Gingrich hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by rubberwilli, Mar 9, 2007.

1. rubberwilli

rubberwilli Member

Albums:
    or even hypocrisy...

Now there is news that Newt Gingrich was having an extra-marital affair at the same time that he was leading the impeachment of Bill Clinton for his extra-marital sex with Monica Lewinsky. The congressional aide he was sleeping with is now his third wife. CNN Story

So, pay attention boys and girls, an extra-marital affair is ok, but extra-marital sex is a no-no and could get you impeached.

WTF?

2. Matthew

Gold Member

Typical.

3. silentc

silentc Member

That's correct. He's a slimeball. I say this as a conservative republican.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The "family values" hypocrits cough up yet another hairball.

5. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Technically the impeachment was not about the sex acts.
    It was about lying about it under oath. Perjury.

Which we all know old Newt would never do :rolleyes:

Odd country you have, where a standing president can be asked such impertinent meaningless questions. And the answers, whether truthful or not, offer no real benefit to anyone, except his enemies.

6. silentc

silentc Member

It is even more ironic how he recently authored a book called Rediscovering God in America. What a load of bullshit, honestly. He is a real hypocrit.

As I mentioned I'm a fairly conservative republican. As much as I'd like to say that those of my political orientation have more "family values," the idea is just ridiculous. You have to look at people and politicians on an individual level.

7. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I can't stand this motherfucker.

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

I couldn't agree more. I have some conservative tendencies myself, but whenever a group takes on the kind of postering these conservatives have, it's just blatantly obviously fraudulent. NO ONE should stand out and claim to be the living image of perfection- nor should they presume to tell others how to live. We all have our preferences, and that's just what we're going to do. If you're going to legislate "family values", you better believe people will be looking at yours.

9. silentc

silentc Member

Now Mitt Romney is the real deal.

Romney 08' :smile:

Uh oh, I probably just opened a huge can of worms

10. Male Bonding etc

Gold Member

Uh, yeah, like who's flip-flopping now...

11. silentc

silentc Member

Yea, he flip-flopped a little bit. But people evolve and their points of view change as they age and grow more mature. It's understandable to an extent. Honestly, I would be suspicious of someone who remained completely firm in the same position for decades.

12. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    How about a draft Candace movement?

I hope cuzin Noot getting personally politically active and ambitious will result in him getting dropped as an occasional economic pundit on NPR's program 'Marketplace'. I have been presuming he is supposed to balance Robert Reich. The ideas he puts forward are so half baked and unworkable. I think he might even get things more fucked up than the Yellow Rose of Texas has.

13. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

This is such crap. This is like former Congressman Henry Hyde saying that his extramarital affair at around 40 was a "youthful indiscretion." Talk about redefining youth! As for "maturing," I would prefer that politicians have knowledgeable positions on major issues that they can learn about before getting, before getting elected. We have a president right now who has needed nothing but on the job training, and obviously hasn't learned anything anyway. I am suspicious of someone who has such low intellectual standards for Republican politicians.

14. agnslz

Gold Member

Hypocrisy indeed! Newt Gingrich thought it important enough to remove Bill Clinton from office for this, but not important enough to keep himself from that same office. And the difference is that one lied under oath, and the other lied only to the public? Please.

15. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

Newt has higher poll numbers than Romney even though Gingrich has not declared any intentions of running for President. I believe the last I saw was 10% for Newt and 8% for Romney. With this news I don't know how long it will stay like this, but neither of them would win the Republican nomination anyway.

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

Is it just me, or is anyone else just amazed the n00t found someone to fuck? Ewwww.

17. naughty

Gold Member

Oki,

People like our former speaker are why so many of you probably say you hate Christians and conservatives. This is the man who left his first wife for another congressional aide while she was in the hospital having a hysterectomy. At least he is consistant. He makes me want to puke. He is probably only apologizing now because he thinks it may clear the path for him to run for something in the future. I am so sorry that so many evil people are walking around using Gods name.

18. silentc

silentc Member

Whoh, hold on! You sound PISSED OFF! What exactly has Romney done to piss you off? I live in Mass, and he is the former governer. So, I know him well.

I don't know about all that other shit you bring up. But how is Mitt Romney changing his mind about abortion over the course of his lifetime exactly like Hyde's extramarital affair? I think you need to lay off the kool-aid for awhile.

19. silentc

silentc Member

Good call on the poll numbers. You're very close. This early in the race(has it even started yet?), these poll numbers change dramatically. To use the old cliche, only one poll really matters. Anyway, here's the current data:

Rudy Giuliani 34%
    John McCain 30%
    Newt Gingrich 12%
    Mitt Romney 7%

As I said, right now it doesn't really mean much. I will say that scumbag Gingrich would be the last person I'd vote for in the primaries or the actual election.

*edit*
    Just found another poll and it matches your figures exactly. 10% and 8%. Go figure ;-)

20. silentc

silentc Member

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself. His self-righteousness is sickening. I think thats what really turns me off about him the most. I'd rather have someone in office who has a different political orientation than me but is honest about it and has good character. Gingrich is a fraud and a low-life. I'm a conservative republican, and his conservative policies mean nothing to me because he's just a bad person. That's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted