Gilbert Gottfried fired

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As of today he will no longer be the voice of the Aflac duck because of comments he supposed made about the Japan earthquake. Not that I care about his firing....I couldn't stand his voice.

Notice I did not post this under "Celebrity Endowments".....he turns me off so much, I could care less if he had 15 inches. Even half of that. :biggrin1:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Arguably the most self-absorbed annoying-as-fuck comic ever.

Oh wait . . . I forgot about Sam Kinison and Andrew Dice Clay.

Not to mention Jerry Lewis.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ship that ignorant fool to Iran or Egypt. I rather see him make a joke there. Ha!
With a firing squad on his ass, that is.

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's his schtick. He's hasn't changed in years. He's known for gags like this, touble is with twitter. 'Too soon' is too easy to do. I like him.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't preparded to comment without knowing what exactly was said so I did a search.

It appears he's not alone.
50 Cent, Gilbert Gottfried Mock Japan's Earthquake Victims on Twitter - FoxNews.com

50's comments don't show the same insensitivity, in fact his second tweet calls for prayer.
Gottfried OTOH is tactless and without compassion. This isn't a case of "too soon", I can't see this ever being acceptable.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I wasn't preparded to comment without knowing what exactly was said so I did a search.

It appears he's not alone.
50 Cent, Gilbert Gottfried Mock Japan's Earthquake Victims on Twitter - FoxNews.com

50's comments don't show the same insensitivity, in fact his second tweet calls for prayer.
Gottfried OTOH is tactless and without compassion. This isn't a case of "too soon", I can't see this ever being acceptable.

Agreed

The possibility of 30,000-50,000 possibly being killed, it is not acceptable on any level.

Think about a Japanese comic making fun of 9/11 three days after it happened.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holy shit!

Between her abysmal sentiments and her atrocious grammar it's clear nothing of an enlightened nature ever penetrated her brain.

I wish professional sports teams had a rider in the athletes' contracts stating that not only can they be fired for offensive comments but that the athlete be required to pay the team damages in the amount of the contracted sum.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Holy shit!

Between her abysmal sentiments and her atrocious grammar it's clear nothing of an enlightened nature ever penetrated her brain.

I wish professional sports teams had a rider in the athletes' contracts stating that not only can they be fired for offensive comments but that the athlete be required to pay the team damages in the amount of the contracted sum.
But she believes in Jesus:rolleyes:

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They say beauty is the eye of the beholder, but I just don't see it in him. All I see a classless man with no shame at all. Think about it...if a relative of yours died in a natural diaster and Mr. Gottfried said that remark about most of those people that died in the United States from natural diasters alone......would you still say, "He's a beautiful man?" I don't think so.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eh, if he's a shock comedian then jokes about stuff like this'll be his bread and butter.

He'd be doing himself more of a disservice if he now came out with a grovelling apology, IMO.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Here's Gottfried at a recent Joan Rivers roast.
He's a beautiful guy.
Amerkuh can keep him.

Your post used sarcasm, not irony. (mocking like that is always sarcastic)

You use Socratic irony a lot though.

One cannot deny the sarcastic element.
But "he's a beautiful guy" is clearly an example of irony when my meaning is clearly the opposite of the obvious surface meaning.
Sarcasm and irony are on good terms and often seen together.

Last edited:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He, like many "shocking" comics back themselves into corners. They have said everything that could possibly offend people so they have to jump over current events in order to get a reaction - and a reaction is all most comics crave. His jokes were insensitive, too soon and not even humorous.

You know we are living in a modern society when you can be fired from the comfort of your own home/computer.