Girl insisted that we go out to eat, but doesn't reply to a follow up. wtf?

Anonymous420

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So for history; I've been friends with this girl for 4 years. We were super close from early 2014, and then somehow drifted apart in early 2016. We ran into each other at an event Saturday April 29th. She seemed very enthusiastic to see me and said gave me her new number. I then followed up with her sometime after that asking if she wanted to get dinner after I get back in town as I was going out of town over the weekend. She said she wanted to have dinner when I get back.

I text her when I got back, and she messaged me the next day asking if I was down to get dinner that night. Now, I left my wallet on the plane and said I might not be able to do it. However, she invited that I go and she will cover. I said yes. And she invited me to hang out with her and her 2 friends for dinner and drinks. We had a good time. Caught up. I talked to her friends. Everything was great. However, I had REALLY bad allergies and I coughed a lot. I know that sounds like nothing, but there had to be SOME reason I bombed. Maybe I didn't bomb, who knows....

Well, this past Sunday, I followed up saying "Hey. It was good hanging out. I'm off Tuesday. Would you like to hang out then? I'll cover this time." She never replied. It's only been 3 days but still....

We've been close. I have no idea what I did wrong, if anything. Maybe she just forgot to text back. Can I still recover it? I've always liked her from the day that I met her...

**TL;DR:** Went out with friend after she insisted that I go out with her. Didn't reply after I asked for a follow up. Could I have bombed it? Or could it just be a text that was forgotten to reply to? Am I safe to try and text one more time a casual "hello?"

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dude, she is not into you
let it go
embrace mental health

unless this is a different girl from four years ago
in that case... embrace mental health
meet new people
stop fishing four years ago for current relationships.

Reactions: Wave85 and CarlaM

Similar to the other threads you've made in AaW

https://www.lpsg.com/threads/whats-...female-friend-without-being-desperate.458648/

https://www.lpsg.com/threads/update...female-friend-without-being-desperate.464662/

https://www.lpsg.com/threads/female...e-penis-any-way-to-capitalize-on-this.426272/

https://www.lpsg.com/threads/girl-knows-im-larger-than-her-bf-shes-still-not-interested.337467/

https://www.lpsg.com/threads/have-l...ce-but-do-have-one-asset-that-is-good.330111/

We aren't that individual, we don't know. However, through the history of your threads made, you seem to think there's some pat answer or thing that you can do and all women ever will fall all over themselves for you. That's not how it works. You don't seem to know how to take no for answer, you don't seem to take hints when people give them that you're not interested, and you seem to think that just because you allegedly have a big dick (haven't looked at your photos nor do I care to) that will make you super appealing.

Anonymous420

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
let it go
embrace mental health

unless this is a different girl from four years ago
in that case... embrace mental health
meet new people
stop fishing four years ago for current relationships.

Did you not read? She insisted that we go out. She offered to even pay since I left my wallet on the plane. She was very warm and wanted me in her life. It makes no sense that unless I crapped my pants in front of her, that she would just go from hot to cold in one fell swoop.

You also seem to have a bad case of I did x thing for a woman, and now I'm entitled to a-z. We're still, still not that woman. If she continues ghosting you, take the hint and leave her the heck alone. Maybe you think you acted fine but you actually acted overbearing and entitled. How are we supposed to know?

Last edited by a moderator:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
let it go
embrace mental health
Did you not read? She insisted that we go out. She offered to even pay since I left my wallet on the plane. She was very warm and wanted me in her life. It makes no sense that unless I crapped my pants in front of her, that she would just go from hot to cold in one fell swoop.

can you read? she asked you to go out with her friends.
she fulfilled her social obligation to meeting an old friend
and she did it without being alone with you

learn to take a hint
this woman has been ghosting you for months
months, dude
reality, accept it

Anonymous420

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

learn to take a hint
months, dude
reality, accept it

I was not the one to ask her. She said hi to me. Voulenteered her number. She even reminded me if I still wanted to go to dinner. If she truly wanted nothing to do with me, she probably would have avoided the question. She for sure wouldn't have gone out of her way to remind me, offer to cover, etc. She was the one that suggested dinner, not me.

Anonymous420

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fade, you are a real insufferable bitch All you ever tell me is that every single interaction I have with a female is unwanted and that I'm every girl I even hang out with are getting ready to file a restraining order. You are really a wretched birch.

Anonymous420

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You also seem to have a bad case of I did x thing for a woman, and now I'm entitled to a-z. We're still, still not that woman. If she continues ghosting you, take the hint and leave her the heck alone. Maybe you think you acted fine but you actually acted overbearing and entitled. How are we supposed to know?

You don't know. You even admitted. Yet somehow, you are automatically assuming that just because it's been 3 days, than she must think I'm creepy. You, yourself, are also making assumptions. You assume that just because I'm only 5'6", that all women find my attention unwanted.

You are really a terrible, terrible, human being.

Fade, you are a real insufferable bitch All you ever tell me is that every single interaction I have with a female is unwanted and that I'm every girl I even hang out with are getting ready to file a restraining order. You are really a wretched birch.

Aw, I'm a tree. How cute.

I said we aren't that individual, so how are we supposed to know, actually. Which tend to be the TL;DR of every response I make to these threads of "oh my gosh this female did this and now I don't know what to do".

You don't know. You even admitted. Yet somehow, you are automatically assuming that just because it's been 3 days, than she must think I'm creepy. You, yourself, are also making assumptions. You assume that just because I'm only 5'6", that all women find my attention unwanted.

You are really a terrible, terrible, human being.

And I said IF she continues ghosting you, which given your other threads seems to happen a lot. Not "oh, they told you to stop talking to them". Further, I didn't know your height, don't care about your height, and didn't mention anything about your height.

Last edited by a moderator:

learn to take a hint
months, dude
reality, accept it

I must have touched a nerve. He's not calling you a Spruce or a Birch or an Aspen or anything like that. Funny how he's not doing the same to you :D

Anonymous420

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And I said IF she continues ghosting you, which given your other threads seems to happen a lot. Not "oh, they told you to stop talking to them". Further, I didn't know your height, don't care about your height, and didn't mention anything about your height.

I'm sorry if I was overly mean. I just took it as you're attacking me as a loser, basement dwelling neckbeard due to the fact alone that I face rejection. I already am insecure as fuck and whenever a female on the internet makes me feel like the way I'm already insecure, I will be a dick, that's just what I do.

I'm sorry if I was overly mean. I just took it as you're attacking me as a loser, basement dwelling neckbeard due to the fact alone that I face rejection. I already am insecure as fuck and whenever a female on the internet makes me feel like the way I'm already insecure, I will be a dick, that's just what I do.

And ya don't consider that maybe, just maybe your apparent penchant for flying off the freaking handle when someone is just being blunt that it could possibly be part of why you have shitty luck with women?

I was not the one to ask her. She said hi to me. Voulenteered her number. She even reminded me if I still wanted to go to dinner. If she truly wanted nothing to do with me, she probably would have avoided the question. She for sure wouldn't have gone out of her way to remind me, offer to cover, etc. She was the one that suggested dinner, not me.
Taking what you've said here at face value, I'm going with A- you did something socially unacceptable/unwanted and didn't realize it (like she thought you were flirting with her friends or have bad breath or something) B- she felt somehow obligated to go to dinner and was just being nice/wanting to get rid of the guilty conscience or C- she's busy and you should chill the F out.

Reactions: Wave85 and rtg

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'll try to keep this brief. She may just not be that into you. If she asked you to dinner it doesn't mean it was a date. The fact she brought friends definitely indicates that it wasn't a date. Perhaps you scared her off in your follow up text because you seem to think it was a date, when it wasn't to her?

Or perhaps she was semi interested and thought she'd go to dinner to see if she really was interested. Maybe she decided she wasn't. Maybe it was just a lack of chemistry. Maybe it was the coughing. Maybe it was something else. Maybe it's her and not you. We pointed out by fade, only she can answer that.

Or... she could just be busy and forgot to reply. In which case she's probably not that into you anyway.

Sorry to be blunt dude but there's no point stressing yourself out about it. Move on.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She's been hot and cold with you for well over a year. When people are hot and cold with you, they either do not care about you at all, or they are manipulating you. This is true 100% of the time.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I already am insecure as fuck
I can't speak cor other women, but I can smell insecurity a mile away, and I just am not attracted to men who lack confidence, and if I'm honest, I'm not particularly attracted to short men either. Neither of those things preclude friendship, but we are probably not fucking if I'm taller barefoot than he is in shoes AND he is riddled with insecurities. Maybe she feels like I do.