Gift ideas, please.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I am struggling with gift ideas for a lady friend of mine.

I don't want standard jewellry, and don't want to be silly on expense, so let's say $2,000 tops.

Any thoughts?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You're a generous friend if you're willing to spend $2000 on her. I don't think the total of all of my gifts will be that much. How about a trip somewhere warm?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
It's hard to figure out ideas for her without knowing her interests. I usually try to buy something that relates to something she's talked about liking or something we've done together.

That way, she gets a gift that she wants, and I perpetuate the impression that I listen to her. :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You should ask her what she wants. When you say "lady friend" I assume you are both in your 80's.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sightly over budget but what the heck.

HOLY CRAP! I can't even think of any way in which that bottle of perfume could be worth that much. wtf.

I casually approached this, but she doesn't like massage and steam rooms :confused:

What? She doesn't like massage and steam rooms? :eek: Maybe she needs a pass to the nearest mental health facility!! :tongue: (Teasing, teasing...) I agree with Italian978, and in all honesty, it was what I thought originally, I just didn't type it... get her a trip to somewhere warm! A weekend getaway.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Around here for $1700 you can buy her a day at a professional track with lessons driving a formula 1 or similar racing car. That's got to appeal to some women. Spend the rest on a really great catered lunch, suitable memorial trinkets and flowers.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A shopping spree to refurbish her wardrobe.

A Yamaha Clavinola digital piano ($2000 - $15000 price tag)

A fancy washer and drier Edit: Any time you buy a girl something practical, you have to include something completely impractical, like a pair of ridiculously lacy undies or body lotion with an amazing scent.

A year's worth of maid service so she has more time for you or her hobbies Edit: for a good maid, that'll be about 6 months.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am struggling with gift ideas for a lady friend of mine. I don't want standard jewelry, and don't want to be silly on expense, so let's say $2,000 tops. Any thoughts?
I love that you think $2,000 isn't silly on expense! Silly would not be my word of choice. The words outrageous and 'a bit much' come to mind. :tongue: Heck, I dated a man for 12 years who did quite well financially and I know for a fact he never spent more than $300 on me for Christmas. We won't even talk about birthdays. :mad:

Seriously though, if you are besotted enough to spend $2,000 why shun jewelry? Does she really have that much of it? I like this. Now it's just a watch, but it is quite lovely without being ostentatious. When she wears it, even if she isn't in your company she will remember how each moment spent with you is precious and beautiful.

NEVER, EVER give household appliances as Christmas or birthday gifts.

A shopping spree to refurbish her wardrobe.
A Yamaha Clavinola digital piano ($2000 - $15000 price tag)
A fancy washer and drier Edit: Any time you buy a girl something practical, you have to include something completely impractical, like a pair of ridiculously lacy undies or body lotion with an amazing scent. I'm sorry, a washer/dryer is a house gift not a me gift. A year's worth of maid service so she has more time for you or her hobbies Edit: for a good maid, that'll be about 6 months.
OMG! Now that is awesome! I would totally appreciate that as a gift. Everytime I came home from work to a clean home I would think of him and smile.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sadly, HM, she is in a different continent.

Why didn't you say so! :biggrin1: Get her, a cashmere bathrobe, sweater or jogging suit. Enclose a gift card which says, "To keep you warm when I'm not there." :kiss: Cashmere isn't terribly expensive so get her a bouquet of them in various colors.
Check out: Neiman Marcus - Fashion's premier designers, plus beauty's best brands, Shop Bloomingdales.com I have a Frye boot fetish so you can never go wrong with that. :wink: What is her fave shoe designer? Purchase a few pairs for her in different styles and colors. Trust me she will LOVE you and them!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL -- cool! That way I can wash all your... lingerie?! :biggrin1::tongue:

Wow -- a different continent. Well, why not fly out there and take her on a little shopping spree for a new outfit? Every woman loves attention, and almost all women love shopping. That would indeed make her feel special.

If she likes coffee, the Rialto automatic espresso/coffee maker is simply amazing. My biz partner in Texas (it's true, I have several interests) just got one and I am pea green with envy. The machine does EVERYTHING automatically!!! But then again, maybe she doesn't like coffee.

For $2000 one could practically re-do a room in one's house/apartment. So if she enjoys decorating -- and doesn't insist on designer stuff -- then a gift card to IKEA might be fun.

ALSO, a really good flat screen TV. I love how they open up floor space and give lots more decorating options to a room.

Then again, for that price, you could give her an Apple or Dell laptop. Edit: Sony Viao's are better than Dell.

- - - - - -

Enjoy!!!