be exceedingly stylish, and able to pull these off much better than the yokels.
On the not so country looking folks, leather was popular, and good grades of faux.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The coat. The Louis Vuitton brand is done now.
No gift certificates please. They say, "it's thought that counts" and gift certificates require very little.
Although taking him shopping is a nice idea. But it could get awkward too.

Well, the decision has been made. Just in conversation this weekend, he mentioned that he thought it would be nice to have a trench. That was easy.