Gift Idea for Obama Supporters

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I try not to be over-sensitive, but I think this is racist. (A trader at CBOT held one of these dolls up in the background during a recent CNBC report, too.) None of my black friends like cracks about their hair, since it just opens up the door to comments about physical characteristics. After all, when Imus got fired, was it the 'nappy-headed' or 'bitches' in his comment that was the problem? Haven't we gone beyond jokes about African-American hair, Jewish noses, etc?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
C'mon, will, lighten up.

The problem with these will be in keeping them close-cropped enough so that they don't look like Barack in high school.

Yeah Will, lighten up!

I'll treat you to lunch, maybe that will brighten your day.

Attachments

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah Will, lighten up!

I'll treat you to lunch, maybe that will brighten your day.

You are in so much trouble with someone I can think of right now, I can't tell you!! You di-n't post that pic, no you di-n't!

We've already had that discussion in another thread!

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I try not to be over-sensitive, but I think this is racist. (A trader at CBOT held one of these dolls up in the background during a recent CNBC report, too.) None of my black friends like cracks about their hair, since it just opens up the door to comments about physical characteristics. After all, when Imus got fired, was it the 'nappy-headed' or 'bitches' in his comment that was the problem? Haven't we gone beyond jokes about African-American hair, Jewish noses, etc?

Just about everything else that is synonymous with pop culture has been "chia-sized" over the years, which is why I can look at this Obama Chia and not even be phased by it. Besides, didn't they already make a Mr. T Chia back in the 80s? I can easily see how someone would be offended by Chia Obama. The hair growing in to simulate an afro and all. But this is just pushing it. And believe me, I rarely EVER agree with Pitbull. Just a warning to Pitbull, however... don't push it.

And BTW sparky11point5, none of your black or minority friends make wisecracks about hair? No references to Soul Glo, Care Free Curl, Dark & Lovely, S-Curl or any form of jherri derivative? Haven't seen the "Straight & Nappy" skit from School Daze from Spike Lee? Surely your life isn't THAT sheltered. :eek:

YouTube - Good and Bad Hair - Straight & Nappy

Last edited:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Oh, jeez.

All these images of the Chia Obama & the "Jolly Obama" Lawn Jockey and the Obama Chicken Fingers... and the prospect of YOU-KNOW-WHO, that someone Nick is thinking of that none of us is referencing by name, lurking around the corner and then suddenly unloading on this thread... just gives me the GIGGLIES.

Ok. All right. I admit it. They're slightly funny. Even the Lawn Jockey. My wall's have broken down. I'm giggling.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it could have as easily been anyone with kinky hair of any race

the lawn jockey is definitely questionable given the history of that item

the display at CBOT was just boorish

the fingers are just puzzling

but, yes, the chia was mildly funny